Applying Zoho Reports for Bug Analytics
The Zoho BugTracker Advanced Analytics Add-on powered by Zoho Reports, our online reporting & business intelligence service, allows you to slice and dice your bugs data. The add-on comes packed with 50+ ready-made reports and dashboards, that assists you in tracking and enhancing your project deliverables. You can also create your own ad hoc reports to analyze your bugs data the way you want. You can view and share reports with your team members to enable collaborative analysis of your project information.
- The Reports tab in Admin section is enabled only in the Premium and Enterprise paid plans.
- Only an Admin user or the Portal Owner can configure the Advanced Analytics Add-on.
- The Manager or any project user can view the bug reports, only if the Portal Owner / Admin user (the one who configured the add-on) shares them from Zoho Reports.
Get to know more about Sharing and Collaboration in Zoho Reports at
You can configure any numbers of projects as desired to view and track the project progress with multiple report views.
- Click in the Home section and click Zoho Apps in Integration.
- Select Zoho Apps and click Configure in Zoho Reports.
- Click Configure in Zoho Reports integration.
- In Select Projects, choose the desired projects, whose data is to be imported and analyzed in Zoho Reports.
- Select the required options to sync with Zoho Reports in the Data to be Synced section.
- Select the frequency of time interval in SYNCHRONISE.
- Click Start Sync to sync the chosen project's data.
A notification mail is sent to you after the project(s) data is synced successfully with Zoho Reports. Once the sync is completed, you can start accessing the default reports created and create your own reports & dashboards on your project's data.
You can view the bug reports only after the project data is synchronized into Zoho Reports and see the different types of reports for each module.
- You will be directed to Zoho Reports reporting database setup for this portal. There can be only one reporting database setup for a portal.
- A message about the synchronization status is displayed if the synchronization is in progress. You can also try to reload the Zoho Reports page in a while.
- Expand any desired module to display its various report views.
- You can access the data from different projects module by expanding the "Zoho BugTracker Modules (data)" folder. And you can access the default reports & dashboards created, by expanding the other folders listed.
- Select any desired report to view its data.
By default, 50+ insightful reports & dashboards are created. The reports are grouped based on module & functionality under different folders. You can view a range of project and milestone based reports capturing useful metrics such as current status of each project in the portal, bugs that are pending in each milestone, Planned vs Actual Time Spent, Target Milestones vs Actual Completed, Top 5 Delayed Open Milestones and so on. You can click any of the reports to view them. You can also edit the default report if required.
- Bug Status across all Milestones: Status of bugs across all milestones.
- Delayed Open Milestones: All delayed milestones along with open bugs count and percentage.
- Milestones Completed Trend by Users: Number of milestones completed by each owner every month.
- Milestones Duration - Planned Vs Actual: The number of planned days vs the actual time taken for each milestone.
- Milestones On-time Vs Delayed- Last 3 months: Milestones that are on-time and milestones that have been delayed.
- Overdue Milestones Age - Age of overdue milestone.
- Pending Bugs across Open Milestones: Bugs that are pending in each milestone.
- Project Status Overview:Current status of each project in the portal.
- Project- Planned vs Actual Time Spent: Actual duration planned vs actual time spent in the project. This report is based on bugs.
- Slowest Milestones - The scheduled variance of the top 10 slowest milestones.
- Target Milestones vs Actual Completed each month: Total milestones to be completed each month vs actually completed milestones.
- Top 5 Delayed Open Milestones: Top 5 most delayed open milestones.
- User-wise Milestone Completion - On-time vs Late: Milestones completion status of users based on completion status.
You can view the timesheet report based on the billing hours such as billable and non-billable hours logged for the projects, timesheet report based on projects and so on. You can click any of the views to display its data based on your requirement.
- Average Billable Hours by Project - Last 12 Months: Average billable hours logged in a day for the corresponding projects in the last 12 months.
- Billable Hours Logged Trend by Projects - Last 12 Months: Trend of billable hours logged for the corresponding projects in the last 12 months.
- Billable vs Non-Billable hours by Project: Billable vs Non-Billable hours spent on projects.
- Bottom 5 Project Members by Billable Hours: Bottom 5 project members across projects vs the billable hours.
- Effective ROI of Projects by Billable Hours: Effective ROI of each project vs the average billable hours logged.
- Timesheet by Projects and Members: Timesheet report based on projects, users and billable hours.
- Timesheet Hours Logged by Users - Last 6 Months: Total hours logged by each user in the last 6 months.
- Timesheet Hours Logged Trend - Last 12 Months: Trend of logged hours vs months, in the last 12 months.
- Timesheet Hours Logged Trend - Last 30 days: Trend of logged hours vs months, in the last 30 days.
- Top 5 Project Members by Billable Hours: Top 5 project members and their billable hours across projects.
- Top Projects by Billable Hours: Top projects and their total billable hours logged.
You can view users report based on various criteria such as milestone completion status for each user, bug status for each user and so on. You can click on any of the views to display its data based on your requirement.
- Bottom 5 Members with Least Bugs Closed - Last 3 Months: Bottom 5 members based on the number of bugs completed in the last 3 months.
- Bugs Completed so far by Owners: Number of bugs completed by owners over the months.
- Member-wise Bug Status: Bug status grouped by each project member.
- Member-wise Milestones Trend: Milestone completion status for each user.
- Member-wise Bugs Completion Status: Bugs completion status for each user.
- Planned And Actual Time Spent Per User: Planned vs Actual Time spent in fixing bugs by each user.
- Top 5 Assignee by Bug Count: Top 5 assignees based on bugs assigned to them.
- Top 5 Members with Most Bugs Closed - Last 3 Months: Top 5 members based on the number of bugs closed by each user in the last 3 months.
- Users bug workload: Users workload based on the number of pending bugs vs remaining time. The negative time indicates that the user overshoots the estimated timeline and is too delayed.
You can view billing reports based on various criteria. You can use billing reports to find out details such as revenue generated per project member for each project, top 10 members based on their billed hours and so on. You can click on any of the views to display its data based on your requirement.
- Billing charges: Billing report of members, projects, billable amount and so on.
- Bottom 10 Billed Members: Bottom 10 billed members and their billable hours.
- Effective ROI per Project: Revenue generated per project member for each projects.
- Projected Revenue: Projected revenue for the coming months based on the number of hours to be billed.
- Projected Revenue Calculation Table: Calculation table for projected revenue.
- Projects Revenue This Quarter: Revenue of each project based on their billed hours.
- Top 10 Billed Members: Top 10 members based on the billed hours.
- User Hourly Rates-Templates: Template for members and their hourly rates.
You can view burndown reports based on various criteria. Burndown reports are used to find the difference between the projected figures and its variance in project management. You can click on any of the views to display its data based on your requirement.
- Burn Down Milestone Entry Table- Template: Template table for milestone burndown report.
- Burn Down Projects Entry Table- Template: Template table for projects burndown report.
- Burn Down Report by Milestone: Burndown report for the selected milestone.
- Burn Down Report by Project: Burndown report for the selected project.
- Milestone - Burn Down Calculation Query: Internal query to calculate the burndown metrics for milestones.
- Milestone Day Wise Progress Calculation Query: Internal query for day-wise progress calculation of milestones.
- Project - Burn Down Calculation Query: Internal query to calculate the burndown metrics for projects.
- Project - Day Wise Progress Calculation Query: Internal query for day-wise progress calculation of projects.
- Timekey: Internal query for calculating the burndown reports.
You can view bug reports based on various criteria. You can use bug reports to find bugs grouped by owners and status, view pie charts providing the distribution of bugs, categorize bugs by severity and so on. You can click any of the views to display its bug data based on your requirement.
- Average Closure Time: Average time to close bugs grouped by projects.
- Bugs Ageing - Open for more than 60 days: Bugs in open status for more than 60 days grouped by project and milestone.
- Bugs by Owners: Pie chart based on bugs distributed across users. By default, it filters the bugs raised in the last 3 months.
- Bugs by Projects: Project-wise bug counts categorized by severity.
- Bugs by Projects & Owners: Bugs grouped by Project, Owners, and Status.
- Bugs by Who Raised It: Pie chart with bugs based on who raised the bugs.
- Bugs Created Age: Bugs based on created date, user, and project.
- Bugs Created by Severity - Last 30 days: Bugs categorized by severity in the last 30 days.
- Bugs Pivot Project/Severity: Pivot table of bug count, status, and their project.
- Bugs Creation Trend: Count of bugs created each month.
- Bugs Fixed by Members - Last 30 days: Bugs fixed by members in the last 30 days.
- Bugs Overdue by Owners: Count of overdue bugs and their percentage (Overdue/Total), based on Owners.
- Bugs status by Projects: Summary of bugs status across all projects.
- Bugs to be Fixed by Projects - This Month: Bugs fixed / to be fixed in each project, categorized by Open and Closed status for the current month.
- Created vs Resolved Bugs - Last 30 days: Total bug count vs. the resolved bug count in the last 30 days.
- Pending Bugs across Open Milestones: Count of pending bugs across open milestones, categorized by severity.
- Planned and Actual Time Spent Per Project: Planned time vs. the Actual time spent in fixing bugs for each project.
- Planned And Actual Time Spent Per User: Planned time vs. the Actual time spent in fixing bugs by each user.
- Recently Created Bugs - Last 30 days: Bugs count in the last 30 days, grouped by Open and Closed status.
- Recently Created Bugs by Severity - Last 30 days: Bugs count in the last 30 days, grouped by severity.
- Resolution Time - Last 30 days: Total resolution time of bugs closed each day, in the last 30 days.
- Top 10 Models by Bug Count: Top 10 modules based on the bug count.
- Top 10 Delayed Bugs: Top 10 most delayed bugs that are overdue.
- Top 5 Members by Bugs handled: Top 5 members, based on the total number of bugs managed.
- Top 5 Modules by Bug Count: Top 5 modules, based on the total number of bugs managed.
- Unassigned bugs for more than 10 days: Bugs unassigned for more than 10 days.
Once you have integrated BugTracker in Reports, you can view a variety of insightful reports generated automatically based on your bugs. Apart from this, you might also want to do your own analysis and create your own reports. This can be easily done using the easy-to-use drag & drop interface of Zoho Reports. You can also edit the default reports provided to customize it to your needs using the edit report option. This is similar to the flow of creating new reports.
To create new ad hoc in Zoho Reports:
- Click the drop down arrow in New.
- You can choose to create a new table, report, dashboard or folder as desired.
- Click New Report to create a new report.
- Select any desired view for the report. You can choose Chart View, Tabular View, Pivot View, Summary View or Dashboard.
- Choose the desired module to create the report in Select Base Table.
- Click OK to open up a drag and drop designer to create your chart.
- From the Field List on the left panel, select any desired column and then drag and drop the column in X-Axis in Graph tab. Similarly select a column for the Y-Axis and then drag and drop the column in Y-Axis.
- The data dropped from these columns is used to construct the axes of the chart/graph to be generated.
- You can also drag and drop columns in Filters and User Filters tabs to apply selected filters to the report.
- Select Click Here to Generate Graph. A report is generated based on the information provided.
- Click Save to save the report.
- Enter the report name in Name.
- Select the desired folder to save the report in Save in Folder.
- Enter additional information about your report in Description.
- Click OK to save the report in the desired module.
Once you have initially synced few projects with bugs in Zoho Reports, you can later start adding or deleting more projects as desired from Zoho Reports or from Zoho BugTracker.
To add/delete projects from Zoho Reports:
- Select the database in Zoho Reports.
- Click the arrow in Zoho BugTracker and then click Edit Setup.
- Click Show all Projects in Edit Zoho BugTracker Setup.
- Select the desired number of projects to add.
- If required, you can also clear the already selected projects to delete those data from the report.
- You can change the frequency of time period for synchronizing the project data in Perform Import Every.
- Click Save to save the newly added projects for synchronization.
The report will reflect the modified project data in the next scheduled import.
To add/delete projects from Zoho Projects:
- Click in the upper right corner and select Zoho Apps in Integration.
- Click Configure in Zoho Reports.
- Choose the desired projects in Select Projects.
- If required, you can also clear the already selected projects to delete those data from the report.
- Select the frequency of time interval for import in SYNCHRONISE.
- Click Update Sync to sync the project data.
You can view the import details to check the synchronization status of the project data.
To view import details:
- Select your database in Zoho Reports.
- Click the arrow in Zoho BugTracker and then click Last Import Details to view the synchronization status of project data.
- Click Edit to display Edit Zoho BugTracker Setup to add or delete more projects.