Understand video field
The video field enables your users to submit a video input through your form. They can either record a video, or upload a video file that's stored in their device (computer, phone, or tablet). Below is how a video field looks on a form:
- When a user accesses from a web browser:
- When a user accesses from a phone or tablet:
The videos that your users submit through your form are stored in your account and are counted towards your account’s total storage limit. Refer your Account Setup > Data Administration > Usage Details page to view your current storage details.
Size limitsA video field can accept a video of up to 5 minutes.
On accessing from a web browserBelow is an example of a video field when a user accesses from a web browser. Two icons appear in the video field, as shown below. Your users can:
To upload a video file, your user can click the Upload icon in the video field. This will launch the file browser where your user can select the required file. Alternatively, your user can drag and drop a video file in the field.
With regard to uploading a video file when accessing from a web browser, there are some format limitations:
|Web browser||Supported formats|
|Internet Explorer||mp4, mkv|
|Chorme||mp4, m4v, webm|
|Firefox||mp4, m4v, webm, mov|
If your user uploads a video that's longer than the allowed duration that's set for that video field, Zoho Creator will alert as follows. The following image shows a video field that's set to accept a video of up to 2 minutes.
If you user uploads a file that's not a video, Zoho Creator will alert:
- Click the Record icon in the video field.
- If it is the first time your user is accessing the video field, they will be prompted to grant permission to use the computer's microphone and camera.
- They can either Allow or Block
- If they select Block, they will be prompted with the message Allow to access media. They won't be able to record a video till they Allow access to the camera and microphone.
- Click Allow. This will launch the video recorder in a pop-up window.
- Click the Video Camera icon, displayed at the bottom of the pop-up, to start recording. The Stop icon will appear in place of the Video Camera icon.
- Click the Stop icon to stop recording. Alternatively, the recording will automatically stop when it reaches the allowed duration set for that video field.
- Click the Play icon on the left, to play the recorded video.
- Click Retake, displayed at the right-bottom corner of the pop-up, to retake the video. This will clear the prior recording and the Video Camera icon will be displayed again, thereby enabling the user start recording a video.
- Click Done at the bottom of the pop-up, once done recording. This will close the pop-up window and display the recorded video in the video field.
When a user accesses from a phone or tablet, they can only record a video. Uploading a video file is not supported. Below given is what happens when a user taps on the video field:
- If it is the first time the device's camera is accessed by the app, Zoho Creator will alert:
- Tap Ok to allow the app to access the device's camera
- Tap Don't Allow to deny this permission. Until your user Allow the app to access their device’s camera and microphone, they won’t be able to submit a video.
- The video recorder is launched. Your user will see that their device’s primary camera is accessed.
- Tap the Flash icon, displayed at the top-left of the device's screen, to adjust the flash-settings (set it as On, Off, or Auto) for the video recording
- Tap the Switch Camera icon to select the required camera of the device (with which the video is to be recorded)
- Tap the Record icon displayed at the bottom of the device’s screen, to start recording the video.
- The time lapsed will be displayed at the top-centre of the device’s screen
- The Record icon is replaced by the Stop icon
- Tap the Stop icon to stop the video recording.
- Tap the Play icon, displayed at the bottom-centre of the device's screen, to play the recorded video
- Tap Retake, displayed at the bottom-left of the device's screen, to record the video again. The prior recording will be discarded and the Record icon will be displayed to let the user start recording the video again
- Tap Use Video, displayed at the bottom-right of the device’s screen, to select the recorded video. This will close the video recording screen and the recorded video will appear in that video field.
- Tap on the video field, then,
- Tap Play Video to view the recorded video
- Tap Remove Video to remove the recorded video
- Tap Cancel to retain the recorded video as input in that video field
- Set the allowed duration up to which the uploaded or recorded video can span
- Customize the field name and field link name of this field
- Make it mandatory for your users to upload or record a video in this field
- Show this field only to the app’s admin (and hide it from other users)
- Set the field size
- Enable displaying a tooltip message when your users hover their mouse over this field