Project templates can help you manage your work more efficiently. You don't have to repeatedly enter the same tasks, and can thus save time and be more productive.
In Zoho Projects, you can:
Create a template
Create project templates and use them in your upcoming projects. They save a lot of your time.
- Navigate to Projects and click Project Templates in the left menu.
- Click New Project Template at the top right corner.
- Specify the project template details and click Add Project Template to proceed.
- You must be a Portal Owner or an Admin to create project templates.
Edit / delete a template
- Navigate to Projects-> Project Templates.
- Hover over the project template that you have to edit.
- Click the Action menu.
- Choose to edit or delete the project template.
Modify an existing project template
It is possible to edit project templates and make changes to the project modules like Tasks, Bugs, Tasklists, and Milestones to match your business needs.
- While adding tasks in project templates,you can choose to start the tasks after few days, weeks,months or even hours after the scheduled project Start date.
- Only if you have set your Task Duration in hours in your Org Settings, the hrs option would be displayed in the task's Start After field.
Create a new project using a project template
- Navigate to Projects and click New Project at the top right corner.
- In Choose a Template, select an existing project template.
- Specify the other project details
- Click Add Project to proceed.
Set task dependencies in templates
Set task dependencies for tasks using Duration and/or Start After values.
- In task dependency view, the dependencies among tasks are set based on the Start After days set up in the project template.
- The Seq.No for task dependency is based on the ascending order of the Start After time period.
- For example, task with Seq.No 6 can have predecessors from Seq.No 1 to 5 if the Start After time period of task 6 comes after the end day (Start After + Duration) of all the tasks from 1 to 5.