Batch Tracking is a system that allows you to group and monitor a set of stock that share similar properties. With Batch Tracking you can,
- Track the expiration of items.
- Trace defective items back to the batch that it belonged.
Let’s walk through a scenario to understand these benefits:
Scenario: Tom owns a medical store where most of the items that he deals with are bound to a limited shelf life. Business had been smooth until one day he received a complaint from a consumer who was delivered an item that was long expired. As taken aback as he was, he could not figure out from which of the boxes in his storeroom, the item was sold! To prevent such mishaps in the future, he immediately sets up the Batch Tracking feature. Now along with basic stock tracking, he is also in complete control of his disposable stock.
In Zoho Inventory, you will be able to record the items you receive as batches along with its manufactured date and expiry date. And later when you are looking to make a sale, you can safely pick items from those batches that are well within its usage period.
In this document, you will be learning about:
- Enabling Batch Tracking feature
- Creating batch tracked items
- Creating transactions with batch tracked items
- Batch Details Report
Enabling Batch Tracking feature in Zoho Inventory
You will be able to create batch tracked items only if you enable it. To do so,
- Navigate to Settings(Gear Icon) >> Preferences >> Items.
- Select Batch Tracking as your method of stock tracking under ‘How do you want to track your items?’.
- Click Save at the bottom to apply your settings.
- Zoho Inventory organizations that have subscribed to Standard Plan or above only will have access to this feature.
- To be able to access this feature in Zoho Books, you have to enable this feature as an add-on .