In the section Forms we learnt about the different Form types supported by Zoho Creator and the configurations that can be made to your Forms like, setting email notifications, creating relationship, configuring form actions and so on. All the Forms configured in your application will be listed in the Forms tab. You can use the Customize tab to organize your Forms and Views under different sections. To add records to your Form, access the application by selecting Access this application button.
- By default, only the application owner can access the Forms and Views in a private application. To enable users to access the Forms/Views, the application owner has to Share the application or only the required Forms/Views with his users. Learn how to share your application with users.
Adding records to your Form
A record is a row of data submitted through a Form. In the topic, Form Types we have learnt that Zoho Creator supports two types of Forms - Normal Forms and Stateless Forms. The data submitted through a Normal Form will be directly added to the relevant table in your database. In the screen-shot given below, a Sales record is entered in the Sales Form. On click of the Submit button, the Sales data will be updated in the Sales database. If Form action scripts are configured to validate data, the data will be updated only if validation is successful.
You can also invoke the Form by selecting the Add link in the View, as shown in the screen-shot below. For shared users, the Add link will be displayed in a View only if access permission is provided by the app owner, to add new records.
- Zoho Creator automatically updates the Added time and the Added User's Name and IP address, for each record added to the database.
Selecting More Actions from the Form Header will display the following options as shown in the screen-shot below:
- Import Data: You can add record to your form by importing data from an excel file. For example, if you have Sales data stored in an excel file, you can directly transfer this data to your Sales database. Refer the topic Import and Export Data for more information.
- Email Data: Every form in Zoho Creator has its own email address, so you can just sent an email to your form, to submit form data. Zoho Creator checks for form updates via e-mail, once in every ten minutes. The data submitted through e-mail will be directly added to your database. Refer the topic Email Data for more information.
- Permalink: Use the Form permalink if you do not want to share your application with users but just want to send them a link to submit form data or to embed in your website/blog. Refer the topic Form and View Permalinksfor more information.
- Embed in your Website: Embed your form in your website/blog, just by pasting few lines of code. Refer the topic Embed Forms and Views for more information.
Different ways of adding records in Zoho Creator