In Zoho CRM, the profile function controls the permission to CRM modules, records, fields in a record, and various utilities, such as import, export, send email, mass update, etc. Users associated to the profile can access the functions that are assigned to them.
Profile Permission Required: Users with the Manage Profiles permission in profile can access this feature.
- You can create profiles in the paid editions, only if you have more than one user in your Zoho CRM account.
- Two profiles are provided by default:
Administrator Profile: This profile has access to all the features in the Zoho CRM account.
Standard Profile: This profile has limited access to the features in Zoho CRM account.
Profile controls the following functions:
- Module-level permission
- Sub module-level permission
- Field-level permission
Module Level Permissions
- Tab visibility
- View Records
- Create Records
- Edit Records
- Delete Records
Sub module-level permissions
- Manage Reports & Dashboards
- Import Records
- Export Records
- Mass Transfer
- Mass Delete
- Mass Update and more.
- Visibility of fields
- Restrict editing of fields (Read-only)
See Also Setting up Field-level Security