Send Email Notifications
Table of Contents
Send email notifications to your Application users when a Form is submitted. Emails can be sent from/to:
- Email addresses of the logged-in user(user accessing the Form) and admin-user(Application owner).
- Email address mentioned in the email field(if present in the Form).
- Verified email addresses
Data submitted through the Form can also be sent along with the Email notification.
- To send emails when data is edited or deleted, refer to the Send Mail deluge task.
To set email notifications from the GUI, refer to the following steps:
- Access Form Settings and click on Notifications -> Email.
- The Send Email Notification page will be displayed. Specify the From address and To address of the email recipient from the respective drop-down.
- The Subject and Message fields are optional. Insert Form field values dynamically to the Message field by selecting the required variable under Insert Fields of Message editor.
- Select the check-box Include User Submitted Data to send the Form data in the email message. If Include User Submitted Data is selected, the record templates created for the Form will be displayed as a list below this option. You can select the required template and choose to send it as an inline content or as PDF attachments. If you have not created any custom record templates, use the Default Template that displays the Form data in a simple table format.
- Click Save to update the changes.
- To stop email notifications, uncheck the Enable Email Notification option.
Here is a short video showing you the steps to configure email notifications from GUI.
- The email notifications configured from the Form GUI will be displayed as a script in the Workflow tab. Changes made from the GUI will reflect in the script as well.
- Enable Email Notification will be displayed only after email notification is configured.
By default, if you want to specify the From address as any email address other than zoho.loginuserid (the logged in user's email address) or zoho.adminuserid (the admin user's email address of the Application), the To address can only be zoho.adminuserid and the sendmail task cannot have any CC or BCC address. To overcome this limitation, Zoho Creator allows you to add verified email addresses than can be used as the From or To email id. To add a verified email address,
- Click on the Add Email Address link displayed in the drop-down list, when you specify the From or To address in the Email notification page.
- Enter the new email address and click on Add. A six-digit verification code will be sent to the given email address.
- Enter the six digit verification code sent to the email address, as shown in the screen-shot below and click on Verify.
- Post verification, the new email address will be listed under Verified Email Addresses of the From/To drop-down address list. If not, the error message "Enter valid verificaton code" will be displayed.
- Plans that support adding a verified email address are Enterprise, Enterprise Express and Professional Express.
- Verified email addresses can also be used in Deluge send mail tasks.
The sendmail task in Deluge Script can also be used to send emails from your Zoho Creator Application. For example, you can write scripts to send a mail when an existing record is updated in the database or when a field value is modified/deleted. Refer Send Mail task in Deluge Scripting for more information.
- Notifications can also be configured from Automation section. Please note that rules containing multiple tasks will not be listed under Notifications section. It will be present under "Automation" section. For example, if a single rule contains both Email Notification and SMS Notification, it will be listed under Automation and not under Notifications.