Subtasks in Zoho Projects
Zoho Projects allows you to break your existing tasks in sub tasks in order to gain much deeper insights into the progress of a task. Now, simply drag and drop to break tasks in to subtasks or summary tasks based on your project needs.
- Subtasks feature is available only in Enterprise and Premium paid plans of Zoho Projects.
Import subtasks from MS projects
Import subtasks along with your existing tasks, while you import your MS project files into Zoho Projects.
- In Projects, click Import Tasks and then click .MPP.
- Choose an .Mpp file, and select the project to import, and then click Import MPP to import the file.
- In Import Microsoft Project Plan(MPP / MPX), you can choose to leave the imported tasks unassigned or associate the Mpp users to Project users.
- Click Continue to import the tasks into Zoho Projects.
- In Classic View, click to open the required task.
- Click the Sub task tab and then click Add Subtask.
- Specify the subtask details and then click Add Task to add the subtask.
You can also also drag and drop tasks to create subtasks.
Few points to remember when you create subtasks in Zoho Projects :
- Closed tasks cannot be indented.
- Subtasks cannot be created for closed tasks.
- Few tasks other than the applied criteria may also be displayed, so as not to break the hierarchy.
- Closing a parent task will close all its subtasks.
- To reopen a subtask , its parent task needs to be reopened.
Make a subtask into a task
You can edit a subtask and then click Make this a Task to convert a subtask into a task.
Subtasks in dependency view
You can view subtasks now as part of your task dependency view. Subtasks gets displayed, only if all its parent tasks are displayed.
Subtasks in gantt view
You can view subtasks as part of your gantt charts. The subtasks are represented in yellow on the gantt chart.
Subtasks in templates
You can create a new task template and add tasks along with subtasks and save this template for your future projects.