The Date - Time field is used to add date and time to your form. You can configure the date to appear in any format (15-Aug-1947 or Aug 15, 1947) and select the time zone from the Applications Settings dialog, as shown in the screen-shot given below. When a date - time field appears on a form, it displays a calendar button, which lets users select a date and time in a couple of clicks.
A Sales Form with a Date - Time field
Configuring a Date/Time field
- Drag-n-drop the Date - Time field type to the editor area.
- The Adding 'Date - Time' screen is displayed as shown below. In the Label Name text box, enter the Field Label name that will be displayed in the form.
- Click on Options and select the field configurations. Refer the link Field Configurations to learn more about each configuration.
- Click Done to add the field with the specified configurations.
- To edit the field configurations or to delete the field or to add field action scripts, move mouse over the field and click on the Edit this field option.
- When you Access the application, the Date - Time field will be displayed in your form with a calendar button which lets users select the required date and time.
Configuring allowed days and allowed hours
Configuring Allowed days and Allowed Hours lets users to enter data only in the specified date and time.
To configure Allowed Days and Allowed Hours,
- Click Options on the edit mode of Date - Time field.
- Check the Custom option for Allowed days and check the days on which the users can add their data.
- Check the Custom option for Allowed Hours and specify the time in "From" & "To" drop down on which the user can add their data.
- Click Done
- When you create a calender view using the Date - Time field for which the Allowed days and Allowed Hours are set, a view will be created where users can only record their data within the specified date and time. When data is entered in the time other than the specified time, an error message will be displayed to the users.