In Zoho CRM, you can create contacts by:
- Entering data in the contact details form: You can manually fill in the Contact details gathered from various external sources.
- Importing contacts from external source: You can gather data through various sources, e.g. purchasing contacts database, contacts from different business units, etc. and import the CSV and XLS files into Zoho CRM.
- Capturing contacts from website: You can create web forms and allow website visitors to submit their contact details or questions directly through forms. These details submitted in the website are captured directly into the Contacts module.
- Converting lead to contact: On lead conversion, contacts, accounts and potentials can be created.
- Synchronizing Microsoft Outlook contacts: You can synchronize the contacts in Microsoft Outlook with the contacts in Zoho CRM.
- Some of the standard fields may not be visible or editable depending on your organization business process.
- In case you want to add or modify fields or would like to know more details on the usage of fields, please contact your System Administrator.
To understand the Zoho defined standard fields in Contacts, click here.
Create Contact Individually
You can create contacts individually by:
- Filling in the details in the contact creation form.
- Cloning the contacts with a few changes in the existing contact details.
To create contacts individually
- In the Contacts module, click New Contact.
- In the Create Contact page, enter the contact details. (Refer to the Standard Fields)
- Click Save.
- By default, the person who creates the contact owns it.
- To change owner, click the Change link in the Contact Owner field from the Contact Details page and select another user.
- While selecting the Account from the Lookup field's pop window, there is also an option to create an Account.
You can use this option to quickly create an account by providing some mandatory information. You have two options:
- Click Save. The record will be saved and it will be listed with the other accounts. You can select it to associate to the contact that you were creating.
- Click Save & Associate to save the new record and also associate it to the contact that you were creating.
To clone contacts
- In the Contacts tab, click a particular contact that you want to be cloned.
- In the Contact Details page, click Clone.
- In the Clone Contact page, modify the required details. (Refer to the Standard Fields)
- Click Save.
Associate Contact with other Records
You can create a 360-degree view of the contact to display all the associated details, such as potentials, trouble tickets, open activities, history of the completed activities, attachments, and notes.
In the Contact Details page, you can update the following:
- Member Accounts: To add other divisions or subsidiaries to the parent account
- Open Activities: To add tasks and events
- Closed Activities: To display all the closed tasks and events
- Cases: To create cases for the contact
- Products: To add products for the contact
- Attachments: To attach documents and notes
- Notes: To attach notes to the contact.
- Potentials: To add potentials to the account
- Contacts: To add contacts to the account
- Sales Orders: To add sales orders to the account
- Invoices: To add invoices to the account
- Quotes: To add quotes
- Campaigns: To associate many campaigns to a single contact
- Social Interactions - To view the Twitter and Facebook interactions associated to the contact and send messages, like posts, retweet, etc.
Associate Contacts | Contact Assignment Rules | Approve Contacts | Manage List Views
Standard Fields | Social Integration