You can group projects based on criteria, requirements, clients, users and various other project needs. By grouping projects you can segregate multiple projects and efficiently manage your project groups.
- Create a Project Group
- Edit a Project Group
- Reorder Project Groups
- Delete a Project Group
- Create a New Project and Associate a Project Group
- Reorder Projects
- Ungroup Projects From a Project Group
You can create a new project group based on your business requirements.
- In Projects, click the Manage Groups icon at the top right corner.
- Manage Groups is enabled only if you are the Admin.
- Projects are displayed based on RECENT PROJECTS, ACTIVE PROJECTS (Projects and their groups) and All Projects ( Projects that are not associated with any groups).
- Click +Click or Drop project(s) to create a group.
- In Group Name, specify the group name for the projects that you want to group together.
- Click Create Group, to create a project group.
- You can also drag and drop projects from Active Projects in to +Click or Drop project(s) to create a group, and then create a group, if required.
In addition, you can create multiple project groups and associate multiple projects in a group.
You can edit the project group name at any point during the project. Hover the mouse over the required group name to enable the edit option.
View Projects in a Project Group
You can click on a project group and view the projects associated with that project group.
You can click Reorder Project Group and reorder the project groups and then click Save Order to save the project group order.
You can click Remove Group and delete the project group. Hover the mouse over the required group name to enable the remove option
However, any projects associated with the project group will not be deleted; instead they will be moved into Active Projects. A warning message is displayed, when you delete a project group.
You can create a new project and associate it to a project group. You can associate a project group only if you are the project Manager or if you have Admin rights.
- In Projects, click the Manage Group icon and then click the Plus icon ate the top right corner.
- In Project Name, specify a name for the project.
- In Choose a Template, select a project template.
- If you create a project from an existing project template, the Project Start Date option is enabled.
- In Project Start Date, select a start date for the project.
- In Project Overview, specify a brief summary about the project.
- In Owner, select the project owner.
- In Group Name, select a project group to associate the project. You can select a project group only if you are the Project Manager or the Admin.
- If required, hover over Group Name, and then click Add New Group to create a new project group. You can create a new group only if you are the Admin.
- In Project access, indicate the privileges to access the project.
- Click Add Project to create a new project.
- If required, you can also edit the project and modify its Group Name. However, you can change project groups only if you are the Project Manager.
You can reorder projects within a project group as desired. In Project Groups, click the desired project group and then click Reorder Projects.
Drag and drop the project to reorder as desired and then click Save Order to save the new project order.
You can also sort the projects alphabetically too.
You can ungroup projects associated with a project group, if required.
- Click on a desired project group to view its associated projects.
- Click on the desired projects and then drag and drop the projects in to Active Projects.
- A warning message about removing the projects from that project group is displayed.
- Click OK to remove the projects from its project group.
To remove a single project, you can hover over the project and select Remove From Group to remove only that project from its project group.
You can click the View by Client tab and then click the Manage Groups icon at the top right corner, to view the client projects and associate projects to the desired client group. To associate a project to a client group, you need to drag and drop the project into the desired client group.
- Projects that are not associated with any client group are available in Active Projects group.
You can search for projects using Project Search. However, it is case-sensitive.