Send Mail from Verified Email Addresses
Table of Contents
Zoho Creator lets you configure email notifications to be sent when new form data is submitted or when existing form data is modified or deleted or by invoking custom action from reports. The email notification can be configured from the GUI or using Deluge Scripting.
Zoho Creator Form Builder provides option to configure email notifications to be sent when new form data is submitted by the user. The email notifications can be configured to be sent with or without form data.
Steps to configure email notifications from the GUI
- Select the Form from your dashboard page.
- Click on the Settings icon on the top and select the option Notification as shown in the screen-shot below.
- The Send Email Notification dialog will be displayed, where in you specify the From address and To address of the mail recipient. To avoid spam email messages, if the From address is not a zoho.adminuserid or zoho.loginuserid, the To address can only be zoho.adminuserid and the sendmail task cannot have any CC or BCC address. To overcome this limitation, Zoho Creator allows you to add Verified Email Addresses, than can be used as the From or To email address.
- The Subject and Message fields are optional. You can also assign email ids and form field values dynamically to the From/To and Message fields. To do this, mouse over the respective field and select the icon displayed on the right-side of the "From", "To" and "Message" text box. This will display the zoho variables and the form fields.
Select the check-box Include User Submitted Data to send the form data in the email message.
- If Include User Submitted Data is selected, the record templates created for the form will be displayed as a list below this option. You can select the required template and choose to send it as an inline content or as PDF attactments. If you have not created any custom record templates, use the Default Template that displays the form data in a simple table format.
- Click Save to update the changes.
- To stop email notifications, uncheck the Enable Email Notification option.
Here is a short video showing you the steps to configure email notifications from GUI.
- The email notifications configured from the Form GUI will be displayed as a script in the Workflow tab. When you make any changes to the Notifications tab from the Form Settings page, it will directly display in the script.
- Enable Email Notification will be displayed only after email notification is configured.
By default, if you want to specify the From address as any email address other than zoho.loginuserid (the logged in user's email id) or zoho.adminuserid (the admin user's id of the app), the To address can only be zoho.adminuserid and the sendmail task cannot have any CC or BCC address. To overcome this limitation, Zoho Creator allows you to add verified email addresses than can be used as the From or To email id. To add a verified email address,
- Click on the Add Email Address link displayed in the drop-down list, when you specify the From or To address in the Email notification page.
- Enter the new email address and click on Add. Now, a six digit verification code will be sent to the given email address.
- Enter the six digit verification code sent to the email address, as shown in the screen-shot below and click on Verify.
- If verified correct, the new email address will be listed under Verified Email Addresses of the From / To drop-down address list. If not, the error message "Enter valid verificaton code" will be displayed.
- Plans that support adding a verified email address:
- Enterprise Express
- Professional Express
- Verified email addresses can also be used in Deluge send mail tasks.
The sendmail task in Deluge Script can be used to send emails from your Zoho Creator application. The sendmail task can be invoked on form actions or field actions or by invoking custom actions in reports. For example, you can write script to send mail when an existing record is updated in the database or when a field value is modified. Refer Send Mail task in Deluge Scripting, for more information.