Workflow Alerts are among the actions associated to a workflow rule. A task is nothing but an activity that is assigned to a user. When you associate a workflow task to a workflow rule, it is automatically assigned to the chosen user when the rule is triggered for records meeting the criteria specified in the rule.
Profile Permission Required: Users with Manage Workflow profile permission can access this feature.
To create a workflow task
- Click Settings > Setup > Automation > Workflow Automation > Tasks.
- In the Workflow Tasks page, click Create Task.
- In the New Task page, do the following:
- Select the Module from the drop-down list.
- Enter a Subject for the task.
Insert merge fields to create dynamic task subjects.
- Specify the Due Date to complete the task.
- Select the Status of the task from the drop-down list.
- Select the task Priority from the drop-down list.
- Select the user from the Assigned To lookup list to assign the task.
- Select the Notify Assignee check box to notify the task owner via email about the task.
- Select the Remind Assignee check box to send reminder to the task owner.
- Alert through Email - A reminder email will be sent to the task owner at the specified time.
- Alert through Pop-up - A pop-up reminder will be initiated to the task owner at the specified time.
- Enter the task Description.
- Click Save.
A new workflow task is created, which can be associated to workflow rules.
- Workflow tasks cannot be created for records that does not support tasks in Zoho CRM, such as Solution, Forecasts etc.
- Workflow tasks cannot be associated to a workflow rule if the Execution Criteria selected for a rule is 'Delete'.
- If the Assigned To field is not specified, the system will automatically assign the Task to the record's owner.
- If you select a workflow task while importing records (such as leads, accounts, contacts), Notify Assignee option (though selected for the particular workflow task) will not be applicable. See Also Import Data
- If the owner of the task is inactive or unconfirmed, then the task will be automatically assigned to the owner of the record to which the task is added. In case the record's owner is also an inactive or unconfirmed user, then the task will be assigned to the Super Administrator.