Create inboxes under your teams, channel your communications to them, and manage all your internal and external communications from Zoho TeamInbox. Add people to your inboxes and assign them with definite roles.
Creating an inbox
- Login to Zoho TeamInbox and click the Plus icon in the top-right corner of the left pane.
- Select Create inbox.
- Enter a name for your inbox.
- Select the team under which you want to create the inbox.
- Invite people to your inbox. Enter the email address of the users you want to invite and click Invite. These users will be sent an invitation email and will be added to the inbox and the team once they've accepted the invite.
- If you want to add members who are already in the team, you can just select them from the list of users.
- As you select the users you can set their role in the inbox from the drop-down menu next to each user. The role you set here will be applicable only for this inbox.
- Select the inbox type.
- Click Next.
Creating an email inbox
You can send email copies to Zoho TeamInbox by the following two methods:
- By enabling email forwarding
- Enter the source email address. You can also choose to use custom SMTP server (recommended). You should then enter the outgoing server details.
- A verification code will be sent to the source email address. Copy the code and paste it in the field provided to verify your source address. You should do this for your address to be added as a valid sender address in TeamInbox.
- You will be provided with an address to forward your emails. Copy this address and use it in your service provider to enable email forwarding. Here are the instructions for the different service providers.
- By using POP account
- Enter the source email address.
- Enter the incoming server details.
- You can also choose to use custom SMTP server. You should then enter the outgoing server credentials.
- Click Create.
After you've created the inbox, it will be listed in the left pane under its team. Click the inbox to view all the messages received in it.