The MailChimp Extension for Zoho CRM
How Can I...
With the MailChimp extension for Zoho CRM, you can now synchronize your Campaigns and Subscribers in MailChimp with Zoho CRM.
You also have the option of two-way synchronization, so you can choose whether you want to move data only from MailChimp to Zoho CRM or both ways. All of your contacts and leads will be imported based on your mapping settings, and your campaigns will be imported into the Zoho CRM campaigns module automatically.
You can install the MailChimp extension either from Zoho Marketplace or from within your Zoho CRM account.
To install MailChimp extension:
- Click Settings > Setup > Marketplace > All. All the installed extensions are listed.
Under All Extensions, you can view all the extensions supported by your CRM.
- Click All Extensions, browse for MailChimp, and click it. The details about the extension will be available.
- Click Install Now.
- Agree to the terms of service and click Continue to Install.
- Choose one of the following and click Confirm.
- Install for admin only - The extension will be installed in CRM for only the users with the administrator profile.
- Install for all users - The extension will be installed in CRM for all the users. Users need to have a MailChimp account to use this feature.
- Choose profiles - The extension will be installed in CRM for all the users with a particular profile. To use this option, click Continue and then select the desired profiles.
- Click Authorize. (Note: If you skip this step, you can authorize later from your Settings page. To do so, click Settings, then Setup, then Marketplace, then Marketplace. Open the MailChimp extension details page and click Authorize.)
- In the new tab emerged, enter the email and password for your MailChimp account and click Log In.
Synchronize your MailChimp data with Zoho CRM, and vice versa, using this extension. You can choose the direction of the sync, select whether to import everything or only specific contacts and make sure that the fields are mapped correctly to keep your records neat.
If you import your MailChimp campaigns and subscribers to CRM, you can view and manage them under the Campaigns tab. If you import Zoho CRM contacts to MailChimp, you can view and manage them under the Zoho CRM Contacts list.
To configure your Sync Settings:
- Go the MailChimp module and click the Sync tab.
- Choose either Bulk or Selective sync. Bulk sync imports all of your contacts or leads, while selective sync allows you to choose particular contact lists to import.
- If you choose selective sync, check the boxes next to the lists you want to import. The selected lists will be added to a custom module called MailChimp Lists and their contacts will be viewed in the respective lists.
- Select One-way or Both-way sync. One-way sync brings MailChimp contacts into your Zoho CRM modules or vice versa, but not both. Both-way sync simultaneously moves CRM data into MailChimp and MailChimp data into CRM.
- If you choose to move your Zoho CRM data into MailChimp, it will appear in the Zoho CRM Contacts list.
- If you move your MailChimp data into Zoho CRM, MailChimp campaigns appear in the Zoho CRM Campaigns module, contacts in the Contacts/Leads module and lists in the MailChimp Lists module (where you can view existing lists and add contacts).
- If you've enabled scheduled sync, choose whether you want it to occur daily or weekly.
- Click Sync.
- In the Mappings tab, make sure that your Zoho CRM fields and MailChimp fields are matched up the way you want them. When you sync, data from each field will be imported to the field to which it's mapped.
- In the MailChimp Lists module, you can view all the lists as well as add any new contacts. Contacts in these lists are mapped to Zoho CRM contacts/leads, with their corresponding MailChimp list as their source, for easy viewing.
After synchronization is done, this is how corresponding fields are mapped:
|MailChimp Fields||Zoho CRM Fields|
|Campaign Title||Campaign Name|
|Campaign Type||Campaign Type|
|Campaign Status||Campaign Status|
|Created Date||Campaign Start Date|
|Campaign Archive URL||MailChimp Preview URL|
|Campaign ID||MailChimp ID|
|MailChimp Contacts||Zoho CRM Contacts/Leads|
|First Name||First Name|
|Last Name||Last Name|
|Member ID||MailChimp ID|
|List Name||MailChimp List|
|Default From email address (List)||MailChimp Contact Created By|
The MailChimp contacts will be added to the Contacts or Leads module. These records will have a LeadSource value of 'MailChimp'.
When already existing contacts or leads, and campaigns present in Zoho CRM are synced from MailChimp, the respective contacts, leads and campaigns get updated. New entries are created only when no matching records are found.
You can also choose data to sync from within your contact lists in Zoho CRM.
To synchronize selected CRM data to a mailing list:
- Open your Leads or Contacts module in Zoho CRM.
- Check the box next to each lead or contact to be synced.
- Click Add Contact to MailChimp List.
- Select the MailChimp list to which you want to sync the selected entries.
- Click Add Contacts to finish.
The SalesSignals feature notifies you of important events related to your MailChimp campaigns. By default, it notifies you when a new subscriber is added, when a contact unsubscribes, and when a contact's profile is updated.
To view your SalesSignals notifications, click the Bell icon in the upper right corner of your dashboard.
To customize your SalesSignals notifications
- Click the Bell icon in the upper right corner of your dashboard.
- Click Settings at the bottom of your SalesSignals window.
- Choose the notifications you want to receive.
- Click Save.
If you uninstall the MailChimp extension, MailChimp List data that has been synced to Zoho CRM will be permanently deleted along with the custom fields like Lead Source, MailChimp ID, MailChimp Preview URL, etc.
Contacts and Campaigns that have been synced to Zoho CRM will remain intact. Before uninstalling, please make sure you have synced all of the data you want to keep; deleted data cannot be recovered.
To uninstall the extension:
- Click Settings > Setup > Marketplace > All. All the installed extensions are listed. Under All Extensions, you can view all the extensions supported in your CRM.
- Browse for MailChimp and click the corresponding Uninstall link.
- Click Ok to confirm and uninstall the extension.