Zoho Vault Mobile Access for iOS
Zoho Vault provides a native iOS app that allows users to access their secrets from anywhere—at work, at home, or on the move.
This app is just as secure as the web version of the product because it uses the same AES encryption to store information. All communication between the mobile app and Zoho Vault web servers is secured with the HTTPS protocol over SSL, and the app provides two-factor authentication for additional security. The first level of authentication will be handled by the native authentication or AD/LDAP and the second level of authentication can be handled by any of the two-factor authentication provisions supported.
After providing the authentication, users will be prompted to enter their passphrase every time they access the mobile app. This passphrase is not stored anywhere and will be used as the local encryption key to ensure highly secure mobile access.
Admins can restrict specific users from accessing the mobile app from Admin> Fine-Grained Controls>Restrict access to secrets through mobile apps.
Get Started with the Zoho Vault Mobile App for iOS
|Supported Devices||iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple Watch|
|Compatibility||iOS 8.0 or later|
- Find Zoho Vault in the App Store.
- On the app page, tap Free and then tap Install.
- Enter your Apple ID and password. The app will start installing.
- Enter the username & password of your Zoho account. The mobile app also supports AD/LDAP authentication, which requires your domain name.
- Configure your passphrase the first time you log in to Zoho Vault with the mobile app. For security purposes, you'll enter it every time you log in with the mobile interface.
Once you complete the app installation on your iOS device and have signed into your account, you can view this main screen (All Secrets) and the quick access bar.
To view the details of a secret:
- Swipe any secret from right to left to quickly view the username and password associated with that secret.
- Tap once on any secret to view its details:
- File attachment
- Click the star icon next to any secret to mark it as a favorite.
Use filters to retrieve specific passwords, such as your favorites, passwords you own, or passwords that have been shared with you.
To select a filter:
- Tap the navigation bar.
- Choose a filter.
View Chambers and Secret Types
Access chambers stored in your Vault and look up passwords based on predefined or custom secret types.
To view chambers and secret types:
- To view Chambers, click the Chamber icon at the bottom of the app. You can then access the list of secrets stored inside each chamber by tapping on it.
- To view Secret Type, click the Secret Type icon at the bottom of the app. You can tap on secret types like Bank Account, Health Care, etc to view the list of secrets under each category.
To add a new secret:
- Click the '+' in the upper-right corner of the app's homepage.
- Complete the required details for the new secret.
- Click the tick arrow on the top right-hand corner to save the secret.
To edit an existing secret:
- Select the secret you'd like to edit. You'll see the secret's detail page.
- Tap Edit in the upper-right corner of the page and update the details as needed.
- Click the tick arrow on the top right-hand corner to save the changes.
To delete a secret:
- Tap on the specific secret that you'd like to delete.
- Tap Delete in the top-right corner.
To view a file attached to a secret, click on the file icon next to the attachment.
Approve or Deny Access Requests
You can approve or deny access to secrets that you own or have been shared with you with you.
- Click the Access Requests tab. This will show secrets that are waiting for your approval and your pending access requests.
- Tap on Requests for Approval to view the list of secrets waiting for your approval. You can click on any secret and hit Approve (or) Deny button to enable/disable access for that secret.
- Tap on My Requests to view the list of password access requests raised by you.
Access Secrets Offline
Download secrets to your mobile device before using the Zoho Vault mobile app. Once you're offline, you'll only be able to access the secrets that have been downloaded. You can't download secrets individually. It's a good idea to create a separate chamber that contains your most important passwords so that you can easily download all of them at once before you work offline.
To download secrets:
- Click the navigation bar on the top left-hand side of the app.
- Click the download icon next to Favorites, Secrets shared by me, Secrets shared to me, All shared secrets to download them in bulk.
- You can also download chambers and secret types in bulk by hitting the download icon.
Copy & Paste Secret Details:
- Press and hold the text you'd like to copy.
- Choose Copy.
- Navigate to the field where you'd like to paste the copied text.
- Press and hold where you'd like to paste the text.
- Choose Paste.
Log in to Sites Directly
This feature is available only for secrets that you have configured with Mobile Vault's auto-login function.
To log in to a site directly:
- Select a secret that has been configured with Zoho Vault's auto-login function. You'll see the secret's URL. If you don't see a corresponding URL, the secret has not been configured to log in to the site automatically.
- Click on the secret's URL. This will open the associated login page and either auto-fill or auto-submit the credentials, depending on the site's security settings.
Tap the quick navigation bar -> then again on profile icon -> to view the Settings tab.
|Offline mode||The app also comes equipped with a secure offline mode to access passwords, in case you do not have internet connectivity. You can turn on this option if you wish to use the app without the internet connection.|
|Clear Clipboard||Choose how long the copied items from the app should be held in the clipboard after you close this app. (15 seconds to 2 minutes). We recommend choosing Clear Clipboard Immediately after the app is closed.|
|Use Touch ID||Authenticate the mobile application with your fingerprint.|
|Apple Watch||Access passwords from your Apple Watch.|
|Tour||View the app's version and explore key features. You can also configure themes, rate the app, and send us your user experience feedback as well.|
Uninstall the Zoho Vault Mobile App
To remove the Zoho Vault mobile app from your mobile device:
- Press and hold the Zoho Vault icon on the device home screen until the icon starts to wiggle.
- Tap Delete.
- Tap the home screen again. Once the application is uninstalled, all of the Zoho Vault data on the device will also be removed.
Contact Technical Support
- Toll free: +1-877-834-4428
- Email: email@example.com