Our powerful Integration feature allows you to seamlessly synchronize with an accounting platform.
- Why integrate with Zoho Books?
- Must be an existing user of Zoho books for integrating with Zoho Books.
- The user must understand that no two different organizations can be joined together. This is because the joining process basically involves connecting a single organization across both the apps.
Why integrate with Zoho Books?
- Zoho Books is a simple to setup and simple to use robust accounting platform on the cloud.
- Centralised data between Zoho Books and Zoho Inventory - byebye double entries!
- Access to additonal modules inside Zoho Books for your inventory and customer management like recurring invoices, recurring bills, accounts, client portal, credit notes, timesheets, more reports and more in-house integrations.
The way it works
Zoho Books and Zoho Inventory have the same core. Simply put, it’s like looking at two different sections of a single ship, each designed to accomplish its specialised role for carrying the same cargo. Hence when you create an orgnization in one of these apps, you will be able to tap into it by simply joining that organization into the other app.
- On setting up an integration of Zoho Inventory with Zoho Books, all the data - settings, contacts, items, sales orders, purchase orders, bills and common reports are synchronized with your Zoho Inventory account.
- Henceforth any new operation in Zoho Books will be reflected in Zoho Inventory and vice versa.
- For example: after you have successfully setup an integration, if you create a sales order in Zoho Books, it will be reflected in the sales order module of your Zoho Inventory.
Zoho Inventory <-> Zoho Books Integration Flow Diagram:
Setting up an integration with Zoho Books
You can synchronize Zoho Books and Zoho Inventory in three ways:
Creating your very first organization by joining an existing Zoho Books organization
If you have an organization in Zoho Books, before you set up your first organization, you will be directed to a page where you have an option to join your existing organization into Zoho Inventory. To do so:
- Select your Zoho Books organization from the list.
- Click on the Join Organization to integrate with Zoho Books.
- On doing so, all the data and the preferences that you have in Zoho Books will be reflected inside Zoho Inventory.
- You can also note that the organization ID in Zoho Books and Zoho Inventory are going to be one and the same. This is because your organization is like a single palanquin that is now borne by two bearers(in our case two apps).
Joining your existing orgnization at a later point
- During your first try, you may have opted to setup a brand new organization in Zoho Inventory. After evaluating the app, now you have a need or a requirement to integrate with your existing Zoho Books organization.
But we know for a fact that two different organizations(with different organization IDs) cannot be integrated together.
Worry not! You can fulfil this requirement by joining your existing Zoho Books organization into Zoho Inventory by creating it as a second organization.
To do so:
- Click on the name of your current organization that’s displayed on the header
- Choose the option ‘Manage Organisations’ in the drop down.
- Click on the Join your existing Organizations button
- You will be directed to a page where all your existing organizations in Zoho Books and finance apps are listed.
- Select the desired organization.
- Click on the Join Organization button to setup an integration.
- Doing this, will join your existing Zoho Books organization into Zoho Inventory. This will be created as another organization here that will bear the ID of the one you have in Zoho Books.
- You can these either send us a delete request for your first evaluation organization in Zoho Inventory or name it as a Test Org and utilise it to test out new features and workflows(we roll out new features and updates often) before you implement them inside your active/real organization.
Joining a Zoho Inventory organization with Zoho Books
This method is for those who do not have an existing organization inside Zoho Books.
- Log into your Zoho Inventory organization.
- Click on the Integrations Tab on the side bar.
- Choose the Accounting tab.
- Click on the Access Now button.
- It will automatically take you to the same organization in Zoho Books.
- You will be taken through a quick setup process during the first time.
- On configuring all the steps, the same organization will be available in Zoho Books as well.
- Important Note:
- This method will be useful when a user created a new organization in Zoho Inventory and wishes to articulate the accounting features of Zoho Books for this organization.
- This method will not join this new organization with an existing organization in Zoho Books.
Creating new accounts for items & transactions in Zoho Inventory
- In Zoho Inventory, an inventory item can be associated and tracked under three different types of accounts - a sales account, a purchase aacount and an asset account. By default, an inventory item is associated with the following accounts - Sales, Cost of Goods Sold and Inventory Asset.
- Normally, you can also define new accounts in the integrated Zoho Books organization and associate them to items of your choice in Zoho Inventory to keep track of them separately. Learn about creating a new account from the Chart of Accounts of the integrated Zoho Books organization
- That being said, you can also create cost of goods sold type accounts within Zoho Inventory from creation page of items. Learn more about creating an item.
- Further to this, you can also create and associate asset, liability and expense type accounts from the creation page of purchase orders and bills.creating a purchase order.
QuickBooks Online - BETA
Zoho inventory is integrated with QuickBooks Online to make your accounting and inventory management go hand-in-hand. With this seamless integration, QuickBooks customers can easily access all their payments in Zoho Inventory.
Insight: This integration is currently available only in the US edition of Zoho Inventory.
With this integration you can:
- Import your accounts and contacts into Zoho Inventory from QuickBooks Online.
- Export your invoices and bills along with their payments from Zoho Inventory to QuickBooks Online.
In this page, you will learn how to:
- Set up QuickBooks Online integration in Zoho Inventory
- Configure the integration
- Delete the integration
Set up QuickBooks Online integration in Zoho Inventory
Integrating Zoho Inventory with QuickBooks Online is a simple and straightforward process.
- Log into your Zoho Inventory account.
- Navigate to the Integrations tab on the sidebar.
- Choose the Accounting tab.
- Click the Set up Now button next to QuickBooks Online.
- You will be redirected to QuickBooks Online sign-in page. Enter your credentials to proceed with the integration.
- Once you sign into QuickBooks, if you have multiple organizations, you need to select the organization you want to connect with Zoho Inventory.
- After selecting an organization, click Connect to complete the integration.
- You cannot connect multiple organizations to your Zoho Inventory organization and vice versa.
- Ensure that the base currency of both these organizations is the same.
Configure the integration
- Once you have connected with QuickBooks, you will be redirected to your Zoho Inventory account to configure the integration.
- Here, you need to configure the settings to import and export from QuickBooks Online.
Importing from QuickBooks Online
The following can be imported from QuickBooks Online:
- Accounts: By default, all your accounts in QuickBooks will be imported as accounts in Zoho Inventory. Once imported, you will no longer be able to use the existing accounts in Zoho Inventory.
- Customers: All your customer contact details in QuickBooks will be imported as customers in Zoho Inventory.
- Vendors: All your vendor contact details in QuickBooks will be imported as vendors in Zoho Inventory.
- Your existing contacts in Zoho Inventory will not be affected by the import.
- All your imports will be automatically reflected in your Zoho Inventory account.
Exporting to QuickBooks Online
The following can be exported from Zoho Inventory:
- Invoices: Both your unpaid and paid invoices in Zoho Inventory will be exported to QuickBooks under Sales.
- Bills: Both your unpaid and paid bills in Zoho Inventory will be exported to QuickBooks under Expenses.
- Choose an account from the list of Adjustment Accounts for the corresponding bill or invoice.
- The underlying items in each invoice or bill that is exported from Zoho Inventory will be created on the fly as Products and Services in QuickBooks.
- All your transactions will be exported to QuickBooks as and when they are created/updated/deleted in Zoho Inventory.
- To map the taxes, make sure that you have enabled taxes in both Zoho Inventory and QuickBooks Online account.
- Select an existing tax in Zoho Inventory or create a new one, and then select the corresponding QuickBooks tax to be mapped.
Insight: When mapping taxes, ensure that both taxes have the same tax rates.
- Once the initial setup and configuration is done, click Save to return to the details page.
- Any new addition to the list of contacts or accounts will be automatically reflected in your Zoho Inventory account by virtue of the auto-sync that occurs once a day.
- If you want the change to be reflected in Zoho Inventory immediately, you can click the Instant Sync button.
- You can change the configurations at any time by clicking Change Configuration.
Delete the integration
To delete the integration with QuickBooks Online:
- Log into your Zoho Inventory account.
- Navigate to Integrations > Accounting.
- Click the Show Details button across QuickBooks.
Insight: You can either choose to deactivate or delete the integration.
To deactivate the integration temporarily:
- Click the Deactivate link.
- Your Zoho Inventory account will no longer be in constant sync with your QuickBooks account.
- To activate the integration again, simply click the Activate button.
To delete the integration completely:
- Click the trash icon in the top right corner.
- A pop-up will appear on the screen. Click Confirm to remove the integration.
- However, all your accounts, customers, and vendors from QuickBooks will continue to remain active in Zoho Inventory.
Pro Tip: If you want to integrate another Zoho Inventory organization with QuickBooks, you will have to delete the current integration and set it up again with the new organization.