Backup and restore apps
To create a new backup:
- Navigate to your Zoho Creator Home.
- Click the Setup icon near the top-right corner of the Home page. You'll be taken to the Account Setup page.
- Select Backup Apps under Data Administration.
- Click Take a New Backup in the top-right corner of theBackup List tab. A popup window will appear.
- In the New Backup popup, select the application to backup and its required frequency. The backup takes place based on the set frequency. Click Done.
- While the backup is in progress, the Backup/Restore Logs tab will show the status of the backup.
- The backed up applications will be listed under the Backup List tab, along with their version numbers and their date of backup after completion of backup.
Manage backup schedule
The Backup Schedule List tab contains the scheduled backups that take place according to their configured frequency. From here, you can:
- Create a new backup schedule
- Set the backup status
- Edit the frequency of any scheduled backup
- Search for backups using search keywords.
To create a scheduled backup,
- Navigate to the Backup Schedule List tab.
- Click Take a New Backup at the top-right corner. A popup window will appear.
- Select the application to backup and its required frequency. Click DONE.
- The backed up applications will be listed under the Backup Schedule List tab, along with their frequency, scheduled time of backup, and their status.
- You can change the status of scheduled backups by clicking the Active/Inactive button beside the required application. By default, the status is set as Active for scheduled backups.
- You can also edit the frequency of your backup by clicking Edit beside the required application.
Restore a backed up application
To restore an application:
- Navigate to Backup List tab.
- Click Restore for the application that you want to restore. A popup window will appear.
- Check the details in the New Restore popup and click RESTORE NOW.
- Your Creator homepage will list the restored application when the restore is complete.
Download the backup file
- Navigate to the Backup List tab.
- Click the Download button beside the application whose backup you want to download.
- The downloaded backup file is a .zip file that includes the Deluge script file of the application structure (.ds file) and a set of .csv files containing the application data.