Workflow Alerts are among the actions associated to a workflow rule. Alerts are nothing but emails that are sent to leads/contacts. When you associate a workflow alert to a workflow rule, the selected email is automatically sent to the chosen recipietns when the rule is triggered for records meeting the criteria specified in the rule.
To create a workflow alert
- Click Settings > Setup > Automation > Workflow Automation > Alerts.
- In the Workflow Alerts page, click Configure Alert.
- In the New Workflow Alert page, do the following:
- Enter a Name for the alert.
- Select the Module from the drop-down list.
- Browse for and associate an existing email template from the module's template folder. If you don't have the template, you can Create Templates.
- Next you have to enter the email addresses in the From and Reply to fields.
Here you can choose one of these option in the drop-down list:
- your account email address
- organization email address
- email address of the record owner
- email address of the current user
- other user's email address
- Choose the recipients of the email. The Persons associated to the email are displayed.
When you choose Roles/Groups/Territories/Sub-ordinates, the email will be sent to the users that are part of the selected category.
- When the Email has to be sent to users in the organization, it is sent as a notification from the email address email@example.com.