Print cheques in Zoho Books
Now you can print cheques directly from Zoho Books!
You can now pay your vendors by writing and printing out a cheque directly from Zoho Books, ensuring a secure form of payment. This comes handy when you need to follow up small jobs (i.e: home repair contractors) by cutting a cheque right there and making an instant payment.
Paper cheques compatible with Zoho Books software can be purchased from our official document solutions partner, Dynamic Systems. Click here to choose from available cheque styles and buy the one that best suits your company’s requirements. You can use these cheque leaves to print cheques directly from Zoho Books and pay your bills.
Note : This is different from the Cheque option that is available under mode of payment, and may refer to any cheque payment you have made. The Pay via Cheque option is exclusive to cheques that you write and print from inside Zoho Books on compatible cheque leaves.
Stages of a Cheque:
Ordering Cheque leaves : Click here to order cheque leaves compatible with Zoho Books.In the Dynamic systems webpage, Click on Shop now to navigate to the products page. Here, select Checks and then select Zoho Checks in the next page. Choose a suitable style and place an order. If you need the bank and/or organization address, we recommend you to give the details there and get it pre populated in cheque leaves.
- Write and Print a Cheque from Zoho Books
- Multiple Bill Payments via Cheque
- Cheque Details
- Clearing a Cheque
- Voiding a Cheque
- Viewing and Filtering Cheques
- Other Actions
Write and Print a Cheque from Zoho Books
- Open the Purchases tab and scroll down to Bills section.
- Select a bill for which a payment is to be made using cheque.
- Click on the drop down next to Record Payment and select Pay via Cheque.
Multiple Bill Payments via Cheque
There might be cases where you might have procured items from vendors or might have incurred multiple expenses from the same vendor. Instead of making payments using multiple cheques, you can pay for all of them with just a single cheque.
- Go to Contacts and select the vendor for whom you wish to make the payment.
- Select the option Pay Bill via Cheque from the New Transaction drop-down.
- In the screen that follows, fill in the required information including the amount and the bills for which you wish to make the payment.
- Finally either click Save and Print Now or Save and Print Later option as per your preference.
To view the cheques, go to the Payments Made section under Purchases. In the filter drop-down, select Cheques to be printed to view the cheque and print it.
These are the main details to be filled when you write a cheque in Zoho Books.
Amount - This denotes the bill amount that you plan to pay via the cheque. This can be the complete amount due on the bill, or simply a part of it.
Payment date - The date on which the payment is being made.
Bank account - The bank/checking account from where the money is taken out in order to pay the vendor.
- Record the Amount you wish to pay, this can be the complete outstanding amount or just a portion of it. It is the full amount by default.
- Select a Payment Date for the cheque.
- Choose a Bank account from the drop down list.
- You can print the cheque straightaway by selecting the Save and Print now option at the bottom. A reference number for your cheque or a cheque number must be entered when you print a cheque. Zoho Books will auto generate this number sequentially but you can modify them as per your requirement. In case this option is selected, status of the payment becomes Uncleared.
Note : Reference number in payments list automatically takes the value specified as cheque number while printing. * Choose the Save and print later option if you wish to review the cheque at your leisure before printing it out. In case this option is selected, status of the payment becomes To be printed. At this point, cheque number will not be assigned. It will be assigned while the cheque is being printed.
Print - You can print it later by opening and selecting the print icon as highlighted below.
After printing the cheque, status of payment changes from To be printed to Uncleared.
Note : In both the above cases, Bill status will be updated as paid.
Clearing a cheque
Status of payment can be changed to cleared after getting the bank feed. In order to do so, Go to Banking and select the corresponding account. Now select and match the payments with bank feed as depicted below.
Once payment is matched, payment status changes to Cleared as shown below.
Voiding a cheque
You can use this feature to cancel an already printed cheque. After voiding the cheque, it will appear as shown below :
In this case, status of payment changes to Void.
Tip : You can void a bounced/damaged cheque.
Viewing and Filtering Cheques
The cheques you’ve written can be viewed from under Purchases -> Payments Made. Click on the drop down and select the option ‘Paid via Cheque’. Your cheque payments can be sorted according to their status as shown below.
- Cheques to be printed
- Uncleared Cheques
- Cleared Cheques
- Void Cheques
Bulk Printing of Cheques
Imagine your business has an extensive purchasing, say over 50 transactions per day and you settle payments for all of them on the same day.
Now, if you have to print cheques for all these transactions and you do it one at a time, a day’s time is not going to be enough. With bulk printing, you can print cheques for all these transactions in one go!
You can print multiple cheques for various vendors and banks, in a single click. A maximum of 100 cheques can be printed at one go. Cheques once printed, either as a single cheque or as bulk, will not appear in the list of Bulk Printing cheques again. However, these cheques can be reprinted individually.
To print cheques in bulk:
- Go to the Purchases tab on the left sidebar and click on Payments Made.
- Click on the Filter drop-down present at the top left and choose Cheques to be Printed.
- Using the check boxes, select the payments for which you want to print the cheques and click on the Print icon.
- You will get a preview of the cheques you have selected for printing.
- If the preview is perfect, you can click Print. In case you need to make changes, you can go back and make the desired changes.
- Once the cheques are printed, a pop-up window will appear, showing the list of cheques with the Cheque Number (You can give a number of your choice as well). This cheque number is for your reference.
- This number is generated automatically. Using the check boxes, select the cheques that are printed without error (alignment errors, value errors, etc.) and press OK.
- All the printed cheques’ status will be changed from To be Printed to Uncleared as soon as the cheques are printed successfully.
- The cheques that were not selected will again appear in the Cheques to be Printed list.
- Once a cheque number is used, the number cannot be used again. This is applicable even if a cheque had been made void.
- Cheques cannot be exported as PDF in Bulk.
View and adjust the alignment of your cheque templates here as per your requirement. Go to Settings -> More Settings -> Templates -> Cheque. Or, simply click the Customize Cheque option while recording a payment via cheque, as shown below.
Tip : You can customize according to the printer you use, for proper text alignment.
- Export as PDF - Your cheques can be exported as PDF files by opening the cheque payment and selecting the PDF icon.