PDF of Form Submissions
With PDF copies of their form responses, your respondents can keep a record of their purchase orders, complaints they have raised or applications they have submitted using your form.
Table of Contents
With PDF copies of their form responses, your respondents can keep a copy of their purchase orders, complaints they have raised, or applications they have submitted using your form.
To include PDF of form submissions in the Thank You page and in email notifications, you must select Yes under Settings > PDF Settings in the Settings tab of your form builder. Once done, you can customize how your PDF document looks. There are options to name your document, add Unique ID field, change the page orientation, size and define margins.
- Under PDF Settings, click Customize.
- In the PDF Editor, you can customize the page orientation and how the form fields should appear.
You can modify the following under Page Settings:
- Orientation: Set your page orientation to Portrait or Landscape.
- Size: Select the page size of your PDF from the listed options.
- Margin: Set margins for your document here. If you wish to remove margins for the PDF, choose the value for the margins as zero.
You can modify the following under Form Settings:
- Form Header: Choose to display your form header on all pages of your PDF or only on the first page.
- Background: Stretch the background of your form to your paper size.
- Page Header: Choose to display your page header on all pages of your PDF or only on the first page.
- Fields: Include Unique ID of each form submission in the PDF. You can also choose to exclude empty fields from the PDFs of form submissions.
- Image Size: Set the size to display the images in the form. The images can be a part of the Image choices field or uploaded through the Image Upload field.
- Subform: Choose to display subform responses in a card-like format, when you've configured In-Line subform in your form.
Click Save after you have made the desired configuration. To download the PDF of a blank form, click the Download button at the top-right corner of the page.
You can provide your respondents with an option to download a copy of their submission as PDF. This option can be provided in two ways:
- Select Include link in the Thank You Page option.
- Click Save.
Now when a respondent submits the form, a link to download the PDF will be provided in the Thank You Page.
- Navigate to Settings > Email & Notifications.
- Set up an email template and compose your email.
- Below the message section, choose Attach the form submission as a PDF option.
- Click Save.