Zoho Books - Zendesk Integration
Zendesk is a customer service software that allows quicker and easier interaction between businesses and customers. It lets you prioritize, track and solve customer support queries, connect with various apps and collect customer data all from one place to provide better customer service. Integrating Zoho Books with Zendesk will allow your customer support agent to access information of your Zoho Books customers including their contact details, transactions and invoice payments in Zendesk.
Lets take an example where your customer has a query regarding their invoice or payment details. Your staff or customer support agent views the query from your Zendesk account. When your account is integrated with Zoho Books they will be able to pull all data regarding the customer’s invoice status and payments made while staying inside Zendesk.
By integrating Zoho Books with Zendesk, you will be able to fetch:
- Customer information - Customer name, billing and shipping address, email address, contact persons, currencies and phone numbers.
- Invoice details - Invoice created, due date, and billed amount.
- Payment details - Amount paid and amount due.
- Please ensure that your customer support agent is a user in your Zoho Books account.
- Your customer support agent should have access to your Zendesk account which has Zoho Books installed in it.
Connecting to Zendesk
Setting your Zoho Books - Zendesk integration is easy! Please follow the instructions below:
- Login to your Zendesk account.
- Click the Gear icon from the sidebar of your Zendesk homepage and select Marketplace.
- From the App Directory select Zoho Books. You will be able to find the app under the category Productivity and Time Tracking
- Click Install to integrate Zoho Books to your Zendesk account.
- In the page that follows, select the Zendesk account to which you would like to install Zoho Books and click Install.
Now select the Zoho Books app and edit your General Settings.
- Edit the Display name for your application.
- Enable Role restrictions to restrict your customer support agent from accessing Zoho Books.
Click Save Settings to complete the integration.
Access Zoho Books from Zendesk
Once the Zoho Books application is installed, the integration is ready to use.
- Click the Views tab from the Sidebar of your Zendesk account to see the support tickets.
- Pick a ticket that might require your access to Zoho Books app and click Apps at the right corner of the window.
- Select Sign In to complete signing into your Zoho Books account to fetch customer data. If you have already signed in, then select Zoho Books from your applications and you will be able to view data for the customer
After signing in you should be able to see the following:
Overview - Gives details on customer contact information including customer addresses, phone numbers, contact persons and currencies.
Comments - Gives you the transaction history of the customer including payment details with date.
Sales - Lets you view payment details of invoices with the customer.
Disabling the integration:
The integration would be disabled when you uninstall the application. Please note, once the app is disabled, you will no longer be able to lookup information from Zoho Books while resolving customers issues.
To disable the integration, please follow the instructions below:
- Click the Gear icon from the sidebar from the Zendesk homepage and select the option Manage
- Under the Currently installed tab, select Zoho Books.
- Click the Uninstall App button to disable the integration.