Subtasks in Zoho Projects
Zoho Projects allows you to break your existing tasks in sub tasks in order to gain much deeper insights into the progress of a task. Now, simply drag and drop to break tasks in to subtasks or summary tasks based on your project needs.
- Import subtasks from MS project
- Create subtasks
- Reorder subtasks
- Make a subtask into a task
- Subtasks in dependency
- Subtasks in gantt view
- Subtasks in templates
- Subtasks feature is available only in Enterprise and Premium paid plans of Zoho Projects.
Import subtasks along with your existing tasks, while you import your MS project files into Zoho Projects.
- In Projects, click Import Task and then click .MPP.
- Choose a .MPP file, and select the project to import, and then click Import MPP to import the file.
- In Import Microsoft Project Plan(MPP / MPX), you can choose to leave the imported tasks unassigned or associate the Mpp users to Project users.
- Click Continue to import the tasks into Zoho Projects.
- In Classic View, click to open the required task.
- Click the Sub task tab and then click Add Subtask.
- Specify the subtask details and then click Add Task to add the subtask.
You can also also drag and drop tasks to create subtasks.
The dragged task is now added as a subtask beneath the task it is dropped.
Few points to remember when you create subtasks in Zoho Projects :
- Closed tasks cannot be indented.
- Subtasks cannot be created for closed tasks.
- Few tasks other than the applied criteria may also be displayed, so as not to break the hierarchy.
- Closing a parent task will close all its subtasks.
- To reopen a subtask , its parent task needs to be reopened.
You can reorder subtasks from the Tasks details page. Click open a task with subtasks, to view the task details page. Now click the Sub task tab, click Subtask Reorder, and drag and drop the subtasks to reorder based on your need, and then click Save Order.
You can edit a subtask and then click Make this a Task to convert a subtask into a task.
You can view subtasks now as part of your task dependency view. Subtasks gets displayed, only if all its parent tasks are displayed.
You can view subtasks as part of your gantt charts. The subtasks are represented in yellow on the gantt chart.
You can create a new task template and add tasks along with subtasks and save this template for your future projects. Learn More about adding subtasks in task templates.