You can back up your application with data by selecting the Backup Apps link in your Setup page or the Backups section in your application dashboard page. You can also obtain a copy of the backup file after the application is backed-up. The backup zip file will include the deluge script file and a set of .csv files containing their data. However, zip file will not contain the files that were uploaded using the file upload field. You can have up to three back up versions for a single application and also restore the backed up application very easily by just selecting the Restore button in the Backup screen.
Screen-shot of the Backup screen
Step to backup your application
- From your Homepage, click on Setup -> Back Apps . The Backup apps page will display a list of all the backed up applications, the backups in progress and restores in progress.
- To start a new backup, click on Start New Backup.
- In the "New Backup" dialog, select the application to backup and click on Backup Now.
- When the backup is in progress, the Backup In Progress tab is selected and shows the status as 'Started' with the start time.
- When the backup is completed, the backed up application will be listed under Completed tab, along with the version number and the date of backup.
- You can have 3 back up versions, for a single application.
Steps to restore a backed up application
- Click the Restore button from the Completed tab of the Backup screen.
- Specify the Application Name in the Restore dialog and click Restore Now.
- The restored application will be listed in your Home page.
Steps to download the backup file
- Click the Download button from the Completed tab of the Backup screen. The backup file is a .zip file that includes the Deluge script file of the application (.ds file) and a set of .csv files containing the data. The backup will not contain the files that were uploaded using the File upload field.