Table of Contents
- Add, Edit and Delete Records
- View Record Summary
- Display specific columns in a List Report but all columns in the Summary
- Sort any column
- Group by any column
- Hide any column
- Save Changes and Create personalized Reports
Zoho Creator uses Reports to display the data collected via Forms. In the Reports section, we learned about the different Report creation formats supported by Zoho Creator and how to create and configure new Reports with criteria, filters, sorting, grouping, access permissions and other parameters. When you access the application, the Report displays the records based on the configuration made while creating it.
Given below is the screenshot of the Student Details Report in the List Report format.
Who can view your records?
- You(Application Owner).
- Shared users with access permission to view the records.
You(Application owner) can Add, Edit, Bulk Edit, Delete, Duplicate data in the Report. The (Bulk) Edit, Duplicate and Delete buttons is displayed only while selecting one or more records in the Report.
Shared users can Add, Edit and Delete records in a Report only if the Application owner provides the Access Permission. For example, your users can see the Add(+) button in the Report if you(Application owner) have provided permission only to add new records. The following screenshot highlights the Edit, Duplicate and Delete buttons for the selected record. You can Bulk Edit the data by selecting more than one record in the Report. The Add(+) record icon is always present by default.
- The placement of the Add record(+) icon varies when you switch to a different theme in the application.
The Record Summary feature in Zoho Creator allows you to create a customized view of each record, by drag and drop of fields to their required position. You can insert images, add a description and make each record look like a page. For example, you can create an invoice document from a single invoice record as shown in the screenshot below. Other uses include the creation of estimates, brochures, certificates, newsletters, campaign emails, visiting cards and product pamphlets. Learn more.
- Record Summary is supported only in List and Calendar Report formats.
To view the summary of any particular record, simply click anywhere on the record. It displays the summary of the record as shown in the screenshot below. By default, the record summary will display all the columns you see in the report.
To display only selected columns,
- Create a Report with all the required fields that you wish to see in the summary.
- Access the Report, click on the column header which you would like to hide and select the Hide Column option from the pop-up menu. You can also use the show/hide columns from the Show / Hide Column icon  on the far left of the report header, to hide or show columns in a report. For example, let us hide the Date of Birth column in the Student Details Report as shown in the screen-shot given below.
- The hidden columns will no longer be displayed in the Report. While you access the summary( the summary displayed when you click on any record), it displays all the columns in the Report. Alternatively, you(Application owner) can also choose to Hide columns from the Report Settings section. Refer the Show / Hide Columns in a Report section for more information.
- To add back the columns to the Report, click on the Show / Hide Column[icon] as highlighted below. The columns that are hidden from the Report will be shown as deselected. You can add the columns to your Report, by selecting the required column. Click on Show / Hide Column -> Select the required fields -> Click Done option to save the changes.
The application owner/shared users can change the sort order of any column in the Report in ascending or descending order by selecting the Sort option for the required column.
The application owner/shared user can group data by any column in ascending/descending by selecting the Group option. The records are listed based on the grouped columns. The app owner can also configure grouping from the Report Settings tab. Refer the Grouping and Sorting section for more information.
Whenever you make changes to a Report, the Report Name gets appended with a star mark (*) followed by the Save Changes and Remove Changes options. You can save the changes to the Report by selecting the Save Changes option. To save the changes to your Report,
1. Click the Save Changes button.
2. You can choose to save the changes to the current Report, or you can create a new Report customized with your required changes. The Save Changes pop-up lists all the changes made in the Report. If you are saving the changes as a New Report, specify the new Report name and then click on the Save option. The new Report will be created with the saved changes.
In addition to the above actions, you can view and export the data in various Report formats, print data, show/hide columns in the Report and create new Report by saving the configuration changes. Also, you(Application owner) can import data to existing Report, get the view permalinks and embed the Report in your website/blog. Learn more.
Shared users can also perform various actions like viewing data in different formats, exporting data as HTML and PDF, print data, show/hide columns in the Report and save the changes as a new Report. The following image highlights the Export data options.
In the screenshot shown below, we selected the List Report option to display each record as a row in the table. Note that the Save Changes option appears near the Report name while you make any change to the Report.
Zoho Creator supports iCal Feed for Reports(List, Summary, and Grid) which has a Date-Time field in its list of selected columns. To subscribe to an iCal Feed, copy the iCal Feed URL generated by Zoho Creator and paste it into your favorite iCal reader. Refer the topic iCal Feed for more information.
You(application owner) can add the record to the Report by importing data from a spreadsheet. For example, if you have Sales data stored in a spreadsheet file, you can directly transfer this data to your Report. Refer the topic Import and Export Data for more information.
The application owner/user can export data anytime in the format of Grid(Spreadsheet format), PDF, HTML, RSS, JSON, CSV, and TSV. Currently, Zoho Creator supports PDF rendering for List Report and HTML views only. Refer the topic Import and Export Data for more information.
All Zoho Creator reports have inbuilt functionality to print data. Refer the topic Print Data for more information.
You can generate a permalink for your Report and share it with your users to view the data without logging into Zoho Creator. Refer the topic Form and Report Permalinks for more information.
You can embed the Report in your website/blog, just by pasting few lines of code. Refer the topic Embed Forms and Reports for more information.