Known Issues or Limitations
Table of Contents
- Limited number of Dropdowns/RadioButtons/Checkboxes in Reports
- Removing fields/columns from Report Definition
- Grid Report
- Limited maximum number of Fields in a Form
- PDF Generation
- Page to PDF
- Displaying custom action in a summary
- Reports Limitation
- Downloading application backup
- Creating Combined Views with Multi Select Lookup field
- Criteria Limitation
- Shared information not available in restored copy of the application
- Deluge Script Limitation
- Send Mail Task Limitation
- Email Notification
- Formula field recalculation
- Multi-column layout
- Limitations with Date-Time handling in Zoho Creator
- Limitation in searching for data in a subform
- Limitation with customer portal
- Limitation in processing external entity in xml content
- User defined functions containing OpenURL task cannot be executed as a custom action.
- A function calling itself (also known as recursive function) cannot be called more than 75 times.
- Roles in Pivot Chart.
- Clickatell limitation.
- Search Limitation in Report containing 10,000 or more records and a Multi-Select field type.
- Hyphen(-) in Application Link Name must be replaced with underscore(_) when being used in Deluge scripts.
- Certain field types are not available for display in a lookup field.
- PDF download of an HTML page embedded with Report(s) may not contain any data.
The number of Dropdowns/RadioButtons/Checkbox fields put together, in a single view is limited to 30.The data will not be displayed if you exceed this limit. Also, the count of complex fields (such as Look Up/Dropdowns/RadioButtons/Check box) should not exceed 30. Here is how the number of such fields will be counted:
Each Look Up/Dropdowns/RadioButtons/Check box in Base Form is One field.
Each normal related field in another Form is ONE Field.
Each complex related field (Look Up/Dropdowns/RadioButtons/Check box) in another form is Two fields.
The Report definition allows you to remove maximum of 50 fields at a time.
Accessing a Grid Report is not supported when the corresponding Form contains Deluge script in the On Edit -> On Load section, or On User Input section of any field. The Grid Report will be displayed as a List Report instead.
Maximum number of fields in a form depends on the type of fields used and the maximum length of the field. Below are the limitations related to field types.
Single Line / Email Field:
Form can have maximum of 80 text fields with max length of 255(SingleLine and Email).
List Fields (Dropdown/Checkbox/Radio/Multiselect):
If a form contains more than 60 list fields (Dropdown/Checkbox/Radio/Multiselect), there will be a problem fetching the form. This will affect the form access mode and lead to backup failure. Hence we recommend splitting the form into several forms with 60 such fields in it.
Multi Line/Rich Text Field:
Number of multi line fields which can be used in a single form will depend on the amount of data added per record. The maximum data size for a multi-line field in a row is about 64kb and the maximum row length is about 8000 bytes. Here, the first 768 bytes of 64kb will be considered for calculating the row length (8000 bytes). Hence, if all the multi line fields length exceeds 768 bytes, then the form can only have 11 multiline text fields.
In this case, we recommend you to split the form into smaller ones.
Currently Zoho Creator supports PDF rendering only for List Reports and Pages. The PDF format of a list report does not support grouping and summation of numeric columns displayed in the report.
Conversion from Pages to PDF does not support <div> based embedding of Forms/Reports and authenticated content like images/css that requires current credentials; iframes can be embedded if it is public.
Zoho creator supports the custom action only in the List and Grid views.
Zoho Creator does not support Multi-Select/Checkbox and SubForm fields in reports. Even if it enabled in underlying report it will not be available in Reports Builder for use.
Zoho Creator will not backup the files uploaded in the File upload field.
If you have a Multi select Lookup field in a Form, the corresponding report will not display related data for the selected field values.
Criteria containing Multi Select field type is not supported.
When you restore an application from the backed up copy, shared information will not be available. Only the structure of the application and its data will be available.
Due to a limitation in Deluge Script, you cannot access DropDown/MultiSelect/CheckBoxes/RadioButtons/Lookup like (input/[COL]).lookup.(DropDown/MultiSelect/CheckBoxes/RadioButtons/Lookup).
'\n' in the message content of 'plain text mail' will be rendered as newline character.
Supports 10MB of attachment data
In Live mode, the calculation of formula field will be triggered only if the dependent field values are changed by the user. The change in value of the dependent field by "onUserInput" script will not be considered for recalculating the formula field's value (in live mode add / edit form) but it will be considered while populating / updating the values in the report.
Multi-column layouts are not supported if check-box/radio-button fields are added dynamically through scripts.
Due to the way we handle Date-Time values entered in a form, a limitation exists when dealing with Date-Time values that fall during the changeover period from PST to PDT and vice versa.
- It is not possible to capture Date-Time values that fall between 2 am - 3 am on the start date of Daylight saving period in the Pacific Timezone. This behavior exists irrespective of Application and Account timezone. The table below shows the start and end dates of Daylight saving period in the Pacific Timezone for each year. For eg, it will not be possible to enter the Date-Time values "13-Mar-2011 2:30:00", "11-Mar-2012 2:33:00", "10-Mar-2013 2:40:00" etc., irrespective of the timezone the user is in, since these Date-Time values fall in the changeover period.
- Any Date-Time value whose equivalent Pacific Time falls between 1 am - 2 am PDT on the end date of the Daylight Saving period will advance by 1 hour. For eg, the Date-Time "04-Nov-2012 08:30:00 Etc/UTC" will advance to "04-Nov-2012 09:30:00 Etc/UTC", since the equivalent PDT value of "04-Nov-2012 08:30:00 Etc/UTC" is "04-Nov-2012 01:30:00 PDT"
- This behavior is universal across Zoho Creator, and occurs when a form is submitted, when an Insert Record Task is executed, when data is imported or updated through API. This also occurs for Date-Time values handled in script.
|Year||DST Start Date||DST End Date|
|2007||March 11||November 4|
|2008||March 9||November 2|
|2009||March 8||November 1|
|2010||March 14||November 7|
|2011||March 13||November 6|
|2012||March 11||November 4|
|2013||March 10||November 3|
|2014||March 9||November 2|
|2015||March 8||November 1|
|2016||March 13||November 6|
|2017||March 12||November 5|
|2018||March 11||November 4|
|2019||March 10||November 3|
|2020||March 8||November 1|
|2021||March 14||November 7|
|2022||March 13||November 6|
|2023||March 12||November 5|
|2024||March 10||November 3|
|2025||March 9||November 2|
- In a subform, you can search for data only in the first field of the subform in the view column. The display order can be changed to search using a different field.
- If the subform has a look up field with advanced display options or drop-down fields, search using that subform field is not supported.
- Customer portals with custom domain name may not work in lower versions of IE (i.e) IE versions below 11.0
- Password reset will not work as intended on a customer portal which is mapped to a custom domain URL, without a SSL certificate installed. Please write to email@example.com to request SSL certificate installation for the custom domain URL of your customer portal and the team will assist accordingly.
- In Xpath builder, external entity in xml content cannot be processed.
- The openURL task will not be executed, if a user defined function (with the openUrl task) is invoked from a custom action that is placed in the View header and type is set as execute action for each record.
A custom action placed in the view header can be invoked on all or specific records in a view. Hence, if a custom action that executes the openURL task is invoked on all or many number of records in a view, it will open that many browser windows. A user who invokes this custom action may sometimes not be aware of the actual reason for this behavior. Hence, openURL task is not supported when the custom action is placed in the view header.
- A function calling itself (also known as recursive function) cannot be called more than 75 times. If the limit of 75 is crossed, it throws an error "Call Stack limit exceeded".
- "Roles" is not supported in Pivot Chart/Table.
- Clickatell does not support "Sprint(iDEN)" network.
- If a report has more than 10,000 records and has a multi-select field, then the following options will not be available in 'Search by Criteria':
- Is Not
- Is Empty
- Is Not Empty
Hyphen(-) in Application Link Name must be replaced with underscore(_) when being used in Deluge scripts.
- Hyphen(-) in Application Link Name must be replaced with underscore(_) when being used in deluge scripts.
- Certain field types are not available for display in a lookup field. For example multi-line fields, drop downs, radio buttons or fields that are look-ups to another table.
- The solution is to create a hidden text field in the related table to hold the value of the field you want to display in the lookup.
- If you have an HTML page embedded with Report(s) and the PDF option enabled, you can download the PDF of the HTML page, but the PDF might not display any data.