Here is a popular scenario, just one of the many ways in which you can use autoresponders.
A user has shown interest in your product and has subscribed for a 30-day free trial of your product. Your challenge here is to engage the prospect in your product and follow-up with right email messages to win the deal. This is a real-life Drip Marketing situation where autoresponders can be used.
- A visitor to your web site submits the web form and signs up for a 30-day trial period of your product.
- An auto-generated Thank you / Welcome email is sent to the user.
- User's (lead) details are listed in Zoho CRM under a custom view (eg: Today's Leads).
- Autoresponder is initiated.
- Day 1 - 'Getting Started' email is sent to the user.
- Day 2 - 'Support and Feedback Information' email is sent.
- Day 5 - 'Product Updates' email is sent.
- Day 15 - 'Purchase Offer' email is sent.
- Day 25 - 'Reminder' email is sent.
- If the user subscribes to the product and is excluded from the mailing list, then the follow-up emails that come after will not be sent.
The procedure to set up an autoresponder
- Click the Leads tab.
- In the Leads Home page, under Lead Tools, click the Autoresponders link.
- In the Autoresponders page, click Create Autoresponder.
- In the New Autoresponder page, under the Autoresponder Details section, do the following:
- Enter the Name of the autoresponder.
- Select the user to whom the records will be Assigned To.
- Select the Custom View to set up the recipient list for the autoresponder.
- Select a Folder for the autoresponder.
- Select Dynamic and specify the corresponding details (Refer to the table.)
- Click Save.
- If the user subscribes to the product, during the follow-up process, the user's email address should be excluded from the mailing list. On excluding the email address, the successive follow-up emails will not be sent to the user.
The following table provides information on the options that you need to specify for the autoresponder.