Step up your customer-supporting game and add the power of live chat to full-fledged helpdesk software, to create the ultimate, unified customer Desk suite. By combining the on-demand supporting power of Zoho SalesIQ with Zoho Desk, a complete help desk solution for small and medium businesses, you can take your customer service and support to new heights.
Together Zoho Desk and Zoho SalesIQ deliver a complete view of all your support interactions logged in one, organized database. Working together they deliver the added ability to connect, chat, engage and support in real-time within the context of their existing support relationship. Your customer supporting operation is built upon the strong foundation Zoho Desk establishes and strengthened with Zoho SalesIQ's ability to leverage the power of your customer data into superb support in real-time.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started
- Linking Zoho SalesIQ to Zoho Desk as a Desk admin
- Pairing accounts without being the Zoho Desk admin
- How to generate a ZSC key?
- Finding existing generated a ZSC key for an administrator
- Changing system generated pairings or pairing accounts as a non-Desk admin
- Disabling Desk integration
- Re-enabling Desk integration
- Desk integration Configurations
- Department based configurations
- Merging Desk Request
- Department Intelligence
- Adding a new Department In Zoho SalesIQ and Integrating with Zoho Desk
- Desk request to be shown in Zoho SalesIQ
- Desk Information
- Using the integrated information
Before you can embrace the power of customer support completely-unified, and start utilizing the valuable data in your customer-support database to improve your on-demand chat support, you need to link your Zoho SalesIQ with your Zoho Desk account.
If you don’t yet have a Zoho SalesIQ account, you can learn how to create a new Zoho SalesIQ here.
If you already have a Zoho SalesIQ, but don’t have a Zoho Desk account, learn more about how Zoho Desk can better organize all your customer support interactions and discover how to setup a new Zoho Desk account.
To use Zoho SalesIQ integrated with Zoho Desk, you will need to be a customer of either the Enterprise or Professional plans of Zoho SalesIQ and have a Zoho Desk account. If you are currently using the free or Basic plans of Zoho SalesIQ, you can easily upgrade an existing Zoho SalesIQ account to implement Zoho Desk integration.
If have not signed up for a Zoho SalesIQ plan, you can take a free, 30-day-test-drive of any of the Enterprise or Professional paid plans and start using the integration with Zoho Desk today.
That said, if you have active accounts for both Zoho Desk and Zoho SalesIQ (in either the Professional or Enterprise Edition), you can continue with the instructions below to link up your Zoho SalesIQ to your Support account.
Connecting your Zoho SalesIQ account to a Zoho Desk account
Before we can start exploring how the Zoho Desk integration with your Zoho SalesIQ can improve your entire customer-support operation, we need to set up your Zoho SalesIQ to work together with your customer Desk database inside Zoho Desk.
To make things as simple as possible for you, we recommend having a current administrator for the Zoho Desk account you are linking to your Zoho SalesIQ turn on the integration inside Zoho SalesIQ.
To accomplish this your Zoho Desk administrator must also have an account and be an administrator inside your Zoho SalesIQ account. If you simply want to add a Zoho Desk administrator to your Zoho SalesIQ account you follow these steps for adding an existing Zoho user to your Zoho SalesIQ.
With access to your Zoho SalesIQ, a Zoho Desk administrator can follow the steps below to implement the integration.
How to link a Zoho Desk account to a Zoho SalesIQ account, as the administrator of the Zoho Desk account
- Login to Zoho SalesIQ.
- Click Settings. In the Integration section, click "Zoho Desk."
- Then, click the “Enable Desk Integration” button. This will create an automatically generated ZSC key for your Zoho Desk account and use this unique key to link your Zoho SalesIQ to your Zoho Desk account. This will automatically link up the Zoho SalesIQ account to the Zoho Desk account for which you are the Desk administrator. You will now see the Zoho Desk administrator as “Me”, Zoho Desk ZSC Key and Portal Name will be displayed below.
With the successful pairing of your Zoho Desk account to your Zoho SalesIQ you can start configuring the other aspects of your integration.
Don't fret if you are not the administrator of the Zoho Desk account you are syncing with your Zoho SalesIQ. We made it easy to link up accounts, all you need is the Zoho Desk account admin's email address, and the system generated ZSC for that specific Zoho Desk account.
First, get the administrator of the Zoho Desk account you are pairing with, to generate or provide you the already generated ZSC key, along with their email address.
To help your Zoho Desk administrator generate a ZSC key, share the instructions below.
- In the desired Zoho Desk account, click Setup above the navigation bar at the top-right of the screen.
- In the Developer Space section, click API.
- In the ZOHO Service Communication (ZSC) Key section, you will see the ZSC information, including the administrator’s e-mail address and the unique ZSC key. You will need to provide both pieces of information to have yourself, or someone else, link up this Desk account to a Zoho SalesIQ account.
With the correct information provided by your Zoho Desk account admin, you can proceed ahead linking your Zoho SalesIQ with Zoho Desk. If you follow this process, you will not need to add your Zoho Desk admin as a user inside your Zoho SalesIQ.
Because Zoho SalesIQ will auto-generate a pairing once a Zoho SalesIQ admin clicks the "Enable Desk Integration" button, you could possible receive an incorrect, unintended pairing (if by chance you are an admin of another Zoho Desk account). If you are not an admin for any Zoho Desk accounts, the system automatic pairing process will display an error. Regardless, if you are not the admin of the Zoho Desk account you are trying to pair your Zoho SalesIQ too, follow the instructions below to edit your integration configurations.
If you happen to be neither a Zoho Desk administrator or even have access through your account to any Zoho Desk account, and you did happen to click the “Enable Desk Integration” button in Zoho SalesIQ you will see a message informing you that:
“Zoho SalesIQ could not recognize your e-mail address as Zoho Desk administrator. Please contact your Zoho Desk administrator to get the details to complete the integration setup. Don't have a Zoho Desk account, sign-up now.”
Also displayed will be the three boxes below where you can enter the administrator of the desired Desk account you wish to link to your Zoho SalesIQ, box to enter the ZSC key for the account and Portal Name.
If you have the information provided to you from your Desk admin
Enter the correct information into each of the boxes, Desk admin’s email, Zoho Desk portal name and the provided ZSC key.
Click Enable to link your Zoho SalesIQ to the Desk account you entered the information for.
If you are not the administrator of the Desk account you wanted to link up, but you happen to be an admin of another Desk account, and you did click the “Enable Desk Integration” button, the system still created an auto-generated ZSC key. This reflects another Zoho Desk account you have associated with your account that you are an administrator of. Please take time to check the system-generated configurations and make changes to ensure you have paired your Zoho SalesIQ system with the correct Zoho Desk.
To change the Zoho Desk account your Zoho SalesIQ is linked to (as a non-Desk admin)
- Click Settings.
- In the Integration section, under the Zoho Desk administrator sub-section, click Change.
- In the Desk Administrator box that pops-out, edit the Zoho Desk Admin Email Address field to add the e-mail address of the admin of the Zoho Desk account you wish to associate. Also add the ZSC key for the account as provided to you by that Desk admin and Zoho Desk portal name.
- Click Save to make the changes.
To change the Zoho Desk account your Zoho SalesIQ is linked to (as the admin of the desired Desk account)
- Click Settings.
- In the Integration section, under the Zoho Desk administrator sub-section, click Change.
- In the Desk Administrator box that pops-out, edit the Zoho Desk Admin Email Address field to add your e-mail address.
- Paste in the ZSC key that you just copied from the Desk account. Also, add the correct Zoho Desk portal name.
- Click Save to make the changes.
If necessary or desired, you can disable your Zoho SalesIQ’s integration with a Zoho Desk account at any time.
To disable integration with Zoho Desk:
- In Zoho SalesIQ, click Settings.
- In the Integration section, Zoho Desk tab, click the Disable button on the top right.
- In Zoho SalesIQ, click Settings.
- In the Integration section, Zoho Desk tab, click the Enable button on the top right.
Now your Zoho SalesIQ is hooked up to your Zoho Desk account, it is time to configure the integration to best fit your team’s specific needs. Read below to explore the options you have for configuring the integration.
The first configuration you can make is deciding which chats from Zoho SalesIQ you want to be automatically created as requests inside Zoho Desk. You can choose either All Visitors, Attended (visitors), Missed (visitors), or None. Whichever you choose, the system will create requests inside Zoho Desk for all chats that fit your defined configuration.
To configure visitors chats as automated requests inside Zoho Desk
- In Zoho SalesIQ, click Settings.
- In the Integration section, inside the Zoho Desk configuration sub-section, select the type of chat which you would like to automate. All Visitors, Attended, Missed, None.
All Visitors– Converts chats with all the visitors into Desk request.
Attended– Converts only those chats attended inside Zoho SalesIQ to Desk requests.
Missed– Converts only missed chats to requests.
None– Automatically converts no chats to Desk requests. Instead, your agents can manually convert chats to Zoho Desk requests based on their personal judgement.
Choose the status of Zoho Desk requests created from an attended chat in Zoho SalesIQ to either Open or Closed. For those requests created for chats missed in Zoho SalesIQ, the system will create a Zoho Desk request with an Open status.
If you have a group of Articles published in Zoho Desk knowledge base and you wanted to show/display them in your chat window, all you need to do is to use real-time article sync from Desk to SalesIQ. You can sync all of the published articles available in Zoho Desk inside Zoho SalesIQ. When you sync articles from Zoho Desk, you should map articles to all of the websites inside SalesIQ separately. You can map one website to multiple categories or vice versa.
To sync articles from Zoho Desk to Zoho SalesIQ:
- Navigate to Settings > Integrations.
- In the Integration section, inside the Zoho Desk configurations sub-section, enable the Sync Zoho Desk and SalesIQ articles toggle button.
- A list of all the websites inside Zoho SalesIQ will be listed. Choose the article categories inside Zoho Desk that you want to map to each website.
- Choose the time frame after which the articles have to be auto-synced. This can either be: Daily, Weekly or Monthly.
If the articles sync frequency is set to:
- Daily - Sync will take place in the early morning hours of every day
- Weekly - Sync will take on the same day of the week on which you had synced the articles first. (For example, if you had synced the articles on Monday, auto-sync happens on the Monday of every week)
- Monthly - Sync will take on the same day of the month on which you had synced the articles first. (For example, if you had synced the articles on the 1st of January, auto-sync happens on the 1st of every month).
- Then, click Sync now and all the articles will be synced right away.
- You can view all the synced articles inside the Templates > Articles.
- The Articles that are synced from Zoho Desk will always be saved as drafts and have to be published from the Articles section.
- The articles will have a distinct tag which will reflect that they had been synced from Zoho Desk.
- You can preview the articles inside Zoho SalesIQ but editing cannot be done.
- These articles can be synced only by Administrators.
- If you are not able to view the articles, it might be because they might not have been properly synced, they've been saved as drafts or the integration was disabled.
- When sync is turned off, article syncing stops but the existing articles remain unchanged.
- The articles will be synced at early hours in the morning once the frequencies are set (Daily, Weekly or Monthly). In case you edit the articles inside Zoho Desk, you need to click Sync Now for the changes to immediately reflect inside SalesIQ. Otherwise the changes will be reflected only during the sync cycle that you have set.
- The display permission for Desk articles must be set to "All users" for all visitors to be able to view the synced articles.
You can also configure your departments in both Zoho Desk and Zoho SalesIQ to ensure the right Desk agents are connecting and chatting with the right customers--and ensuring requests from Zoho SalesIQ are being logged to the right department inside Zoho Desk.
Under the Department based configurations heading inside the Zoho Desk integration settings page, you will see your existing Zoho SalesIQ departments. Each department will be listed on the left edge, with a drop-down menu on the right where you can configure which Zoho Desk department you wish to pair this Zoho SalesIQ department with. You can also configure a department to have no integration, be read-only, or give your agents the ability to choose the intended Zoho Desk department on demand.
As we mentioned, if you don't pair a Zoho SalesIQ department with a specific Zoho Desk department you can choose one of three general settings: No Integration, Read only and Choose on demand.
These predefined settings, give you added flexibility for deciding where to create or send Zoho SalesIQ chats to inside Zoho Desk. These predefined settings can be chosen for all the departments in your Zoho SalesIQ.
If you choose the No Integration setting for a particular Zoho SalesIQ department, you cannot create or view any Desk requests while conducting chats in that department, and no requests will be automatically created from chats in that Zoho SalesIQ Department. These departments become effectively un-integrated with your Zoho Desk account. If you have a Zoho SalesIQ department that doesn't handle customer Desk issues, this setting works great as you won't pollute your Zoho Desk database with non-Desk related chats.
If you configure a department to the "Read Only" setting, your agents can view the existing Desk requests from that customer's account, but they cannot create new Desk tickets, or edit the status of existing tickets.
By selecting the "Choose on Demand" setting for a department, your agents can view existing tickets and convert chats from this department in Zoho SalesIQ to a request in Zoho Desk for whichever department it needs to be in.
When chatting with a customer in a Zoho SalesIQ department configured this way, the agent will see a button to the right of the chat window in the visitor information sidebar. By clicking this button, Convert Chat as request," the agent will be able to choose the priority, status, classification and department of the request he is creating inside Zoho Desk. You can learn more about the configurations an agent can choose on demand below.
Classification– Desk agents can classify the chats as a Question, Problems, Features and others depending on how your classifications are configured inside the Zoho Desk account your Zoho SalesIQ is linked to.
Department– Lastly, the agent can direct the request to specific department inside Zoho Desk, to ensure the request he is creating from Zoho SalesIQ ends up where it needs to be inside your help desk.
When a customer starts a chat with you and it becomes clear they are asking for the same thing as they have in an existing request, you have the ability to merge the new request with the existing.
While chatting, you can click on any of the customer's existing requests on the right-hand sidebar. A click on the existing request will display the information about the request, along with a chat transcript if it was from a past chat. Below this you will see a button, "Associate Chat" that you can click to associate your current chat with that existing request, effectively merging the two requests.
You can select associate now and the existing request will be merged with a new request.
Upon integration, the system will check to see if your Zoho Desk account and Zoho SalesIQ have matching department names. If there are matches, your Zoho SalesIQ will automatically route those departments together as your default department based configurations. Regardless of how many matches you have, be it one department or 20, your Zoho SalesIQ will automatically route those departments together by default.
You can add departments to Zoho SalesIQ at any time and Zoho SalesIQ will automatically map the department to a matching Zoho Desk department. If you create a new Zoho SalesIQ department and their is no matching department in your Zoho Desk account, the system will by default configure this Zoho SalesIQ department to "On Demand."
When your Zoho SalesIQ automatically integrates a new department with a mathcing department in Zoho Desk, you will see this message:
Auto association triggered! Zoho SalesIQ finds a match in the integrated Zoho Desk. Hence it associates automatically. To de-link click here
Click “De- Link” to undo the auto-associated match, and configure the Zoho SalesIQ department to "Choose on demand".
You can filter the “recent Desk requests” and the “search results” from Zoho Desk, or you can fetch from all the Zoho Desk departments. You will get two options here.
All Departments – This will show the recent requests, search results from all departments of Zoho Desk in your agent Operator console.
Mapped Departments – This will show the recent requests and search results only from the mapped Zoho Desk department.
Note : For Read-Only and Choose on Demand departments. Recent request and search will show the request form all the departments.
With your Zoho SalesIQ integrated with Zoho Desk, your agents will be able to view a customer or visitor's corresponding information from customer Desk database in the visitor information sidebar in your chat window. The information your agents can view while chatting from Zoho Desk includes:
- Account name
- SLA Name
- Contract Name
- Contact Owner
When you know how to use the instantly available information from Zoho Desk, you get the most value from your integrating live chat support with your existing customer support database.
When an agent receives a chat from a visitor the recent requests inside Zoho Desk from that visitor will be displayed below the visitor info on the right sidebar. By clicking a request an agent can view more information about the request, including a complete chat transcript if there is one.
If your Zoho SalesIQ agent also has access to the Zoho Desk account, a simple click on the "Read More" icon in the recent request, and they will automatically get a complete view of that specific request inside Zoho Desk. With instant access to a past, or related requests, your agents can quickly get a better view of how they can help the customer they are currently chatting with.
If you are chatting with a visitor, and their email address wasn't provided automatically from the chat embed, you will be unable to automatically create a chat request inside Zoho Desk.
However, chats can still be converted to requests by manually adding the visitors email address from the sidebar in Zoho SalesIQ, after receiving the correct information from the visitor in the chat.
- In the sidebar of the chat window, find the edit icon (the yellow pencil) beside the visitor's name, and Click it to edit the visitor's information.
- After clicking the edit icon, you will find fields for Visitor Name, Email Address and Contact Number.
- After you have inputted the necessary fields, click "Save" to sync those details with the visitor.
- Then click the "Convert Chat as Request" button to now convert the chat to a request in Zoho Desk.
While chatting with, your agents can also search for tickets from Zoho Desk by visitor name, ticket number, a visitors email address, or even by a requests subject.
To search for requests, click on the magnifying glass on the right side of "Request Related to this Chat." This will take you to the search panel where you can enter the term you wish to look up.
Also while chatting, your agents can open or close related Zoho Desk requests from Zoho SalesIQ. Lets say you are chatting with a customer and learn from chatting that his password has not actually been reset. So instead of creating another request, you can re-open the associated request you see in the sidebar and ensure the task gets taken care of without the mess of redundant requests.