Synchronizing the Google Apps Calendar
Synchronizing calendar entries of Google Calendar and that of the Zoho Recruit Calendar is now made easy with the Google Calendar Synchronization feature. You can update the calendar entries in either Google Calendar or Zoho Recruit and have them updated in both. Please note that if you delete the sync configurations and again synchronize the calendar events, then duplicate records will be created.
Profile Permission Required: Google Apps users with Sync with Google Calendar permission in Zoho Recruit.
- You should also have the profile permissions for Sync with Google Calendar and the Activities tab, i.e. View, Create, Edit and Delete permissions.
To configure synchronization settings
- In Google Apps, click on (the Apps icon).
- Click More > Zoho Recruit.
You will be redirected to Zoho Recruit
- In the Calendar Synchronization page, do the following:
- Select the Sync Calendar from the drop-down list.
- Choose any one of the Sync Options:
- 2 Way Sync
- 1-Way: Zoho Recruit Calendar to Google Calendar
- 1-Way: Google Calendar to Zoho Recruit Calendar
- Click Save.
- For both 1-way or 2-way synchronization for the first time, 5000 calendar entries for the past 3 months, from Google Calendar are synchronized with Zoho Recruit. For the consecutive syncs, maximum 500 entries will be synchronized.
- When you add an event in Zoho Recruit, it will be synchronized instantly but events from Google Calendar will be synchronized every few minutes.
- If you delete the sync configurations and again synchronize the calendar events, then duplicate records will be created. In case of two-way sync, duplicates will be created in both Zoho Recruit and Google Calendar.
- Events added from Google Calendar will be added under the All Events list view in Zoho Recruit.
- Only the Calendars for which you have the Read and Write permission will be listed in the Google Calendar drop-down list.
- In case of two pop-up reminders for the event coming from Google Calendar, only the first pop-up reminder will be added in Recruit.
- Events with no title in Google Calendar will be added with the Subject as " Not Provided " in Recruit.
- We do not support the synchronization of recurring events.
The data will be transferred based on the field mapping mentioned below:
|Zoho Recruit Fields||Google Calendar Fields|
|Start date time/end date time||same as Zoho Recruit|
|Add Invitees||Add guests|