Importing & Exporting purchase modules
Importing Purchase Order
Data import can be carried out for each entity in Zoho Inventory including Purchase Orders. To import purchase orders into Zoho Inventory:
- Navigate to the Purchase Orders tab.
- Click on the Menu button.
- Select the option ‘Import Purchase orders’.
- The import page opens up.
Note: From here you can download a sample file to check the proper format for upload and ensure your purchase order file matches that format, or directly proceed to upload that file.
- Choose the file(s) to be imported.
- Choose the appropriate character encoding. By default it will be UTF-08 Unicode.
- Choose the File delimiter(comma or semicolon).
- Click Next to proceed to map the fields.
- You also have an option to enable auto generation of PO number for the file you’re about to upload.
- Zoho Inventory will auto match the file headers of the imported file to the closest matching field in Zoho Inventory.
- You can manually edit each field to match the headers, and save these preferences for future use.
- Click Next to proceed to previewing your import. On proceeding, Zoho Inventory shows you any unmapped field you may have left out or could not match.
- You can map the unmapped fields by adding new fields matching the respective headers.
- Click on the Import button to import the file(s).
Exporting Purchase Orders
To export the purchase orders in your organization:
- Navigate to the Purchase Orders page.
- Click on the Menu icon at the right top corner.
- Choose Export Purchase Orders option.
- A pop up for exporting the file(s) appears.
- The entity will by default be Purchase Orders.
- Choose the format in which you wish to export your purchase orders.(.XLS or .CSV)
- Click on the Export button.
Note: The file will be downloaded and stored in your default download folder.
To import a Bill, follow this route map:
- Go to Bills tab by clicking on the Bills option in the side bar.
- Click on the Menu button to the right hand top corner of the bills page.
- Choose the Import Bills option from the drop down.
- A new page where you can import a bill in .CSV or .TSV format opens up.
- Choose the file and select the type of character encoding as applicable. By default the character encoding will be UTF-8 Unicode.
- Select the File Delimiter.(comma or semicolon)
- Click on the Next button, to proceed to mapping the fields of the Bill.
- By default, Zoho Inventory maps the closely similar and related fields.
- You can also manually map any field or alter any already mapped field.
- Click Next to proceed to preview the import.
- Check if there are skipped records or unmapped fields.
- Click on the Import button to successfully import the bills.
To export bills, follow this route map:
- Go to the Bills tab
- Click on the Menu button that is situated in the right top corner.
- Choose the Export Bills option from the drop down.
- A new page, with all options to export bills, opens up.
- Configure how you wish to export your bills.
- Click on the Export button, to successfully export your bills.