Print and PDF
March 21, 2019
Improvements / Changes
- Introducing Zia-powered smart data import capabilities for creating applications in accounts using Zoho Creator 5.
Forum post | Help document
March 20, 2019
- Your Zoho Creator account's Home page has been revamped:
March 18, 2019
- In new signups, two choices with the same value and letter case will not be allowed in drop down, radio, multi select, and checkbox fields. For example, you will not be allowed to have "Open" and "open" (case difference in "o") as choices in the same field. Choices with the same value were being permitted when they had at least one difference in their letter case.
March 15, 2019
- While accessing ZML based pages from web browsers and mobile devices, elements related to form will now automatically be refreshed when users add, edit, and delete records. Things to note:
- The elements that will be refreshed are panels, charts, reports (except pivot reports).
- The create, update, and delete operations must happen from the same window. In other words, the corresponding form or its report must be embedded in that page. Opening the form (from the page) in a pop-up or new window will not auto-refresh the related elements in that page.
- While accessing spreadsheet reports in accounts using New UI and accounts using Zoho Creator 5, saving the changes made to a column's width was not working as expected.
- While accessing ZML pages in a pop-up window, users weren’t able to see the record count when they hovered over a chart.
March 14, 2019
- randomNumber() is now available for accounts using Zoho Creator 5 (learn more) and accounts using New UI (learn more).
- In accounts using New UI and accounts using Zoho Creator 5, lookup field's filter was not being applied when users accessed quick filters that were based on those lookup fields.
- Importing data wasn't working as expected when the uploaded file contained more than ten sheets in it.
March 9, 2019
- When passed with mismatched key-value pairs, the view records API was giving an incomplete XML response.
March 8, 2019
- In accounts using Zoho Creator 5, when page parameter is set with a value that contains a special character, printing that page as PDF was rendering a blank PDF.
- Upon printing the report as summary in accounts using New UI and accounts using Zoho Creator 5, the report's overall summary was overlapping the sumarry of records.
March 1, 2019
- Accounts using Zoho Creator 5 can now collect payments via Stripe. Learn how to connect your account with Stripe
Bug fixes / Changes
- When a lookup field displays data from another app, customer portal users will not be allowed to add new entries in the looked-up form. They will instead be shown a message. Reason: Customer portal is meant to give your customers a restricted access to your app. Entering data in to another app via a lookup field is therefore not allowed.
February 28, 2019
- In accounts using Zoho Creator 5, two new themes (the eighth and ninth) have been introduced with regard to accessing apps from web browsers:
- Both themes list sections on the left, with a section's icon placed above its title
- The eighth theme sports a separate column to show the components (forms, reports, and pages) within a section and the ninth one shows the components when you hover over the section
- Based on the color applied to these themes, the sections, app's icon, and app's header will undergo subtle UI changes
- Exporting and duplicating an app were not happening when the Added Location and Modified Location system fields were used in workflows.
February 27, 2019
Improvements / Changes
- To improve usability, the style toolbar atop the panel builder has been remodelled as the Style tab on the right, next to the Display and Action tabs.
- Printing relationship diagram was not working as expected.
- Gallery apps installed in the last 7 days were uneditable. We’ve fixed this — you can now edit them.
February 26, 2019
- When two or more functions were calling each other, the per-call Deluge statement execution limit (as per the account's subscription) was not being enforced.
- When emojis were copy-pasted in rich text fields, the emojis and succeeding text were being truncated upon form submission. As the rich text field does not support emojis, each emoji will be replaced by a question mark (?) and the remaining text will be submitted.
February 25, 2019
- When section labels are customized for phone and tablet, managing device-specific localization is now supported. Learn more
Bug fixes / Changes
- With regard to importing records from reports when dropdown, radio, and lookup fields are present:
- Dropdown and radio fields will accept new values (i.e., values that are not predefined choices) when their Allow Other Choice property is enabled
- Lookup fields will accept new values (i.e., values that are not present in the looked-up form) when their Allow new entries property is enabled
- Record import will fail when the above said are not met. The import summary will include reasons for such failures.
- With regard to uploaded files in file upload, image, audio, and video fields in accounts using New UI and accounts using Zoho Creator 5:
- The file's name can contain up to 150 characters. The file's name will automatically be trimmed when it exceeds this limit.
- Special characters, including whitespaces and excluding hyphen (-), will be replaced by underscore ( _ )
February 20, 2019
- Accounts using New UI and accounts using Zoho Creator 5 can now save the column widths they set while accessing spreadsheet reports. This ability will be available to users of an app who have the permission to edit it.
- When name and address data from a related form was being displayed in a report or record summary, exporting the report or record as a PDF and attaching the record summary as a PDF in email was not working as expected.
February 19, 2019
- The following apps have been added to Zoho Creator 5's app gallery: Hotel Management, Facilities Management, Business Finance Tracker, Property Maintenance Tracker, Approval Management, Employee Emergency Check-In, Site Inspector, Incident Tracker, Conference Room Booking, and Personal Finance Tracker.
February 14, 2019
- With regard to panel actions, you can now map static values to the arguments of custom functions.
- Few edge cases with regard to application of field-level permissions, defined in permission sets, were fixed.
February 13, 2019
- Accounts using Zoho Creator 5 now have a new UI for the Integration field:
- Few edge cases with regard to printing and exporting pages were fixed.
February 11, 2019
- Accounts using Zoho Creator 5 now have the ability to execute custom actions (in reports) after getting a confirmation from the users. Learn more
- Version 5.12 of the Zoho Creator native mobile app for iOS is now available.
- In accounts using Zoho Creator 5, users were unable to access reports where the report filter contained built-in functions operating on date or date-time field.
February 8, 2019
- Accounts using Zoho Creator 5 can now add a Zoho OAuth connection from their Account Setup.
- For accounts using Zoho Creator 5, we've brought interactivity in the reference-listing popups that appear during the following. Learn more
- Deleting fields, forms, reports, pages, and apps
- Disabling the Capture location and Capture IP address form properties
- Enabling and disabling the Encrypt data field property
February 7, 2019
Improvements / Changes
- Navigation in calendar and timeline reports, when accessed from web browsers, has been improved. Learn more
- View-specific pickers have been introduced
- Existing navigation buttons have been rearranged
- Currency field now supports Chilean Unidad de Fomento - currency code CLF and currency symbol UF
- The On Click of a Record action in the kanban report was not being executed when users clicked on images in the records.
February 5, 2019
- Adding a record from the Week view of calendar and timeline reports was taking user to the first week of that month. They will now be taken to the week from which the record was added.
- Custom column widths were not being saved in reports created by shared users. Hereafter they will not be shown the option to save changes when they change column width in a report.
January 31, 2019
- Setting value via Deluge script for a users field that displays customers, wasn’t working as expected
January 30, 2019
- Fixed with regard to mapping page parameters to arguments of a function in a panel’s action
- Fixes with regard to updating calendar report’s Default date after changing the date format in app settings
January 29, 2019
- Accounts using Zoho Creator 5 had orientation issues while printing and exporting a record
January 24, 2019
- We are deprecating the script builder:
- It will be deprecated at the end of Mar-2019
- Workflows built using the script builder can be edited from the Free-flow scripting mode
- In case you wish to use the script builder till the end of Mar-2019, send an email to email@example.com
- Unable to save Deluge script when distinct() is applied on multi select or checkbox fields
- While searching for data from web browsers: Search terms entered against choice fields (like drop down, radio) were not being retained in the search window
January 23, 2019
- Names of months and days in the date and date-time pickers will be translated when the app’s date format displays only numbers, like mm-dd-yyyy (01-23-2019) or dd-mm-yyyy (23-01-2019). This translation won't happen when your app's date format is alpha-numeric, like dd-mmm-yyyy (23-Jan-2019) or dd mmmm yy (23 January 2019).
January 19, 2019
- Unable to save send mail task when the FROM address is zoho.adminuserid and includes an alias. For example:
from : "Jason <" + zoho.adminuserid + ">"
to : input.Email_Address
subject : "Subject"
message : "Message"
January 14, 2019
- Capturing an image via the device’s camera while accessing from a web browser, was not working as expected
January 11, 2019
- Record templates were not being duplicated upon form duplication
- Changing map report's Based on field was not working as expected. Refer to step six in this page.
- Accessing map reports from Firefox 64.0 was not working as expected
- Your Creator account's Home was temporarily unaccessible
January 9, 2019
- Open URL tasks were not being executed in the On Delete workflow blocks of forms
January 8, 2019
- The combination of emboldening, italicizing, and underlining content in record templates was not being rendered as expected
January 2, 2019
- Grouping of records based on drop down field were not appearing as expected in the exported PDF file