Working with Contacts
Contacts are people with whom you communicate, either in pursuit of a business opportunity or for personal reasons. In Business-to-Consumer (B2C) scenarios, contact is the most important information for acquiring customers, whereas in Business-to-Business (B2B) it is a part of the organization details with which you are doing business.
The most important function of the contacts module in Zoho CRM is that they can be used for both customers' acquisitions as well as procurement of products from the vendors. Contacts can be related to an account as well as vendors according to your business process.
Permission Required: Access to the Contacts Tab that includes View, Create, Edit, Share and Delete permissions.
Contacts Home Page
Click the Contacts tab to view the Contacts Home page and perform the following operations:
- The records are displayed in List Views. Define your own Custom Views as per your requirements. Some system defined list views are already available, such as My Contacts, New This Week, New Last Week, Unread Contacts, etc.
- Mass delete the records by selecting the check boxes corresponding to the records and clicking on the Delete button.
- Mass email the contacts by selecting the check boxes corresponding to the records and clicking on the Send Mail button.
- Use the Contact Tools option to perform some common operations to manage contacts. For example: mass transfer, mass delete, export contacts, etc.
- Search records by alphabet , by information , or by criteria .
- Filter contacts based on sales priorities using the advanced filters.
- Print the contacts along with the necessary details.