The Email field is used to enter an email address. If you define a field to be of type Email, Zoho Creator checks if the data entered in the form for that field is a valid email-id, else it will display the error message "Enter a valid email address for <field name>" to the user. The email-id submitted through a form is displayed as a link in the view. When you click on the link, Zoho Creator opens your email client with a blank message addressed to the specified email address.
Screen-shot of a Form with Email Field type and its view that displays the Email as a link
Configuring a Email field type
- Drag-n-drop theEmailfield type to the editor area.
- In the Label Name textbox, specify the name that will be displayed for this field in the Form. The Field name used in Deluge Script will be same as the Label name with underscore instead of white spaces, and will be assigned automatically by Zoho Creator.
- Click on Options and specify the field configurations. Refer the topic Field Configurations to learn more about each configuration.
- Click Done to add the field to your form.
- To edit the field configurations or to delete the field or to add field action scripts, move mouse over the field and click on the Edit this field option.
- When you Access the application, the Email field will be displayed to enable users to type in their email id.