The text that can customize or change is termed as "Dynamic Text". The message will be conveyed dynamic from one visitor to the other as mentioned in the defined rule. The dynamic text will be auto-populated when the "%" symbol is typed along with the message.
- Canned Message
- Response Message
- Send Automated Chat Invite
- Navigate to Settings-> Templates -> Canned responses, click on the Add option to create a new canned message.
- Then type the message you would like to store in the Compose message section.
- To include the dynamic text in between the message then type %, the auto complete option will list all the options that are available. Choose the appropriate option.
- Choose a department and hit Save.
To store a greeting message with the time period of the visitor. Click Add on the canned responsemsection, enter the message along with the %smart.timenow%! now dynamic text, and click on the Save button.
- Navigate to Settings > Websites > Website Name > Live chat Widget.
- In the Chat window > Response Message section, click Edit on the message you wish to include the dynamic text.
- Typing the % in the message will list all the available options in the dynamic text.
- Choose an option, complete the text and click on the Update button to save changes.
- Navigate to Settings -> Automation -> Intelligent Triggers > Add, set a name for your rule and then choose a website from the drop-down.
- Choose when would you like to trigger the rule from the drop-down
- Then, set a rule with the criteria and condition.
- Now choose the Send chat invite option in the actions drop down, then in the from message enter the name or the company name from which you would like to send the chat invite.
- Then in the message section, enter the appropriate message you would like to send along with the invite. Here by typing the % will list the dynamic text options available, choose and option and complete the message.
- Click Save.
In this example, I've set %visitor.name|there% . So, if the visitor name is identified then it will be displayed, if not then "there" will be displayed in the greeting message.