A calendar view is displayed based on a date field or date-time field in your form. You can create a calendar view by specifying the event start time, for time based events like appointments or by specifying the event "Start Date", for "all day" events like birthdays, anniversaries or by specifying the Start/End dates for events that extend beyond a single day. You can view the events by day, by week, and by month. You can reschedule the event start/end dates by simple drag-n-drop of the horizontal bar and also easily scroll through to see other events that precede or follow the day, week, month you're in.
Calendar View that displays time-based events
Calendar View that displays events based on start/end dates
Creating a Calendar View
To create a new calendar view,
select the "New View" option from the View tab. Specify the following information in the "New View" page.
- Select the view type as Calendar.
- Specify the name of the view in the "Specify View Name" text area.
- Select the Form based on which the calendar view will be created from the list of forms displayed in "View based on" list box.
- Select the section under which this view will appear from the "Place this view under" list box.
- To enable add, edit or delete permissions to shared users, select the required check-box options listed in "Allow other to"
- You can view the calendar events by day, by week, and by month based on the "Calendar View Type" selected.
- Select the Field whose value will be displayed in the calendar from the "display field" list box.
- Select the event start date from the "Start Date" list-box. All the date/date-time fields in the form will be listed here.
- Select the event end date from the "End Date" list-box. All the date/date-time fields in the form will be listed here. Selecting the end date is optional .
- Click Done to create the view. The view will be displayed in the Views tab as shown below. You can set criteria, create filters, change access permissions, change the display name of columns and control the display of columns using the options displayed on the left-side tree. Use the Re-arrange Columns links displayed in the view header to rearrange the columns in the view.
- Display Properties: You can configure the View Type and the date/time field from the Display Properties link.
- Column Properties: You can control the display of columns and also change the display name of the columns here.
- Set Criteria: You can set criteria to create views with specialized reporting needs. Learn more..
- Set Filters: Filters are a set of named criteria that allows you to select only specific entries in a view. Learn more..
- Set Access Permissions: Users will be able to add, edit or delete records in a view only if access permission is provided by the app owner. Learn more..
- To view the events in your calendar, click on the button and select the calendar view to be displayed. You can view your events by day, week or month.
The Day view displays events for a single day. To use this view, click the Day button in the top-right corner of your calendar. Use the single arrows in the top-center of the calendar to move forward or backward by a day. Click on Today to return to the current day. All-day events will be displayed at the top of the day.
The Week view displays events for the current week. To use this view, just click on the Week button in the top-right corner of your calendar. Use the single arrows in the top-center corner of the calendar to move forward or backward by a week. Click Today to return to the current day.
The Month view displays events for the current month. To use this view, just click on the Month button in the top-right corner of your calendar. Use the single arrows in the top-center of the calendar to move forward or backward by a month. Click Today to return to the current day. To extend the event end date, move mouse over the end of the event bar and drag the arrow to the desired date. To reschedule the start/end date, drag and drop the event bar to the desired date.
- When the Date - Time field and Date field configured with Allowed days and Allowed hours are used in creating a calender view, the specified days and hours will be reflected in the calender view created. Users will be able to record their data only in the allowed days and time specified.
Reschedule an event
- To reschedule the event start/end date, simply drag-n-drop the horizontal bar to the required slot.
- To extend or reduce an event end date, place mouse over the end of the horizontal bar and drag the arrow to the required slot.
- Shared users will be able to update(using drag & drop) the event date/time only if they have edit permission granted in the calendar view.
Add an event
To add records from a calendar view, click on the required date/time slots in the calender. The "Add Record" page will be displayed with the Date/time fields set to the selected date/time slots. Fill up the required field values and click on "Submit" to add the record.
Edit/Delete an event
To Edit/Delete a record click on the event. The existing record is displayed. Click on the Edit option to display the Edit Record dialog. To delete the record, click on the Delete option.
- Shared users can Add, Edit or Delete records in the view only if access permission is provided by the application owner.
- Displaying a calendar view from a list view, using the More -> View As -> Calendar option will display a calendar view based on the "first" date field that is arranged in the View edit mode.
Managing a calendar view
Once created, you can easily mange the calendar view that is displayed on the screen by selecting the More option from the view header. You can
- Change the display format of the view
- Get the iCal feed url
- Export data in different formats and print data.
In addition to the above actions, the app owner can perform the following actions:
- Import data to the view
- Get the view permalink
- Embed the view in his website/blog.
- Share the view
All this can be done right from the calendar view that is displayed on the screen. To use the other features like setting criteria etc., you need to make the changes from the View tab. Shared users can create personalized views by saving the changes made to their view as a new views. Read How