Zoho Desk Integration
Zoho Desk integration with Zoho Projects allows you to submit tickets as bugs from within Zoho Desk. If you use both Zoho Desk and Zoho BugTracker for your business, you can quickly add bugs and track their status to closure.
Before you begin:
- Subscribe to the Enterprise edition of Zoho BugTracker and Zoho Desk.
- Activate the Zoho BugTracker under Setup in Zoho Desk.
- Portal Owner alone can activate Zoho Desk and BugTracker integration.
To get started with the setup, you need to get the administrator’s e-mail address and the related ZSC key from your Zoho Projects account. The ZSC key is used to communicate between Zoho Desk and Zoho Projects.
To copy the ZSC Key:
- Login to Zoho Projects (http://www.zoho.com/projects/) as a Portal Owner.
- Navigate to Setup > Developer Space.
- Copy the e-mail address and the associated ZSC Key for integrating Zoho BugTracker and Zoho Desk.
- You can also click Regenerate Key to get a new ZSC Key to be provided in Zoho Desk
You now need to integrate Zoho BugTracker with Zoho Desk to file bugs from Zoho Desk.
To integrate BugTracker with Desk:
- Login to Zoho Desk ( http://www.zoho.com/desk/) as an Administrator.
- Click Setup.
- Click Integrations (listed under Others).
- Select Zoho Bug Tracker Integration and then click Activate Bug Tracker Integration.
- In Authentication Details specify Bugtracker email ID in Enter the Bug Tracker Administration Email and ZSC key inEnter the Zoho Service Communication (ZSC) Key.
- Click Next.
- Select a bug tracker portal from the drop-down.
- Select the desired department.
- Select the desired project.
- You can map a department in Zoho Desk to a related project in Zoho BugTracker to route the bugs. Also, you cannot associate a department to more than one project.
- Click Save to add bugs from Zoho Desk.
Once you have integrated Zoho BugTracker and Zoho Desk, you can start filing bugs from Zoho Desk into Zoho BugTracker.
To file bugs from Zoho Desk:
- Login to Zoho Desk.
- Click on a support request to view its details.
- Click File a bug.
- In File a Bug you can find the relevant BugTracker Project and Bug Title pre-selected.
- Click Submit to file the support request as a bug in the selected project in Zoho BugTracker.
- Bug Information section displays more information about the bug.
- You can set business rules for bugs filed from Zoho Desk using Update Zoho Desk option in BugTracker.
- Bugs filed from Zoho Desk are exclusively displayed in Bugs from Zoho Desk option in the Predefined Views in BugTracker.
- Any response to the support tickets will be pushed to Feeds immediately.
- The update will show up on the Notifications tab as and when there is a reply to a support ticket.
- Comments are synced between Zoho Desk and Zoho Projects. When the support team comments on an issue or a bug, the corresponding project feed is updated.