Note: Workspace has been previously called as Reporting Database.
Zoho Analyitcs allows you to specify a set of preferences for your Workspaces such as setting the beginning of your fiscal year, set chart color or grid theme across the reports and manage users, data alerts and slideshows.
This section briefs you on the Workspace settings.
- What are the customization options available for Workspace?
- How can I Customise Workspace?
- How can I rename the Workspace?
- Can I set a Workspace as default?
- Can I show hidden columns in the Report designer?
- Can I set the start day of the week for my Workspace?
- Can I set the first Week for my fiscal Year?
- Can I set the start Month of my fiscal Year?
- How can I set the format to display the fiscal year in my reports?
- Can I specify the format to display week and year in my reports?
- Can I backup data from my Workspace?
- How do I backup data in my Workspace?
- What are Variables in Zoho Analyitcs?
- How do I create a Variable?
- Can I create multiple Variables?
- Can I set Chart Colors for Charts across my Workspace?
- What are Color Palettes?
- How do I create customised color palette?
- How can I apply the customized color palette over existing charts?
- Can I set Grid Themes across my Workspace?
- How can I customize a Grid Theme?
- How can I apply the customized Grid Theme over existing Pivot , Summary or Tabular Views?
- Can I view the resource usage of the Workspace?
- How do I manage all Users in the Workspace?
- Can I add a User?
- Can I edit a User?
- Can I deactivate a User?
- Can I delete a User?
- How do I Manage all Slideshows in my Workspace?
Zoho Analyitcs provides various options to customize the Workspace to suit your need. They are largely grouped as follows:
You can modify the preferences of the Workspace by clicking the Settings button in the Explorer tab. The Settings page allows you to configure a wide range of options that discussed in the below questions.
You can rename the workspace from the Settings page General tab. Modify the Workspace Name and Description as needed.
Note: Workspace name should be unique.
Yes, you can set a Workspace as a default. Set the Make this Workspace Default? to Yes, the Workspace will be marked as default and will be opened when accessing Zoho Analyitcs.
Note: Only one Workspace can be set as default.
5. Can I show hidden columns in the Report designer?
Yes, you can choose to list the hidden columns from the table in the report designer. To do this set the Show hidden columns while creating reports? to Yes.
Yes, you can set the starting day of the week using the Week start day option. By default, the starting day is set as Sunday. You can choose to modify this to one of the following options:
The selected day will be used as the start day of the week. This will be used to compute the weeks while generating reports.
Yes, you can set the first week for your fiscal year using the Week Mode option.
The available options are:
- ISO 8601- The week with minimum of 4 days will be taken as the first week of the fiscal year.
- Week starts on Month 1 - The first day of the fiscal year will be taken as the first week of the Fiscal year.
Yes, you can specify the start month of your fiscal year using the Starting Month option.
By default, the starting month is set as January. You can choose to modify this to one of the following options:
The selected month will be used as the start month of the financial year. This will be used to compute the year while generating reports.
You can also specify the format to display your fiscal year format using the Year Display Format. To know more on this, refer to the below question.
Yes, you can specify the format of your fiscal year format to be displayed in the reports using the Year Display Format. Available options are:
- Display fiscal year start - Displays the start year of the fiscal year e.g., the fiscal year of 2018-2019 will be displayed as 2018.
- Display fiscal year end (default)- Displays the end year of the fiscal year e.g., the fiscal year of 2018-2019 will be displayed as 2019.
- Display year as range - Displays the range of years i.e., start to end year of the fiscal year e.g., the fiscal year of 2018-2019 will be displayed as 2018 -2019.
Yes, you can choose the format of week and year to be displayed in the reports using the Week and Year Format. Available options are:
- Long - Displays the start and end date of the week along with the year e.g., 01 - 07 Jan 2018
- Medium - Displays the week number as Week (N) along with the year e.g., Week 01 2018
- Short - Displays the week number as W(N) along with the year e.g., W01 2018
Zoho Analyitcs allows you to back up the data available in your Workspace. Workspace Backup option will backup the data from tables and SQL queries from query tables and make it available for download. The reports and dashboards are not backed up. You can use this feature if you want to have a local copy of your data.
- Zoho Analyitcs runs on redundant network devices to avoid any single point of failure at any level on the internal network.
- User data is backed-up periodically across multiple servers, helping protect the data in the event of hardware failure or disaster. Hence, your data will remain safe on our servers. In the case of any unforced system issues, we would help you to restore your data from our end. Click to know more.
- This Backup feature is recommended to be used only if you want to have an archive of your data.
You can back data from Workspace from the Backup tab in the Settings page. Follow the below steps to do so.
- Open the Backup tab in the Settings page.
- Set the Backup Enabled option to Yes.
- You can choose to schedule your backup in a periodic interval. Specify the interval to backup your data in the Repeat. Available options are:
- Not Scheduled
- Weekly Once
- Monthly Once
- In case of scheduling, you need to specify the interval for backup. Specify the time to backup the data in GMT timezone.
- For Weekly and Monthly schedule specify the day or date for backup data.
- Once the data is backed up, you can download the backup file by clicking the date link next to the Backup-Archive URL.
The last 3 versions of the backed up data will be available for download. The latest file will be at the same URL/link, thereby making it easy for you to bookmark or download. Older versions will be deleted.
The backups can also be configured at the account level. To know more, click here.
Variables are placeholders that help you to assign dynamic values for individual users of the Workspace. You can further use these variables in the Sharing filter criteria to filter reports or apply default value for User Filter dynamically. We plan to extend this support for features such as formulas.
Note: These variables are specific to each Workspace and cannot be used across Workspace.
You can easily create a Variable in Zoho Analyitcs by following the below steps.
- Open the Variable tab.
- Click Create New Variable. The Create New Variable dialog will open. Here we have used the example of creating a variable for "Regional Managers" where the value of each region is mapped to the corresponding regional manager's email id.
- Enter a Variable Name field (example, Regional manager).
- In the Map Values to Users enter the value that needs to be mapped with the email ids. Multiple email ids can be mapped for a single value.
You can directly type the email ids or click the Add User/ Group icon and add contacts and groups.
- You can add more values by clicking the + Add New Value link.
- You can set a Default Value for all the users whose email ids are not mapped to a particular value.
- You can specify multiple values as default using the +Add New Default Value link. Selecting the All Values checkbox includes all possible values in your data as the default value.
- Click Save once you have set all the option. The variable will be created for this Workspace.
You can further use these variables in the Sharing filter criteria to filter reports or apply default value for User Filter dynamically. (Click here to see how to use them in sharing filter criteria)
Zoho Analyitcs provides a set of predefined system variables that you can use in your filter criteria. They are listed below.
|System Variable Name||Description|
|System.login.email||Returns the email id of the user who has logged in|
|System.login.firstname||Returns the first name of the user who has logged in|
|System.login.lastname||Returns the last name of the user who has logged in|
|System.login.fullname||Returns the full name of the user who has logged in|
Yes, you can create multiple variables in a Workspace. All Variables will be listed in the Variables tab of the Settings page. You can view and manage all the Variables from this page. On mouse over, a list of action menu to edit and delete the Variables.
Yes, Zoho Analyitcs does allow you to customize the chart colors to be applied over your Charts across the Workspace. When you create a chart, the colors applied over your data series are based on the Color Palatte you have set in the Workspace. You can set this using the Color Palette.
Color Palette is a collection of colors that allows you to customize and beautify your charts. Zoho Analyitcs offers three types of color palette to choose from. They are:
- Solid Color - A collection of plain solid colors will be listed for this type. The "Zoho Analyitcs Default" palette in this type will be set as the default palette for your Workspace.
- Monochrome - Shades of a single color will be listed for this type. The categories are differentiated by the tones and tints of the same color applied across the different cells in a chart.
- Gradient - A combination of two colors where transitions between one color and another are in a smooth fashion.
You can customize the Color Palette by following the steps given below.
- Open the Chart Color tab of the Settings page.
- Select the Palette type. In our example, we will be customizing the solid color palette.
- Select an existing color palette e.g., Zoho Analyitcs Default.
- Click on a color to edit it.
- In the Edit Color dialog that opens, choose the color and click OK.
- You can customize the brightness and transparency of the colors by using the slider as shown in the below image.
- Once you have made the necessary customizations, click the Save Palette link.
- In the Save Palette as dialog that opens, enter a palette name and click Save. The palette will be saved.
You can apply the customized palette to all existing charts by selecting the option Apply this Palette to all existing Charts. This will replace the existing colors of all your charts with colors from the selected palette.
Note: This action is irreversible.
Yes, Zoho Analyitcs does allow you to apply the uniformed Grid Theme over the Pivot View, Summary View and Tabular views in the Workspace.
The Grid Theme allows you to customize the look and feel of your Pivot, Summary and Tabular views using colorful and attractive themes. You can customize the themes to suit your taste. The themes that you have set in the Grid Theme tab will be applied over all the view your workspace.
Zoho Analyitcs provides various options to customize the themes. Follow the below steps to customise a Grid Theme for a Pivot Table:
- Open the Grid Themes tab in the Settings page.
- Select the Pivot tab.
- Select the Theme Layout from the available set of seven layouts.
- Select the Theme Color that you wish to apply.
- Select the Font for the text in your Pivot.
- You can Zoom in or Zoom out using the Zoom option. This will increase or decrease the size of your Pivot Table.
- You can alter the Row spacing using the three predefined options.
- If you want to reset the theme to the default theme click the Reset to System Default option.
- Click Save. The theme will be applied over the new Pivot View that you create in this Workspace.
You can similarly apply Grid Themes to Summary and Tabular views by selecting the appropriate tabs.
You can apply this palette to all existing Pivot, Summary or Tabular Views by selecting the option Apply this Setting to all existing Pivot views. This will update all your view with the customised Grid Theme.
Note: This action is irreversible.
Zoho Analyitcs allows you to view the resources used at a Workspace level using the Resource Usage tab in the Settings page. This feature enables you to compare the resources used for that particular Workspace.
The Resource Usage tab lists a summary of users, rows, query tables, email and import schedules used in this Workspace.
Clicking on the numbers under the Used column will display the exact details such as the email ids of the users, number of rows used by each of the tables in the Workspace etc.,
You can manage the resources used at the account level. To know more, click here.
Zoho Analytic allows you to manage all user in your workspace from a single page for easy access. The Users tab allows you to effectively manage the users in the Workspace. You can view, edit, add, delete and deactivate users from this page.
You can add a new user to your Workspace using the Add New Users button.
- Adding a user here will not create an account in Zoho Analyitcs. It will just associate the user to your Zoho Analyitcs account.
- An invitation mail will be sent to the user to signup into Zoho Analyitcs.
- Views (reports/dashboards/data tables) have to be shared with the user to get access to this Workspace.
Once the user is added to the Workspace you can edit the role of the user from the User tab itself. To edit click the Edit icon that appears on mouse over next to the email Id.
In the Edit User Role dialog that opens, select the role from the drop-down.
Zoho Analyitcs allows you to temporarily deactivate a user, retaining the user information instead of completely deleting the user. By doing so, all the privileges that you have granted for this Workspace will become instantly unavailable to the user. These privileges can be reinstated at a later point while reactivating the email id in the Workspace.
You can deactivate a user using the Status toggle button. You can choose to deactivate or reactivate by setting it as Active or Inactive respectively.
Alternatively, you can also deactivate or reactivate the user by select the user you wish to deactivate and then click Deactivate/Activate at the top buttons.
Note: Deactivating a user here will only deactivate the user for this Workspace. If you wish to deactivate a user from your Zoho Analyitcs account, refer here.
You can delete users who are no longer needed in your Workspace, anytime you want. When you delete a user from your Workspace, all privileges that you have assigned to that user in that Workspace will be completely removed.
You can delete the user by selecting the user you wish to delete and then click Delete at the top buttons.
Note: Deleting a user from this page will only delete the user for this particular Workspace. If you wish to learn about deleting a user from an account, click here.
Zoho Analyitcs allows you to manage all the slideshows in your workspace from a single page for easy access. Follow the steps to view and manage all the slideshows in your Workspace.
- Open the Slideshows tab in the Setting page.
- This will list all slideshows created in your workspace.
- On mouse over, a list of action menu will appear. You can perform the below operations.
- Embed Code - Click this to get the embed URL of the Slideshow.
- Edit - Click this to edit the Slideshow settings.
- Delete - Click this to delete the Slideshow.