In Zoho CRM, you can store quote details by manually entering the data in the quote details form.
- Some of the standard fields may not be visible or editable depending on your organization business process.
- In case you want to add or modify fields, please contact your System Administrator for more details on the usage of other fields.
Create Quotes Individually
To create quotes
- In the Quotes module, click New Quote.
- In the Create Quotes page, enter the quotes details.
- Under the Product Details section, click Add Line Items.
- In the Choose Products popup, type in at least 3 characters of the Product Name or Product Code to search for the desired product and choose it from the drop-down. The only way to add products is by choosing them from the drop-down. You cannot add them otherwise. Also, the search results are affected by words seperated by a space. For example, typing "Cha" will bring up "Arm Chair", provided the product name is stored as "Arm Chair" (as two words). If it is stored as "Armchair", typing "Cha" will not bring up the product. To bring this up, you must type "Arm”.
- Enter the desired quantity for the chosen product.
For more info on the stock quantity of the chosen product, point the mouse to the Info icon next to quantity text box.
- Add more product lines as required by clicking the Add another line link.
Note that you can add up to 100 line items in a quote.
- Once you have added all product lines, click Add Products to add them to the quote. All the details required for the chosen line item (including taxes, price book discounts and product description for the chosen product) will be populated automatically.
If you have more than one item, simply drag and drop line items to reorder the product lines.To view the Product Quantity and Unit price, point your mouse to the Product Name/Product Code. To view Total after Discount, point your mouse to Discount.
- To edit the details of a line item, click on the Edit icon that appears when you point your mouse to a value such as tax or discount. Editing a value changes any related values automatically.
To view the Discount and Range details for the associated price book, point your mouse to the Discount value and click on the Info icon that appears.
- Click Save.
- The Product Details section is not customizable. If you wish to add any other details in the section such as Billing info, that is not possible.
To clone quotes
- In the Quotes tab, click a particular quote that you want to be cloned.
- In the Quote Details page, click Clone.
- In the Clone Quotes page, modify the required details.
- Click Save.
Associate Quotes with Other Records
You can create a 360-degree view of the quote to display all the associated details, such as sales orders, open activities, and history of the completed activities.
- Sales Orders: To display sales orders associated with quotes.
- Open Activities: To add tasks and events related to quotes.
- Closed Activities: To display the completed activities.
- Attachments: To attach documents.
- Emails: To view email messages.
Convert Quote to Sales Order/Invoice
To convert quotes to a sales order or invoice
- Click the Quotes tab.
- In the Quotes Home page, select the required quote.
- In the Quote Details page, click Convert, and then select Sales Order / Invoice.
The Sales Order/Invoice Details page will be displayed.