Zoho Sign Templates in Zoho CRM
We often use one common format for a particular type of document. For example, in every company, there will be one NDA document to be signed by all new employees and vendors. For scenarios like this, you can use the templates feature in Zoho Sign. With this feature, you can upload the NDA document once, add needed fields, create an NDA template once, and save a lot of time spent on drafting and sending signature requests for the same type of document again.
The integration doesn't stop there. You can even merge data from Zoho CRM to your Zoho Sign documents. This will help you streamline the signing workflow significantly. Here's an example of how you can create an NDA template in Zoho Sign and send it to the recipients for signatures from Zoho CRM.
- Professional Edition subscription and admin role in Zoho Sign
- You need to have the Zoho Sign extension enabled to use a template from Zoho CRM
Steps to create a template in Zoho Sign:
- Log in to Zoho sign.
- Click the Templates option from the left panel.
- Click the Create template button on the top-right corner.
- Upload the NDA from your desktop or import it from your cloud storage service.
- Name the template as 'NDA for Employees', set the time before which the document should be signed by the recipients, and add the document type and description.
- Add recipients, roles - employee (signer) and legal (owner), set the signing order, and fill out other pieces of information such as the private message, authentication code, and automatic reminders.
- Click Continue.
- Choose the recipient from the Recipients panel on the right, and add form fields for each recipient.
- The Prefill by you field will allow you (the owner) to pre-fill text to the uploaded document every time before sending the template. For example: The name and the address of an employee need to be pre-filled by the owner every time a template is sent. Hence, we add them as pre-fill fields.
- Click Save.
Steps to use the Zoho Sign template in Zoho CRM:
- Log in to Zoho CRM.
- Go to any CRM module, choose the record that you wish to send the template to, and click the Send with Zoho Sign button.
- Click Send for Zoho Sign.
- If a new tab doesn't open, check if the pop-ups are blocked and click the Always allow pop-ups from https://crm.zoho.com.
- In the new window that opens, click Use Template, then choose Zoho Sign Template and choose a template from the list.
- Upon choosing a template, the name, email address, role, and pre-fill fields will be auto-populated from the template.
- Fill out all the recipient details.
- The pre-fill fields can be filled using the CRM data of the chosen record. For example: If you want to pre-fill the name and address of the contact, you can do so by clicking the drop-down and choosing the respective CRM fields that you wish to merge.
- Click Next.
- Make any changes to the form fields in the viewer, then click Send.