Creating Sales Orders
- Creating a New Sales Order
- Creating Sales Orders from Contacts
- Importing Sales Orders
- Generating Online Orders
- Creating a drop shipment
- Multi-warehouse operations related to Sales Orders
Creating a New Sales Order
To create a Sales Order:
- You can either click on the quick create (+) icon next to the Sales Order tab or the +New icon on top of the sales order list page.
Enter the details for the customer related fields
- Under the Customer name field, you can either select a customers from the drop-down or you can add a new customer on the fly.
- If you choose to add a new customer, a new window for creating a new customer appears.
- After filling up the required details, click on Save and Select to add the new customer to the sales order.
- In the Sales Order# tab a sales order number is generated by default. If you wish to manually enter a sales order number, click on the Settings icon next to the tab and a pop-up will appear where you can select between auto-generated estimate number or manual entry of sales order numbers.
- Enter a reference number, if you wish in the Reference# field.
- The Sales order date will by default be the current date. However, you can select a different date as well.
- Using the Expected Shipment Date field, you can set the date by which the product should be shipped to the customer.
- The Delivery Method field, will let you specify a delivery method for the items in the order in order to intimate both your product team as well as the customer.
- You can select a Price list at the sales order level or at the item level. This will change the rates according to the selected price list. Learn more about Creating Price Lists.
- You can add a new sales person or choose an already existing sales person from the drop-down. Learn more about sales persons.
Note: Price list and sales person options will be present only if they are enabled in the settings.
Enter the item details for the sales order.
- Click the space under Item Details to add a product or service from your inventory.
- To add more items to your sales order, click on Add another line option.
- Alternatively, you can also click the Add items in bulk option to add several items at once to your sales order.
Pro Tip: Instead of searching for the items from the list, you can select an item by scanning its barcode. When you scan the same barcode more than once, the quantity of the item gets incremented automatically.
Enter the Quantity, Rate and Tax if applicable from the drop down. Tax drop down shows only the taxes you created in the settings tab under taxes section. Learn more about Taxes.
Enter the Discount rate, Shipping Charges and Adjustments if applicable.
You can record Customer Notes of up to 5000 characters and Terms & Conditions of up to 10000 characters for the sales order. This will be carried forward while converting the sales order into an invoice.
- Click on Save as Draft to save the new sales order in draft state, Save and Send to send it to your customer and change its status to confirmed.
Note: If you’ve enabled multiple warehouse management for your organization, you will have additional steps and capabilities when creating a Sales Order. To know more, click here.
Creating a Sales Orders from Contacts
To create a sales order directly from contacts, follow this route map:
- Navigate to the Contacts tab and click on a specific contact who is a customer to whom you wish to create a sales order for.
- Above the Contact window, you will find a New Transaction button placed.
- Click on the New Transaction button and select Sales Order, a new window will appear for creating a new sales order for that specific contact.
- Now you can follow the procedure to successfully create a sales order for the contact.
- After creating the new sales order, you will be able to find the sales order in draft under the Sales Orders tab.
- You can also send the sales order to your customer by clicking on the Mail icon placed on top of the sales order window.
You can create Sales orders from contacts page only for those contacts who are your customers.
Importing Sales Orders
To import sales orders from other sources:
- Open the sales orders tab from the side bar.
- Click on the Menu icon on the right top corner.
- Select the option Import Sales Orders from the drop down.
Learn in detail the steps to import a file in Zoho Inventory.
Note: You can enable auto generation of Sales Order Number for the file you’re about to upload.
Generating Online Orders
When you integrate with an online marketplace or a shopping cart, for every sale made inside the marketplace or shopping cart, a sales order along with items & customer informations gets automatically generated inside Zoho Inventory. Such a sales order is known as an Online Order.
Important note: Only orders that are not fulfilled by amazon or other third parties get auto generated here as an online order.
For an online sales order, you can create an invoice, package the items and create a shipment order and have the shipment information & the item stock automatically updated to the marketplace.
To know more marketplace integrations, click here
If you’ve enabled multi-warehouse management for your organization, you’ll have additional capabilities with Sales Orders. To know more, click here.