Table of ContentsDown
A calendar report is displayed based on a date field or date-time field in your Form. You can create a calendar report by specifying the event start time, for time based events like appointments or by specifying the event "Start Date", for "all day" events like birthdays, anniversaries or by specifying the Start/End dates for events that extend beyond a single day. You can view the events by day, by week, and by month. You can reschedule the event Start/End dates by simple drag-n-drop of the horizontal bar and also easily scroll through to see other events that precede or follow the day, week, month you're in. This video gives you a quick overview on creating a calendar report in Zoho Creator.
Screen shot of a Calendar report that Displays Date-Based Events.
Screen shot of a Calendar report that Displays Events Based on Start/End Dates
To create a new calendar report,
Select the Create New option on the right and select the option Reports. Specify the following information in the New Report page.
- Specify the name of the report in the Report Name text area.
- Select the report type as Calendar.
- Select the Form based on which the calendar report will be created from the list of forms displayed in Report based on list box.
- Select the section under which this report will appear from the Place this report under list box.
- Select the Field whose value will be displayed in the calendar from the Display field list box.
- Select the event start date from the Start Date list-box. All the date/date-time fields in the form will be listed here.
- Select the event end date from the End Date list-box. All the date/date-time fields in the form will be listed here. Selecting the end date is optional .
- Click "Create" or "Create and Customize" button to create the report. The report will be displayed in the Reports as shown below. You can set criteria, create filters, change access permissions, change the display name of columns and control the display of columns using the options displayed on the left-side tree.
- Display Properties: You can configure the report Type and the date/time field from the Display Properties link.
- Column Properties: You can control the display of columns and also change the display name of the columns here.
- Set Filters: Filters are a set of named criteria that allows you to select only specific entries in a report. Learn more..
- Set Access Permissions: Users will be able to add, edit or delete records in a report only if access permission is provided by the app owner. Learn more..
- To view the events in your calendar, click on the button and select the calendar to be displayed. You can view your events by day, week or month.
The Day report displays events for a single day. To use this report, click the Day button in the top-right corner of your calendar. Use the single arrows in the top-center of the calendar to move forward or backward by a day. Click on Today to return to the current day. All-day events will be displayed at the top of the day.
The Week report displays events for the current week. To use this report, just click on the Week button in the top-right corner of your calendar. Use the single arrows in the top-center corner of the calendar to move forward or backward by a week. Click Today to return to the current day.
The Month report displays events for the current month. To use this report, just click on the Month button in the top-right corner of your calendar. Use the single arrows in the top-center of the calendar to move forward or backward by a month. Click Today to return to the current day. To extend the event end date, move mouse over the end of the event bar and drag the arrow to the desired date. To reschedule the start/end date, drag and drop the event bar to the desired date.
- To reschedule the event start/end date, simply drag-n-drop the horizontal bar to the required slot.
- To extend or reduce an event end date, place mouse over the end of the horizontal bar and drag the arrow to the required slot.
- Shared users will be able to update(using drag & drop) the event date/time only if they have edit permission granted in the calendar report.
To add records from a calendar report, click on the required date/time slots in the calender. The Add Record page will be displayed with the Date/time fields set to the selected date/time slots. Fill up the required field values and click on Submit to add the record.
To Edit/Delete a record click on the event. The existing record is displayed. Click on the Edit option to display the Edit Record dialog. To delete the record, click on the Delete option.
- Shared users can Add, Edit or Delete records in the report only if access permission is provided by the application owner.
- Displaying a calendar report from a list report, using the More -> View As -> Calendar option will display a calendar report based on the "first" date field that is arranged in the report edit mode.
Once created, you can easily mange the calendar report that is displayed on the screen by selecting the Settings icon from the Report header. You can
- Change the display format of the report
- Get the iCal feed url
- Export data in different formats and print data.
In addition to the above actions, the app owner can perform the following actions:
- Import data to the report
- Get the report permalink
- Embed the report in his website/blog.
- Share the report
All this can be done right from the calendar report that is displayed on the screen. To use the other features like setting criteria etc., you need to make the changes from the Report Settings tab. Shared users can create personalized reports by saving the changes made to their report as a new report. Read How
- "All-Day" events will not be supported if base field if of type "Date-Time".