Widgets are used to extend the capabilities of your Zoho Creator application so that you could perform tasks that could not be accomplished using the in-built features. It equips you with additional features to enhance the front-end capabilities of your app.
- Widget capabilities
- Create and customize
- Redefine app interface
- Incorporate third-party apps
- Points to remember
Widgets enable you to:
- Create and customize features that are specific to your app
- Redefine the way your application interacts with your customers
- Take complete control of the front-end design
- Incorporate third-party apps that cater to your Creator app
There are many features in Zoho Creator that help you bring your application together. However, there can arise instances where you are unable to find the exact solution to a requirement. Widgets can help you resolve such minor setbacks. You can create a feature, configure it as a widget, and add it to your page to attain the kind of usability you are looking for.
Let's assume you are an automobile dealer and have an application dashboard for your monthly sales-related data. This dashboard has details of the number of vehicles sold, a comparison of the previous month's sales, a ranking of the models sold, the sales teams' individual performance scores, and a customer feedback form. You would need to display a form that is of feedback matrix type. You can configure the form as a widget in your page. Using Java Script, CSS, and HTML, you can create this form, upload it to Creator, and introduce it into the required page as a widget. You can use Creator API to add, update, edit, and delete records from this report.
Widgets boost your control over the front-end design of your application. You will be able to completely redesign your app to suit your requirements and to mirror the uniqueness of your brand. This gives you a mechanism that changes the way your app interacts with your customers.
- The widgets with JS APIs will not work on the published pages.
- You can create up to 50 widgets in your Zoho account.
- For internal hosting,
- the maximum size of the widget ZIP file must not exceed 10 MB.
- the number of files inside the widget ZIP file must not exceed 250.
- the maximum size of a file inside the widget ZIP file must not exceed 5 MB.
- The widget ZIP file name must not exceed 100 characters and can contain alphanumerics (A-Z, a-z, 0-9), _, \, $, ., -.
- The file names inside the widget ZIP file must not exceed 50 characters and can contain alphanumerics (A-Z, a-z, 0-9), _, ., $,-.
- The folder name inside the widget ZIP file can contain alphanumerics (A-Z, a-z, 0-9), _, $, -.
- File types supported include .txt, .md, .XML, .dre, .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .gif, .css, .js, .HTML, .json, .mp3, .svg, .woff, .ttf, .eot, .otf, .woff2, .webm, .mp4.