Subtasks in Zoho Projects
Zoho Projects allows you to break your existing tasks into subtasks. By creating subtasks, you can organize your work. With subtasks, you can track the progress of the task and get it done on time. Alike tasks, you can set the priority, duration, % completed, assignee, start date and end date for subtasks.
- Import subtasks from MS project
- Create subtasks
- Reorder subtasks
- Make a subtask into a task
- Collapse subtasks
- Subtasks in dependency
- Subtasks in gantt view
- Subtasks in templates
- Subtask feature is available in our paid plans.
Import subtasks along with your existing tasks, while you import your MS project files into Zoho Projects.
- Select the required project in Projects and click the Tasks module.
- Click in the upper-right corner and select Import Task.
- Select the File Type and Choose a file that you want to upload.
- Click Import to import the file to your project.
- Choose to leave the imported tasks unassigned or associate the Mpp users to Project users in Import Microsoft Project Plan(MPP / MPX).
- Click Continue to import the tasks into Zoho Projects.
- Select the Tasks module, click the task for which you want to add the subtask.
- Click Subtasks in the task details page and then click Add Subtask.
- Enter the name of the subtask and click Enter to add the subtask.
You can also drag and drop tasks to create subtasks. And, the dragged task is now added as a subtask beneath the task it is dropped.
Few points to remember when you create subtasks in Zoho Projects:
- Closed tasks cannot be indented.
- Subtasks cannot be created for closed tasks.
- Few tasks other than the applied criteria may also be displayed, so as not to break the hierarchy.
- Closing a parent task will close all its subtasks.
- To reopen a subtask, the parent task needs to be reopened.
You can reorder subtasks from the Task Classic View. Drag and drop a subtask within the same parent task to reorder it. Drag and drop the subtask on another task to change its parent task.
Drag and drop a subtask outside its parent task. The subtask is converted to a parent task.
Subtasks can be collapsed with a single click. Toggling this option will collapse subtasks in classic view of tasks and Kanban task list view across all projects.
- Navigate to Portal > Home > My Tasks > View More.
- Click on and then toggle the Collapse Subtasks option. Subtasks will collapse across all projects.
- Toggle the switch again to expand the subtasks across the portal.
Subtasks can also be collapsed from the Kanban task list view. Toggling this option will collapse subtasks in Classic view of tasks and Kanban task list view across all projects.
You can view subtasks now as part of your task dependency view. Only if all the parent tasks are displayed, you can view the subtasks.
You can view subtasks as part of gantt charts. The subtasks are represented in blue on the gantt chart. Subtasks can also be added from the Gantt view,
- Click the required task to view the task details page. Click Add Subtask button under Subtasks tab to create a new subtask.
- Or, hover over a subtask and click + found right next to the subtask name to add a new subtask.
You can create a new task template and add tasks along with subtasks and save this template for your future projects. Learn More about adding subtasks in task templates.