A List report is similar to a table report with rows and columns of data. Each row is one record and each column is a Field. This type of report is often used when you want to see more number of records at a time. It is a simple yet powerful report type that can display any columns you want and in the required order. You can sort, search, filter and group data in a list report.
A Basic List report with Rows and Columns of Data
Creating a List report
- Select the Create New -> Report option. The dialog to create the new report will be displayed.
- Select the Report Type as List.
- Specify the Report name. The Report name is the name displayed in the Report header and the Report link name is the name displayed in the URL while accessing the report. For example, if the report name is Employee Details, the view link name will be Employee_Details. The link name is used internally in Deluge Script.
- Select the Form based on which this new report is to be created.
- Place this report under: If you have created sections under which the existing forms/reports are to be displayed in Live Mode, all the existing sections will be displayed here. Select the section under which the new report will be displayed. If no sections are created, the report will be placed under "Home". Refer the topic, Layouts for more information.
- Click Create to create the report. A preview of the Sales Report is displayed as shown in the screen-shot below.
- You can make the required configurations to this report using the option displayed on the left-side tree. Each option is explained in separate topics as listed below:
- Display Properties : You can change the Report Type and the number of records to displayed per page from the Display Properties link. Learn more..
- Column Properties: You can control the display of columns and also change the display name of the columns here.
- Set Column Widths: You can specify the width of columns by providing the appropriate width in pixels/percentage. Learn more..
- Set Criteria: You can set criteria to create reports with specialized reporting needs. Learn more..
- Set Filters: Filters are a set of named criteria that allow you to select and display only specific entries in a report. Learn more..
- Set Grouping: You can group your data based on specific fields in a report. Grouping creates sub-lists within a list report. Learn more..
- Set Sorting: You can sort records by a specific column/column(s) in ascending or descending order to display meaningful reports.Learn more..
- Set Access Permissions: Users will be able to add, edit or delete records in a report only if access permission is provided by the application owner. Learn more..
- Custom Actions: Custom Actions are actions performed on selected records in a report by executing function calls. Learn more..
- Record summary : The Record Summary feature enables you to create a customized summary for each record, by just dragging and dropping the fields required. Learn more..
- To view the data, click on the button and select the list report to be displayed. For example, select the Sales report we have created above.
Navigating a long list report
You can easily navigate a list report that has thousands of records using the navigation links that are placed below the report header. You can also specify the number of records to be displayed per page. In the screen shot shown below, selecting the <range of Many> link below the report header will display the total number of records in the report. To move forward through records in the list report, click the arrow that points to the right. To move back, click the arrow that points to the left.
Managing a List report
Once created it is easy to manage a list report while it is displayed on your screen. You don't even need to open it in the Reports tab.
- You can sort/group by any column in the report
- View filtered records
- Search the report
- Show/hide columns in the report
- Change the display format of the report
- Create personalized reports by saving the changes made to the report as a new reports.
- Export data in different formats
- Print data.
In addition to the above actions, the app owner can perform the following actions:
- Import data to the report
- Get the report permalink
- Embed the report in his website/blog.
All this can be done right from the list report that is displayed on the screen. The app owner need not go back to the Reports tab to make these changes.To modify other type of reports or to use the other features like setting criteria etc., you need to make the changes from the Reports tab. Shared users can create personalized reports by saving the changes made to their report as a new report. Read How
Default sort order of records in a List report
For enhanced performance, the default sort order of the list report is now changed from Added time to ID. Hence, the records will not be displayed in the order in which they are added. Incase if you want to display the records based on the time they are added, use the Sort option to sort based on Added_Time.