Table of Contents
- Add, Edit and Delete Records
- View Record Summary
- Display specific columns in a list view but all columns in the summary
- Sort any column
- Group by any column
- Hide any column
- Save Changes and Create personalized reports
- Related links
Zoho Creator uses Reports to display the data collected via Forms. In the Reports section, we learned about the different report creation formats supported by Zoho Creator and how to create and configure new reports with criteria, filters, sorting, grouping, access permissions and other parameters. When you access the Application, the reports you have configured in the reports tab will be displayed with the records, based on the configurations made. For example, in the Sales Database Application we have configured the Sales report to display records from the Sales Form, in List View format and grouped by the column named Category. A screen-shot of the Sales report is given below.
Who can view records?
- Application Owner.
- Shared users with access permission to view the records.
The Add, Edit, Bulk Edit, Delete, Duplicate buttons will be displayed to the App owner. The (Bulk) Edit, Duplicate and Delete buttons will be displayed only when one or more records are selected in the report.
Shared users can Add, Edit and Delete records from a report only if Access Permission is provided by the Application owner. For example, if the Application owner has provided permission only to add new records in a report, his shared users will be able to see only the Add button in the report. The following screenshot highlights the edit, duplicate and delete buttons for the selected record. Bulk Edit can be made when more than 1 records are selected. The Add(+) record icon is always present by default
To view the summary of any particular record, simply click anywhere on that record space. It will display the summary of the record as shown in the screen-shot below. By default, the record summary will display all the columns you see in the report.
To display only selected columns,
- Create a Report from the Reports tab with all the required fields that you wish to see in the summary.
- Access the Report, click on the column header which you would like to hide and select the Hide Column option from the pop-up menu. You can also use the show/hide columns from the Show/Hide columns icon on the far left of the report header, to hide or show columns in a report. For example, let us Hide the Sale Date column in the Sales report as shown in the screen-shot given below.
- The column will no longer be displayed in the Report but will be displayed in the summary report ( the summary displayed when you click on any record). The app owner can also configure to Hide columns from the report tab. Refer the topic Reports -> Show/Hide Columns to configure from the reports tab.
- To add back the columns to the report, select Show/Hide columns icon as highlighted below. The columns that are hidden from the report, will be shown as deselected. You can add back the columns to your report, by selecting the required column. Click on Show / Hide Column -> Select the required checkbox -> Click Done option to save the changes.
The app owner/users can change the sort order of any column in the report in ascending or descending order by selecting the Sort option for the required column.
Group by any column in ascending/descending by selecting the Group option. The records will be listed based on the column grouped. The app owner can also configure grouping from the reports tab. Refer the topic Reports -> Set Grouping to configure from the reports tab.
Whenever changes are made to a Report, the Report Name gets appended with a star mark (*) followed by the Save Changes and Discard Changes options. You can save the changes to the Report by selecting the Save Changes option. To create personalized reports,
1. Save the changes by clicking the Save Changes button as highlighted below.
2. You can choose to save the changes in the same Report or you can create a new Report customized with your required changes. If saving as a New Report, specify the new Report name and then click on the Save option. The new Report will saved and listed.
In addition to the above actions, users can view the same data in different view formats, export data as HTML, PDF etc., print data, show/hide columns in the view and create new views by saving the configuration changes. The App owner can import data to existing views, get the view permalinks and embed the view in his website/blog. Refer More View Options.
Shared users can also perform varius actions linke viewing data in different formats, exporting data as Html, PDF etc., print data, show/hide columns in the Report and save as new Report. The following image highlights the Export data option.
In the screen-shot given below, we selected the option Show as -> List to display each record as a row in the table. Note that the Save Changes option is generated on top, as mentioned earlier, after each change made to the Report.
Zoho Creator supports iCal Feed for views (list, summary or grid) which has a Date-Time field in its list of selected columns. To subscribe to an iCal Feed, copy the iCal Feed URL generated by Zoho Creator and paste it into your favourite iCal reader. Refer the topic iCal Feed for more information.
The app owner can add record to the report by importing data from an excel file. For example, if you have Sales data stored in an excel file, you can directly transfer this data to your Sales database. Refer the topic Import and Export Data for more information.
The app owner/user can export data anytime in the format of Grid (excel format), PDF, HTML, RSS, JSON, CSV and TSV. Currently ZOHO Creator supports PDF rendering for List views and HTML views only. Refer the topic Import and Export Data for more information.
All Zoho Creator reports has in-built print support to print data. Refer the topic Print Data for more information.
If the app owner does not want to share his application with users, he can just get the View permalink and send this link to his users to view data or embed the link in his website/blog. Refer the topic Form and Report Permalinks for more information.
The app owner can embed the report in his website/blog, just by pasting few lines of code. Refer the topic Embed Forms and Reports for more information.
The app owner/user can Hide columns from being displayed in the report or Show the columns that was earlier configured as Hidden by selecting/deselecting the columns from the Show/Hide dialog. Only the selected columns will be displayed in the report. Use the Settings -> Save Changes option to save the changes in the report as a new report.