Zoho CRM for Google AdWords
Google AdWords is a powerful online advertising program designed to help you reach new customers and increase sales for your business through ads on Google Search and across Google's network of partner websites. By helping you drive more traffic to your site from visitors who are likely to be interested in what your business has to offer, AdWords helps you capture more qualified leads for a better return on your online marketing investment (ROI). AdWords' flexible online marketing platform includes comprehensive analytics and reporting tools, giving you easy access to the data you need to make strategic marketing decisions for your business.
If you use AdWords to drive potential customers to your website and a customer relationship management system (CRM) to track offline sales made through phone calls, emails, or direct sales, it can be difficult for your business to determine how your online campaign investments lead to offline conversion data stored in Zoho CRM.
With Zoho CRM for GoogleAdwords, you can now import your AdWords marketing investments into Zoho CRM so you can see which keywords and campaigns are responsible for each offline sale. Plus, you can also export Zoho CRM sales data into AdWords so you can better optimize your bids and budgets to yield maximum revenue and profits. Once you merge your Google online marketing with Zoho's offline sales data, both sales and advertising teams can learn which marketing strategies are driving the best return on investment.
By importing your Google AdWords data into Zoho CRM, you’re now able to see how your marketing investment and strategy led to offline sales tracked in Zoho CRM. Now you can:
- Directly attribute the source of leads and opportunities generated from Google AdWords.
- View and manage a set of reports on sales that were initiated through Google AdWords.
By exporting your Zoho CRM conversions into Google AdWords, you can better optimize your campaigns, ad groups, and keywords by seeing precisely how your online investment in AdWords led to offline sales revenue and profit:
- See how clicks on your ads led to sales made in the offline world, e.g., over the phone or via a sales rep.
- Understand which clicks drive the most profitable sales.
Understanding Zoho CRM for Google AdWords
Integration Settings in Zoho CRM
First, you need to set up the integration. Only users with administrative permission can enable and set up the integration. Setting up this integration involves the following steps:
- Authentication - Enable this feature and authorize your Zoho CRM account to access your Google AdWords account.
- Configuration - Configure AdWords account and specify what data you want to push to Google AdWords for offline conversions.
- Auto-tagging - Enable auto-tagging, a feature that automatically creates a custom destination URL to help you track your ad's performance.
- Packaging - Take a look at the new reports and dashboards that will be added after this integration is set up.
- Tracking - Add code snippets in your website and web form to capture the click details of an AdWords ad in Zoho CRM. This is an important step to track your AdWords campaigns' data in CRM. (Refer to the steps given below.)
Once you have configured the settings, you need to make changes in your web form and all the web pages. See Also Set up Tracking
- Add a code snippet in the web form’s HTML code - This code helps you extract the data that GCLID captures when a visitor clicks on an advertisement.
GCLID refer to Google Click ID. AdWords provides unique GCLID for every click that comes to your website from an AdWords ad. The GCLID gives you information such as the ad campaign, adgroup, keyword, etc. This information needs to be passed on to your customer database (Zoho CRM) along with the lead information that you collect from the visitor who fills up the web form.
- Add tracking code in all the web pages in your website. When a visitor clicks on your advertisement and comes to your landing page, there are chances the visitor navigates to other pages before filling up the web form. In such cases, this tracking code keeps record of the GCLID that was generated on clicking the advertisement.
What is GCLID?
GCLID refer to Google Click ID. AdWords provides unique GCLID for every click that comes to your website from an AdWords ad. The GCLID gives you information such as the ad campaign, ad group, keyword, and more. This information needs to be passed on to your Zoho CRM account along with the lead information that you collect from the visitor who fills up the web form.
Understanding the GCLID Mapping in Zoho CRM
For every ad click, Google generates a Google Click ID (GCLID). This ID processes information related to the campaign, keyword, ad group, etc. of the Ad. So how is this data captured within Zoho CRM?
We know that when an ad is clicked, GCLID is created. If the person fills the web form that the ad is connected to, then both the GCLID and the web form details are pushed to Zoho CRM database. At this point, the leads/contacts are created with the details provided in the form but the details from the GCLID is not mapped to these leads/contacts. Google AdWords requires 4-6 hours after the ad click to process the details of the click. So every 24 hours, the GCLIDs generated on ad click and the leads added in CRM are mapped and only then the AdWords data is added to the respective records in Zoho CRM.
How the Integration Works
A visitor searches a keyword and Google AdWords displays your ad in Google Search.
The Visitor clicks on the Ad and reads content on your landing page or destination URL and fills up the enquiry form. At this point, GCLID is created and passed to the landing page URL. This GCLID is used as a link between Google AdWords and Zoho CRM, is is also passed to the landing page URL.
When the form is filled and submitted, the GCLID details are passed on to Zoho CRM along with the lead information collected through the web form. You are able to identify all such leads that are generated via AdWords.
In the lead's details page, other Google AdWords information will be available. Please note, these details will be updated approximately 24 hours from the lead creation time.
The lead creation data is pushed to Google AdWords as a Unique Conversion. This is based on the Offline Conversion Setting.
New Elements Added in Zoho CRM
Google AdWords Tab - A new tab will be added in Zoho CRM that lists the details of the Campaigns, AdGroups, Keywords, Account Summary and Conversion Import Failures for your Google AdWords accounts. It captures information that includes clicks, impressions, average position, lead's and contact's names, spending, revenue, etc.
Leads/Contacts generated via Google AdWords - Whenever a visitor fills out the details in the web form (Web-to-Lead/Contact), they will be automatically routed to Zoho CRM. A new lead/contact is created with a GCLID. 24 hours after the record is created in Zoho CRM, the details in Google AdWord Information section for the lead/contact will be updated.
Google AdWords Information Section - A new section will be added for the leads, contacts and potentials that are generated via Google AdWords. It captures details such as Ad Network, Keyword, Search query, Device Type, Cost per Click, Cost per Conversion, etc.
List View - A new list view namely Google AdWords Conversion Export is added in Leads,Contacts, and Potentials.
Google AdWords Reports - A variety of standard reports will be available such as Leads by Google Campaign, Potential by Keywords, and Top 10 Customers from Google AdWords. These standard reports help you track various parameters and the performance of your Google AdWords.
- You must be running online marketing campaigns using Google AdWords.
- You must have access to organization-wide MCC accounts in Google AdWords.
- You must use the Web Forms (powered by Zoho CRM or any 3rd party applications) to generate leads for your organization.
- There shouldn’t be domain mismatch, if you embed Web forms as an iFrame in landing pages.
- Auto-tagging is mandatory to retrieve GCLID from destination URL.
- You must have Administrator profile in Zoho CRM to set up integration.