With record approvals, you can get your team involved to manage your entries. Users can be added as approvers for your reports. They can collaborate with their peers, review submissions, and approve entries.
Table of Contents
Approvers analyze the entries in a report, and can approve or deny them. They can have discussions over form data and include their reason for approval/denial.
To add a new approver for your report:
- Click on the Reports link provided below your form title in the home page.
- Click on the Approvals tab and Enable approvals.
- To add approvers, specify your reviewer's email address. If you wish to let the approvers know that you've added them, check on the "Notify approvers" checkbox.
- Add your personalized email message and click on Add and notify.
Note: To view all the approvers of a report, click on the "Approvers" link present next to the Add approvers text box.
To approve entries of a report, the approver must click on the Review link provided next to every form entry. On clicking the link, a summary list of the entry is displayed along with the Approve and Deny buttons.
The approvers can do the following as well:
- Leave his/her comments for each entry. Comments are a way for the approvers to discuss about the entry and have conversations with their peers.
- Approvers can also add an additional note in the Include reason text box if they wish to explain why they have approved / denied a record. This helps convey their opinions to other approvers.
On approval/denial, an Approver email address and Approval status field will be added to the report. This displays the email address of the approver and, if the entry was approved or denied.
To change the "Approve" label, click on Approvals >> Approval settings. Change the label name and click Save.
To receive an email notification every time an entry is approved, check the "Enable email notification on approval" checkbox. Compose the email and click Save. You can send the email to the users in your organization or to the respondent of that particular form.
To change the "Deny" label, click on Approvals >> Denial settings. Change the label name and click Save.
To receive an email notification every time an entry is denied, check the "Enable email notification on denial" checkbox. Compose the email and click Save. You can send the email to the users in your organization or to the respondent of that particular form.