Tracking AdWords Data
How Can I...
- Understanding the GCLID Mapping in Zoho CRM
- Filter Leads Generated from Google AdWords
- View AdWords Data in Record's Details Page
- Track Data in Google AdWords Tab
- View Reports
- View Dashboards
- Enable/Disable Google AdWords Tab Access for Zoho CRM Users
- Hide Google AdWords Fields for Profiles
- Deactivate Google AdWords Integration
Once the integration is set and your web forms are live, you can easily track your AdWords information inside Zoho CRM. Within Zoho CRM, you can track the AdWords data in a few places.
- Google AdWords Tab - Details related to the AdWords Client Account, the associated Campaigns, AdGroups, Ads, and Keywords can be viewed. In some cases, the conversion data is not pushed to Google AdWords. Such Conversion Import Failures will also be listed.
- Leads, Contacts, and Potentials Modules - When a visitor clicks on an ad and fills up the web form (Web-to-Lead/Contact) in the landing page, a lead/contact is automatically created in Zoho CRM. For all the leads generated via AdWords, GCLID will be set. The Google AdWords Information section in the lead/contact is updated approximately 24 hours after the record is created.
- Campaigns Module - While setting up the integration, the campaigns associated to the AdWords Client Account will be created in Zoho CRM.
- Reports and Dashboards - New set of reports and dashboards to track AdWords related data, will be available in Zoho CRM.
By having AdWords data in Zoho CRM, you can:
- View leads in Zoho CRM that are generated from Google AdWords.
- Track offline sales from clicks to conversions.
- Generate reports based on Google AdWords data.
For every ad click, Google generates a Google Click ID (GCLID). This ID processes information related to the campaign, keyword, adgroup, etc. of the Ad. So how is this data captured within Zoho CRM?
We know that when an ad is clicked, GCLID is created. If the person fills the web form that the ad is connected to, then both the GCLID and the web form details are pushed to Zoho CRM database. At this point, the leads/contacts are created with the details provided in the form but the details from the GCLID is not mapped to these leads/contacts.
Google AdWords requires 4-6 hours after the ad click to process the details of the click. So every 24 hours, the GCLIDs generated on ad click and the leads added in CRM are mapped and only then the AdWords data is added to the respective records in Zoho CRM.
When your prospective customer clicks your Ad and submits the web form, a new lead/contact is created in Zoho CRM with the lead/contact information. Records generated this way will have the GCLID value in the Google AdWords Information section. You can view the records generated via Google AdWords in the standard list view - Google AdWords Conversion Export. You can also create custom list view to filter out specific records. See Also Manage List Views
Lead/Contact added in Zoho CRM via Google Ads will have details captured by GCLID. These include Click Type, Ad Network, Keyword, Device Type, etc. This data is updated in the Google AdWords Information section approximately 24 hours from the record creation time.
On lead conversion, the AdWords data will be transferred to the newly created contact and potentials. Also, if another potential is created, associated for the contact, the same AdWords details will be pushed to the new potential too.
To view AdWords data in record's details page
- Click the Leads/Contacts/Potentials tab.
- Click on a record to view the details.
The Google AdWords Information section will be available. Data is automatically populated in this section. The field values cannot be edited.
- Google AdWords information is also displayed as part of the Marketing Information Section in the corresponding Visits details page in the Visits module. See also: View Google AdWords Information
Once the integration is set up, a new tab namely Google AdWords is added. In the Google AdWords tab, you can view the Google AdWords Client Accounts and the details on the associated Campaigns, Adgroups, Ads and Keywords. You can also keep track of the Conversion Import Failures i.e. the list of records for which data is not pushed back to Google AdWords. See Also Conversion Import Failures.
To view AdWords data in Zoho CRM
- In Zoho CRM, click the Google AdWords tab.
- In the Google AdWords page, click Accounts.
- Select an Account to view the details of the associated Campaigns, Adgroups, Ads and Keywords.
Details such as Clicks, Impressions, Leads/Contacts Created, Leads Converted, Potential Won, Spending Cost and ROI specific will be listed.
Zoho CRM offers you with a set of 7 standard reports by default such as Leads by Device, Deal Stages by Campaigns, Google Campaigns by Industry and more. These standard reports help you track various parameters and performance of your Google AdWords. You can check for your actual return on investment from the deals that you win, experiment with keywords and build your strategy for Google AdWords investment easily. You can also create new report for your organization's requirement of Google AdWords information in Zoho CRM. See Also Generating Reports
To view reports for Google AdWords
- In Zoho CRM, click the Reports tab.
- Click Google AdWords Reports.
The Google AdWords reports will be listed.
Dashboards, the pictorial representations of your reports are also available by default for all the pre-built reports in Zoho CRM. You can view dashboards for your Google AdWords metric in two-dimensional and three-dimensional chart, bar, graph and more.
To view dashboards for Google AdWords
- Log in to Zoho CRM.
- Click the Dashboards tab.
- From the Switch to Dashboards drop-down select Google AdWords Dashboards.
The set of pre-built dashboards get displayed.
After configuring the Adwords integration, a new tab namely Google AdWords will be available. You can enable or disable this tab for other users in your Zoho CRM account.
To enable/disable Google AdWords tab for users
- Click [Settings icon] and click Setup > Users & Control > Security Control > Profiles.
- Click the Edit for the corresponding profile to which you want to provide Google AdWords tab permission.
- Under Module-level Permissions, select the Google AdWords checkbox.
- Click Save.
All the users may not need to see all the details related to Google AdWords. You can hide the fields in the Google AdWords Information section (in leads and contacts) for certain profiles.
To hide the fields
- Click [Settings icon] and go to Setup > Customization > Modules > Fields > Fields Permissions.
- Select the Profile from the drop-down list.
- Choose Leads or Contacts module from the drop-down list and click Edit.
Google AdWords Information section is available only in the records from these modules.
- Make sure the Fields radio button is selected for Category.
- Under Visibility, clear the checkbox for the corresponding Google AdWords related fields.
- Click Save.
On deactivating the Google AdWords Integration the following will not be available:
- The Google AdWords tab.
- The Google AdWords Information section along with the related fields in the Leads, Contacts, and Potential modules. (Existing Leads, Contacts and Potentials will retain information in this section)
- The Reports and Dashboards for Google AdWords.
To deactivate Google AdWords integration
- Log in to Zoho CRM with administrator privileges.
- Go to Setup > Marketplace > Google > Google AdWords.
- Click the Deactivate link.
- In the Deactivation pop-up, click Confirm Deactivation.