Known Issues or Limitations
Table of Contents
- Reports Limitation
- Grouping / Sorting records in Report
- Searching a Report for records
- Limit on number of Dropdown, Radio and Checkbox fields in a Report
- Removing fields/columns from Report Definition
- Grid Report
- Limit on the number of Fields in a Form
- PDF Generation
- Page to PDF
- Displaying custom action in a summary
- Downloading application backup
- Creating Combined Views with Multi Select Lookup field
- Criteria Limitation
- Shared information not available in restored copy of the application
- Deluge Script Limitation
- Send Mail Task Limitation
- Email Notification
- Formula field recalculation
- Multi-column layout
- Limitations with Date-Time handling in Zoho Creator
- Limitation in searching for data in a subform
- Limitation in searching for data in a lookup field
- Limitation with customer portal
- Limitation in processing external entity in xml content
- User defined functions containing OpenURL task cannot be executed as a custom action.
- A function calling itself (also known as recursive function) cannot be called more than 75 times.
- Roles in Pivot Chart.
- Clickatell limitation.
- Hyphen(-) in Application Link Name must be replaced with underscore(_) when being used in Deluge scripts.
- Certain field types are not available for display in a lookup field.
- PDF download of an HTML page embedded with Report(s) may not contain any data.
- For displaying subform data in a report, you can use up to 20 fields (from the subform) as ‘display fields’.
- Displaying Multi-Select/Checkbox and SubForm fields in Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts is not supported. Even if it enabled in underlying report it will not be available in report builder for use.
For accounts created after the second quarter of 2016: Translation of names of buttons, days and months in a calendar report is not supported for the following languages: Armenian, Chinese, Filipino, Gujarati, Hebrew, Irish, Kannada, Kurdish, Latin, Lao, Maltese, Norwegian, Swahili, Telugu, Urdu, Yiddish. Instead, they will be displayed in English.
For accounts created after the second quarter of 2016:
- Grouping and sorting of records based on a Multi select / Checkbox field or a Multi select Lookup field or a SubForm field, is not applicable.
- If grouping/sorting using any of these fields is configured (as mentioned here), they will not be applied when the report is accessed.
- For accounts created after the second quarter of 2016, searching a report using a multi-select field (a multi select / checkbox field, or a multi-select lookup field, or a SubForm field) that is present in a related form (related via a multi-select lookup or a SubForm field), is not applicable.
- When the record count in a report is more than 10,000, the AND search for Multi Select / Checkbox fields (as mentioned in this section) will not be available when specifying the search criteria.
- For Reports filtered using the AND search, the Save Changes option (as mentioned here) will not be available.
- Filtered Reports containing more than one search value, will not have the Export as PDF option.
The number of look up, dropdown, radio and checkbox fields displayed in a report should not exceed 30. The data will not be displayed if you exceed this limit. Here is how the number of such fields is counted:
- Each Look Up, Dropdown, Radio and Checkbox field in the base form is counted as 1.
- Each normal related field in the related fom is counted as 1.
- Each complex related field (look up, dropdown, radio and checkbox) in the related form is counted as 2.
The Report definition allows you to remove maximum of 50 fields at a time.
Accessing a Grid Report is not supported when the corresponding Form contains Deluge script in the On Edit -> On Load block or the On User Input section of any field. The Grid Report will be displayed as a List Report instead.
Maximum number of fields in a form depends on the type of fields used and the maximum length of the field. Below are the limitations related to field types.
- Single Line / Email Field: A Form can have a maximum of 80 such fields with Max Characters set as 255.
- List Fields (Dropdown, Checkbox, Radio and Multi Select): If a Form contains more than 30 list fields (Dropdown, Checkbox, Radio or Multi Select), there will be a problem fetching the form. This will hinder when the form is accessed and lead to backup failure.
- Multi Line / Rich Text Field: The number of multi line fields that can be added in a form depends on the amount of data added per record. The maximum data size for a multi line field in a row is about 64kb and the maximum row length is about 8000 bytes. Here, the first 768 bytes of 64kb will be considered for calculating the row length (8000 bytes). Hence, if the length of all the multi line fields exceeds 768 bytes, that form can only have 11 multi line text fields.
In cases where your form exceeds these limits, we recommend you to split the form into smaller ones.
Currently Zoho Creator supports PDF rendering only for List Reports and Pages. The PDF format of a list report does not support grouping and summation of numeric columns displayed in the report.
- Exporting Page as PDF does not support <div> based embedding of Forms/Reports and authenticated content like images/css that requires current credentials; iframes can be embedded if they are public.
- Exporting Page as PDF is not supported when the Page contains Pivot Tables or Pivot Charts.
Zoho creator supports the custom action only in the List and Grid views.
Zoho Creator will not backup the files uploaded in the File upload field.
If you have a Multi select Lookup field in a Form, the corresponding report will not display related data for the selected field values.
Criteria containing Multi Select field type is not supported.
When you restore an application from the backed up copy, shared information will not be available. Only the structure of the application and its data will be available.
Due to a limitation in Deluge Script, you cannot access DropDown/MultiSelect/CheckBoxes/RadioButtons/Lookup like (input/[COL]).lookup.(DropDown/MultiSelect/CheckBoxes/RadioButtons/Lookup).
'\n' in the message content of 'plain text mail' will be rendered as newline character.
Supports 10MB of attachment data
In Live mode, the calculation of formula field will be triggered only if the dependent field values are changed by the user. The change in value of the dependent field by "onUserInput" script will not be considered for recalculating the formula field's value (in live mode add / edit form) but it will be considered while populating / updating the values in the report.
Multi-column layouts are not supported if check-box/radio-button fields are added dynamically through scripts.
Due to the way we handle Date-Time values entered in a form, a limitation exists when dealing with Date-Time values that fall during the changeover period from PST to PDT and vice versa.
- It is not possible to capture Date-Time values that fall between 2 am - 3 am on the start date of Daylight saving period in the Pacific Timezone. This behavior exists irrespective of Application and Account timezone. The table below shows the start and end dates of Daylight saving period in the Pacific Timezone for each year. For eg, it will not be possible to enter the Date-Time values "13-Mar-2011 2:30:00", "11-Mar-2012 2:33:00", "10-Mar-2013 2:40:00" etc., irrespective of the timezone the user is in, since these Date-Time values fall in the changeover period.
- Any Date-Time value whose equivalent Pacific Time falls between 1 am - 2 am PDT on the end date of the Daylight Saving period will advance by 1 hour. For eg, the Date-Time "04-Nov-2012 08:30:00 Etc/UTC" will advance to "04-Nov-2012 09:30:00 Etc/UTC", since the equivalent PDT value of "04-Nov-2012 08:30:00 Etc/UTC" is "04-Nov-2012 01:30:00 PDT"
- This behavior is universal across Zoho Creator, and occurs when a form is submitted, when an Insert Record Task is executed, when data is imported or updated through API. This also occurs for Date-Time values handled in script.
|Year||DST Start Date||DST End Date|
|2007||March 11||November 4|
|2008||March 9||November 2|
|2009||March 8||November 1|
|2010||March 14||November 7|
|2011||March 13||November 6|
|2012||March 11||November 4|
|2013||March 10||November 3|
|2014||March 9||November 2|
|2015||March 8||November 1|
|2016||March 13||November 6|
|2017||March 12||November 5|
|2018||March 11||November 4|
|2019||March 10||November 3|
|2020||March 8||November 1|
|2021||March 14||November 7|
|2022||March 13||November 6|
|2023||March 12||November 5|
|2024||March 10||November 3|
|2025||March 9||November 2|
- In a subform, you can search for data only in the first field of the subform in the view column. The display order can be changed to search using a different field.
- If the subform has a look up field with advanced display options or drop-down fields, search using that subform field is not supported.
The lookup field supports search using autocomplete. However, the value you enter in a lookup field is searched in each of its display fields. Subsequently, searching a lookup field with a composite value - a value that is made of the values from the display fields and the field separator, is not supported. For example, the following image shows searching a lookup field named Select an employee with "ken". Two values, "Julissa Kent" and "Kenny Joyce" appear. But if you search this field with "Julissa Kent", no record will appear as "Julissa Kent" is neither a first name or a last name; it is a composite value.
- Customer portals with custom domain name may not work in lower versions of IE (i.e) IE versions below 11.0
- Password reset will not work as intended on a customer portal which is mapped to a custom domain URL, without a SSL certificate installed. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org to request SSL certificate installation for the custom domain URL of your customer portal and the team will assist accordingly.
- In Xpath builder, external entity in xml content cannot be processed.
- The openURL task will not be executed, if a user defined function (with the openUrl task) is invoked from a custom action that is placed in the View header and type is set as execute action for each record.
A custom action placed in the view header can be invoked on all or specific records in a view. Hence, if a custom action that executes the openURL task is invoked on all or many number of records in a view, it will open that many browser windows. A user who invokes this custom action may sometimes not be aware of the actual reason for this behavior. Hence, openURL task is not supported when the custom action is placed in the view header.
- A function calling itself (also known as recursive function) cannot be called more than 75 times. If the limit of 75 is crossed, it throws an error "Call Stack limit exceeded".
- "Roles" is not supported in Pivot Chart/Table.
- Clickatell does not support "Sprint(iDEN)" network.
- If a report has more than 10,000 records and has a multi-select field, then the following options will not be available in 'Search by Criteria':
- Is Not
- Is Empty
- Is Not Empty
Hyphen(-) in Application Link Name must be replaced with underscore(_) when being used in Deluge scripts.
- Hyphen(-) in Application Link Name must be replaced with underscore(_) when being used in deluge scripts.
- Certain field types are not available for display in a lookup field. For example multi-line fields, drop downs, radio buttons or fields that are look-ups to another table.
- The solution is to create a hidden text field in the related table to hold the value of the field you want to display in the lookup.
- If you have an HTML page embedded with Report(s) and the PDF option enabled, you can download the PDF of the HTML page, but the PDF might not display any data.