Understand radio fieldThe Radio field enables your users to select a value from a predefined set of choices that are displayed as radio buttons.
- Opt to use a radio field if the data that you want to enable your users to enter spans a defined set of choices, and only one of these choices can be present per entry (or record)
- The drop down field also enables your users to select a value from a predefined set of choices. Where the radio and drop down fields differ is the way the choices are displayed when your users access them on a web-browser: as radio buttons and in a dropdown menu, respectively. (They look the same when accessed from a phone or tablet)
- If you want to enable your users to select multiple values, you must opt to add a multi select or checkbox field to your form
- If you want to create a dynamic picklist, i.e., if you want to provide an initial set of choices to select from, but want to accommodate the growth of this set, then you must opt to use a single-select lookup field
- You can manage the choices that the radio field displays:
- You can add or import choices, edit a choice, and delete a choice.
- Define the order in which the choices are displayed: You can either arrange the choices manually in the required order, or enable them to be displayed in alphabetical order.
- Rename the values provided as choices in your radio field
- Set an initial value: Initial value for a radio field refers to the choice that your users will see pre-selected when they access your form. Setting an initial value does not restrict your users from selecting a different choice.
Allow the entry of another choice: Instead of selecting one of the predefined choices, you can enable your users to type an input (that has a maximum of 255 characters) for the radio field. This enables your users with the option to enter a more appropriate input in the radio field. When your users access the such a radio field, Other will be displayed as the last radio button. When your users select Other, an input box will appear where they can type the required input.
- Customize the field name and field link name of this field
- Make it mandatory for your users to enter an input in this field
- Enable showing this field only to the app’s admin (and hide it from other users)
- Change this field's type
- Set this field’s size
- Enable displaying a tooltip message when your users hover their mouse on this field