Defining Business Hours
Customer support teams in an organization may follow their own business hours and work in shifts based on different time zones. The customer support personnel at the Japan office and the one in the Indian office will have different work schedules. In Zoho CRM, you can define multiple Business Hours with different time zones that can be helpful in assigning cases to individuals using the case escalations rules.
Take for instance, your customer support personnel in India, creates a case. The case details meets the escalation rule criteria and so is escalated to the support personnel in Japan. Since the time zone is different, it is best if the case is escalated when the support team in Japan is available.
To define business hours
- Go to Setup > Company Details > Business Hours.
- In the Business Hours for your Organization page, click Create New Business Hour.
- In the Business Hours Details section, do the following:
- Enter a name for the business hour. For example: New York Office or Eastern Daylight Time NY
- Select the Time Zone from the drop down list.
(Note: The Time Zone entered in the Locale Information under Company Details will be selected as the default Time Zone. You will be restricted from changing the same.)
- Select the Active checkbox, if required.
- Specify the business timings for the days of the week.
- Click Save.
- Enhancement of Business Hour feature is currently underway. During this change you will be able to create only one Business Hour for your organization.
- Although, we will retain the Business Hours for users who have already created more than one, they will be restricted from adding further Business Hours.