Introduction to the Zoho Creator Android SDK
The Zoho Creator Software Development Kit (SDK) for Android is aimed at helping you easily build a custom Android app with multiple features and functionalities. The APIs enable you to programmatically fetch and edit data within different Zoho Creator modules such as Forms, Pages and Reports. Additionally, you can design the app's UI according to your style guides while powering the back-end development using the SDK.
The Zoho Creator SDK consists of two libraries:
- Core library: It lets you create your own custom UIs and build apps using the data present in the components of your Zoho Creator applications.
- UI library: This also includes the core library. It lets you include the components of your Zoho Creator applications (forms, reports, and pages) in your Android app and also create your own custom UIs and build apps using the data present in the different components.
The Android libraries contain the following classes:
- SDKUtil - This util lets you manage the interface of various components of the Zoho Creator application. This is only available in the UI library.
- ZOHOCreatorUtil - This util lets you fetch the list of applications belonging to an account and also fetch sections and its components.
- FormUtil - This util lets you add, edit ,and update records and handle the functionalities of the choice fields, media fields and the execution of deluge scripts and field actions.
- ReportUtil - This util lets you fetch the different reports(Map, kanban, Calendar etc.). Also delete, duplicate , export and perform custom actions on the records. You can also download the data that are present in the media fields - image, file upload, audio, video, and signature.
- PageUtil - This util lets you fetch the contents of the page and also lets you execute function and download the images in the page.