Zoho PhoneBridge - Amazon Connect Integration
Table of contents
Amazon Connect for Zoho PhoneBridge help you initiate all your sales calls right inside your CRM. You can view the caller information, while you receive calls from your Amazon Connect number and ensure better communication.
- When you receive an incoming call from or initiate an outgoing call to a CRM contact via Amazon Connect, you can see a business card view of your contact in Zoho CRM.
- All calls made or received via Amazon Connect are automatically logged in Zoho CRM and you can view the call logs.
- You can add follow-up activities at the end of every call from Zoho CRM.
- For this integration to work, you must have an Amazon Web Services (AWS) account.
- You must also have the Amazon Connect Instance configured in your AWS account.
- Only an Administrator of a Zoho CRM account can enable the Amazon Connect Integration.
- Once enabled by the Administrator, the integration will be activated for all users. Every user in the Zoho CRM Organization account can log in to Amazon Connect with their unique credentials.
Before you get started with this integration, please make sure that you have whitelisted the Zoho CRM domain to access the Amazon Connect instance. Please follow the steps below:
- Sign in to your Amazon Web Services (AWS) account or sign up to create a new account.
- Now the CRM domain should be allowed to access the instance. Follow the steps below to achieve this.
- Go to the Amazon Connect console.
- Click the required Instance Alias from the list of available instances or create a new one, if necessary.
- Now click on the Application Integration link.
- In the Application Integration page, click Add Origin.
- The default Origin URL for CRM is 'https://crm.zoho.com', and for CRM Plus, it is 'https://crmplus.zoho.com'. Enter the appropriate Origin URL in the Add origin pop-up and click Add.
Zoho CRM domain (https://crm.zoho.com) will now be listed under the ApprovedOrigins section.
Please note down the required Instance Alias name from your Amazon Console page. This data will be used to login with Amazon Connect from your Zoho CRM account.
- The domain of Origin URL differs based on your location. For instance, if the location is Europe, the Origin URL is 'https://crm.zoho.eu' and subsequently for CRM Plus is 'https://crmplus.zoho.eu'.
Once you've whitelisted the Zoho CRM domain, configure Amazon Connect in your CRM account.
To configure Amazon Connect in Zoho CRM, do the following:
- Enable Amazon Connect integration
- Log in to your Amazon Connect account in Zoho CRM
To enable Amazon Connect Integration
- Go to Setup > Channels > Telephony.
- Select Amazon Connect from the available list of PhoneBridge integrations.
- Click Enable.
- After clicking Enable, please wait while the page refreshes automatically. Do not click anywhere else until the Amazon Connect Login screen appears.
Once you have enabled the Amazon Connect integration, you will be prompted to log in to your AWS account from Zoho CRM.
- Enter the Instance Alias name that you created for Zoho CRM in your Amazon console.
- Click Login to Amazon Connect if you wish to log in to your account right away.
- You will be navigated to the Amazon Connect login page, where you need to enter the login credentials and click Login.
- If you are logging in later, you can use the Phone icon at the bottom right of the page to access the Amazon Connect Login screen.
Once you have enabled the Amazon Connect integration in Zoho CRM and logged in to your AWS account in Zoho CRM as well as the Amazon Connect softphone, you are ready to use this integration.You will be able to receive incoming calls, initiate outgoing calls and add follow-up activities right within your Zoho CRM.
When you receive an incoming call from a CRM contact via Amazon Connect, you can see a Business Card view of the contact.
At the end of the call, you can add follow-up actions on the Call Ended window and assign tasks to your users.
When an outgoing call is initiated to a contact in Zoho CRM, the call is made via Amazon Connect.
To initiate an outgoing call from Zoho CRM
- Click the desired record.
- In the Record's Details page, click the Phone icon beside the phone number.
The call via Amazon Connect is now established.
- The follow-up options on the Call Ended window lets you add calls, assign tasks, events and add a call description.
At the end of every call via Amazon Connect, you can do any or all of the following activities from the Call Ended window in Zoho CRM. These would automatically be associated to the respecitve record.
- Add a follow-up call.
- Add a follow-up task.
Calls made, received, missed and unanswered in Zoho CRM via Amazon Connect are automatically logged in the Activities module.
To view call logs
- Click the Activities module.
- Select the All Calls list view.
- Click on any desired record to view the call details.
You can make calls directly from your browser without having to use a softphone. Browser calling allows you to make calls directly from CRM without having to toggle between your CRM and Amazon Connect accounts.
By default, your call preferences will be selected as Browser in the call preferences pop-up so that you can make calls via your browser.
- Hold and Unhold functionalities will be included in the pop up, if you choose the Browser option.
- Browser calling will be supported only in chrome 29 and above and firefox 47 and above.
You can also make calls through Custom Phone number depending on your requirements.
The Amazon Connect Integration can be disabled at any time. Only the Administrator of the CRM account can disable the integration.
To disable the integration
- Go to Setup > Channels > Telephony.
- Click Disable.
- On disabling the Amazon Connect integration, you will no longer be able to make calls in Zoho CRM via Amazon Connect.
- Once disabled by the Administrator, the integration is disabled for all users in the Organization account.
- Call details that were entered before the integration was disabled remain intact.