Zoho Desk Integration
Zoho Desk integration with Zoho Projects allows you to submit tickets as issues from within Zoho Desk. If you use both Zoho Desk and Issue Tracker for your business, you can quickly add issues and track their status to closure.
Before you begin:
- Subscribe to the Enterprise edition of Zoho Issue Tracker and Zoho Desk.
- Activate the Zoho Issue Tracker under Setup in Zoho Desk.
- Only the Portal Owner can activate Zoho Desk and Issue Tracker integration.
To get started with the setup, you need to get the administrator’s e-mail address and the related ZSC key from your Zoho Projects account. The ZSC key is used to communicate between Zoho Desk and Zoho Projects.
To copy the ZSC Key:
- Login to Zoho Projects (http://www.zoho.com/projects/) as a Portal Owner.
- Navigate to Setup > Developer Space.
- Copy the e-mail address and the associated ZSC Key for integrating Zoho Issue Tracker and Zoho Desk.
- You can also click Regenerate Key to get a new ZSC Key to be provided in Zoho Desk
You now need to integrate Zoho Issue Tracker with Zoho Desk to file issues from Zoho Desk.
To integrate Issue Tracker with Desk:
- Login to Zoho Desk ( http://www.zoho.com/desk/) as an Administrator.
- Click Setup.
- Click Integrations (listed under Others).
- Select Zoho Issue Tracker Integration and then click Activate Issue Tracker Integration.
- In Authentication Details specify issue tracker email ID in Enter the Issue Tracker Administration Email and ZSC key inEnter the Zoho Service Communication (ZSC) Key.
- Click Next.
- Select a issue tracker portal from the drop-down.
- Select the desired department.
- Select the desired project.
- You can map a department in Zoho Desk to a related project in Zoho Issue Tracker to route the issues. Also, you cannot associate a department to more than one project.
- Click Save to add issues from Zoho Desk.
Once you have integrated Zoho Issue Tracker and Zoho Desk, you can start reporting issues from Zoho Desk into Zoho Issue Tracker.
To report issues from Zoho Desk:
- Login to Zoho Desk.
- Click on a support request to view its details.
- Click File an Issue.
- In File an Issue you can find the relevant Issue Tracker Project and Issue Title pre-selected.
- Click Submit to file the support request as an issue in the selected project in Zoho Issue Tracker.
- Issue Information section displays more information about the issue.
- You can set business rules for issues reported from Zoho Desk using Update Zoho Desk option in Issue Tracker.
- Issues reported from Zoho Desk are exclusively displayed in Issues from Zoho Desk option in the Predefined Views in Issue Tracker.
- Any response to the support tickets will be pushed to Feeds immediately.
- The update will show up on the Notifications tab as and when there is a reply to a support ticket.
- Comments are synced between Zoho Desk and Zoho Projects. When the support team comments on an issue, the corresponding project feed is updated.