You can group projects based on criteria, requirements, clients, users and various other project needs. By grouping projects you can segregate multiple projects and efficiently manage your project groups.
Create a Project Group
You can create a new project group based on your business requirements.
- In Projects, click the Manage Groups icon at the top right corner.
- Manage Groups is enabled only if you are the Admin.
- Projects are displayed based on RECENT PROJECTS, ACTIVE PROJECTS (Projects and their groups) and All Projects ( Projects that are not associated with any groups).
- Click +Click or Drop project(s) to create a group.
- In Group Name, specify the group name for the projects that you want to group together.
- Click Create Group, to create a project group.
- You can also drag and drop projects from Active Projects in to +Click or Drop project(s) to create a group, and then create a group, if required.
In addition, you can create multiple project groups and associate multiple projects in a group.
Edit a Project Group
You can edit the project group name at any point during the project. Hover the mouse over the required group name to enable the edit option.
View Projects in a Project Group
You can click on a project group and view the projects associated with that project group.
Reorder Project Groups
You can click Reorder Project Group and reorder the project groups and then click Save Order to save the project group order.
Delete a Project Group
You can click Remove Group and delete the project group. Hover the mouse over the required group name to enable the remove option
However, any projects associated with the project group will not be deleted; instead they will be moved into Active Projects. A warning message is displayed, when you delete a project group.
Create a New Project and Associate a Project Group
You can create a new project and associate it to a project group. You can associate a project group only if you are the project Manager or if you have Admin rights.
- In Projects, click the Manage Group icon and then click the Plus icon at the top right corner.
- In Project Name, specify a name for the project.
- In Choose a Template, select a project template.
- If you create a project from an existing project template, the Project Start Date option is enabled.
- In Project Start Date, select a start date for the project.
- In Project Overview, specify a brief summary about the project.
- In Owner, select the project owner.
- In Group Name, select a project group to associate the project. You can select a project group only if you are the Project Manager or the Admin.
- If required, hover over Group Name, and then click Add New Group to create a new project group. You can create a new group only if you are the Admin.
- In Project access, indicate the privileges to access the project.
- Click Add Project to create a new project.
- If required, you can also edit the project and modify its Group Name. However, you can change project groups only if you are the Project Manager.
You can reorder projects within a project group as desired. In Project Groups, click the desired project group and then click Reorder Projects.
Drag and drop the project to reorder as desired and then click Save Order to save the new project order.
You can also sort the projects alphabetically too.
You can now import MPP/XLS/JSON/CSV files into Zoho Projects and start collaborating.
- In Projects list view, click the Import Task option, next to the Plus icon.
- The Import Task link is available in View by Group and View by Client view.
- In Import Task drop-down, choose the desired file type to import.
- Click Import Task tab, and then click Choose File to select the desired file to import.
- In Select file type, indicate the file type.
- In Select Project Name, select the desired project.
- Click Import to import the file.
- Associate the imported file with their corresponding task fields.
- In Select date format, select the date format of the imported file.
- Click Continue.
- A warning message about applying default values to mismatched fields is displayed.
- Click OK to continue the import. A flash message about the scheduled import is displayed.
- All the tasklist available in the imported file are listed in the Classic View.
- If you map the TASK OWNER to it's corresponding xls field, and continue to import, the Import XLS File wizard is displayed. In this wizard, you can choose to leave the tasks unassigned or associate the xls users to project users.
While importing, if you map only the TASKLIST ID, the corresponding tasklist alone is imported, even if there are identical tasklist names. However, if you map the TASKLIST NAME, all the available tasklist with the given tasklist name are imported irrespective of their tasklist ID.
|TASKLIST ID ||TASKLIST NAME ||Mapped Field Name ||Imported Tasklist |
|1234 ||Edit Template ||Tasklist ID ||Edit Template -1234 |
|5678 ||Edit Template ||Tasklist Name ||Edit Template-1234 and Edit Template-5678 |
Ungroup Projects From a Project Group
You can ungroup projects associated with a project group, if required.
- Click on a desired project group to view its associated projects.
- Click on the desired projects and then drag and drop the projects in to Active Projects.
- A warning message about removing the projects from that project group is displayed.
- Click OK to remove the projects from its project group.
To remove a single project, you can hover over the project and select Remove From Group to remove only that project from its project group.
Associate a Project to a Client Group
You can click the View by Client tab and then click the Manage Groups icon at the top right corner, to view the client projects and associate projects to the desired client group. To associate a project to a client group, you need to drag and drop the project into the desired client group.
- Projects that are not associated with any client group are available in Active Projects group.
You can search for projects using Project Search. However, it is case-sensitive.
View by Client
In View by Client, you can view the client projects associated with client groups and other projects associated with the organization. However, to add a client group, you can add clients only from All Users.
You can add a new project, import .mpp files, edit and delete projects in View by Client view.