Workflow Alerts are among the actions associated to a workflow rule. Alerts are nothing but emails that are sent to leads/contacts. When you associate a workflow alert to a workflow rule, the selected email is automatically sent to the chosen recipients when the rule is triggered for records meeting the criteria specified in the rule.
To create a workflow alert
- Click Settings > Setup > Automation > Actions > Alerts.
- In the Workflow Alerts page, click Configure Alert.
- In the New Workflow Alert page, do the following:
- Enter a Name for the alert.
- Select the Module from the drop-down list.
- Browse for and associate an existing email template from the module's template folder. If you don't have the template, you can Create Templates.
- Next you have to enter the email addresses in the From and Reply to fields.
Here you can choose one of these option in the drop-down list:
- your account email address
- organization email address
- email address of the record owner
- email address of the current user
- other user's email address
- Choose the recipients of the email. The Persons associated to the email are displayed.
When you choose Roles/Groups/Territories/Sub-ordinates, the email will be sent to the users that are part of the selected category.
- When the Email has to be sent to users in the organization, it is sent as a notification from the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
View Alert Usage Graph
Alerts are used in Workflow Rules, Blueprint, Approval Process, etc. Zoho CRM provides graphs that show the daily or weekly usage statistics of alerts across various features. You can view the alert usage from Settings > Setup > Automation > Actions > Alerts.
The MoreInfo link provides detailed information on the usage stats. Please note that the graph will cover the usage stats for the past 7 days.
Data is displayed based on modules, workflow rules and is categorized by date.
Alert usage statistics can also be filtered based on its usage in Workflow, Approval Process, Blueprint, Modules and Templates.