You can import bulk data from your hard-drive into any of the modules within Zoho Inventory. This saves you a lot of time from manual entry.
The import process involves three phases:
- Phase 1 - Uploading the import file
- Phase 2 - Mapping import fields
- Phase 3 - Preview before completion
Phase 1 - Uploading the import file
- Login to your Zoho Inventory account.
- Navigate to any of the transaction module from the side bar.(Note: This document demonstrates the process of importing invoices.)
- Navigate to the Invoices module.
- Click the Menu button(Hamburger icon on the top right corner).
- Select Import Invoices option from the drop-down.
- Upload the relevant .csv or .tsv type file from your hard-drive.
Note: You can download and refer the sample file from this page to prepare the data on your import file.
- Choose the character encoding involved from the drop-down. By default, the character encoding is UTF-8(Unicode).
- Choose the File Delimiter(comma or semicolon). By default it will be comma for a .csv type file.
- Click Next to proceed to mapping the fields.
Phase 2 - Mapping import fields
- Zoho Inventory will automatically match the similar fields and map them.
- You can manually match the unmapped ones or alter mapped ones.
- Check the box near the option Save these selections for use during future imports to automate mapping for future item imports.
- Click the Next button to proceed to the Preview window.
Phase 3 - Preview before completion
Here a synopsis of the no. of invoices ready for import, no. of skipped records and unmapped fields will be shown.
- You can make any changes to the operation by clicking the Previous button.
- If everything is ready, click Import button to successfully import.
Likewise, you can swiftly upload large volume of data into the other modules in Zoho Inventory.